Go Back   MustangForums.com > Vendors & Sponsors > AmericanMuscle.com
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Old 06-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #261
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Vehicle: 2011 3.7 Premium

Bigger selection of tires. More brands. I know you guys sell Pirellies (sp?) but some other, cheaper priced brands would be nice too.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Matt's 95 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #262
AMWill
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: '14 GT
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ View Post
Racing helmets for those of us that actually race at the strip....
We recently just brought in G-Force racing gear! Along with helmets, we brought in the GF105 Racing Jacket, Pants, and G1 Gloves.

I'm actually about to pick up a G-Force helmet myself!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang View Post
Bigger selection of tires. More brands. I know you guys sell Pirellies (sp?) but some other, cheaper priced brands would be nice too.
The most recent addition to our tire selection is the Falken Azenis FK453, which is an awesome summer street tire. Which others were you thinking about?

Shane

Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST

WIN a Raxiom Lights and Tech Package from AmericanMuscle.com!

Free Same-Day Shipping!

Last edited by AMWill; 06-20-2013 at 09:55 AM.
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #263
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: Yes
SyNdicateZ

Shane. I just ordered the carbon fiber helmet! My old helmet needed replacing!

Thanks!

02 GT 5spd. 4.10 Geared, Accufab Plenum/70mm TB, K&N intake, Steeda Pullies, SLP Line-Lok, Flowmaster super 44 Catback, MAC Hi-Flo catted H-Pipe, Custom Dyno tuned W/ SCT Eliminator Chip,by Performance-Dyno.com Loudon, NH. Many other misc stuff not listed..
SyNdicateZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #264
AMWill
Platinum Sponsor

Nice! I'm going back and forth between the Carbon helmet and the regular White helmet. The Carbon helmet looks awesome and light on your head, but I was considering White because it may stay a little cooler in the car during those hot summer track days..

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. I just gotta make up my mind!

Shane

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #265
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
I have some good news for you then! Raxiom was talking about potentially producing a 2013 styled tail light for 05-09's. We were told to have more info 4 months from now.

Hopefully there's something in store of us!

Shane
Don't let them forget us 11/12's!!

I'm going to need new wheels soon and of the current selection I'm not finding quite what I have in mind. Some GLOSS charcoal, or maybe even better, some anthracite AMR's would be great. It seems as though the closest thing you have is the matte charcoal, and matte just doesn't do it for me. Need more options!

The black on black phase is starting to pass. Chrome isn't going to get popular anytime soon. I think you'd do well with some different shades.

2011 Black on black GT/CS A6
BMR springs, LCA's, panhard, STR.Ts, GT500 AB.
BleedinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #266
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GHIG GT

Hankook V12's and the Cooper RS3 tires would be a great addition. I personally don't like any tire you guys offer right now. The more choices in tires you have the better.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #267
AMWill
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
Don't let them forget us 11/12's!!

I'm going to need new wheels soon and of the current selection I'm not finding quite what I have in mind. Some GLOSS charcoal, or maybe even better, some anthracite AMR's would be great. It seems as though the closest thing you have is the matte charcoal, and matte just doesn't do it for me. Need more options!

The black on black phase is starting to pass. Chrome isn't going to get popular anytime soon. I think you'd do well with some different shades.
Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately Raxiom has put the 10-12 tail light on hold for now. Things are always changing though, so maybe there will be something in the future, it's hard to say.

I like the AMR wheel finish ideas. I'll toss them around with my Product Development Team!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Hankook V12's and the Cooper RS3 tires would be a great addition. I personally don't like any tire you guys offer right now. The more choices in tires you have the better.
Zodiac,

Any particular reason you don't like any of Nitto, Mickey Thompson, Sumitomo, Falken, or Pirelli tires we carry? These are just the street tires that I listed, too.

I'll have the right people look into more tire options for sure! I just wanted to get some feedback on our current selection.

Shane

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #268
WildHorses67

Vehicle: 2012 GT500

definitely need some more carbon fiber stuff, basically anything from here: http://www.trucarbon.net/category_s/34.htm

if yall carried trubcarbon stuff, I would consider the carbon fiber chin spoiler, side skirts and splash guards they offer for the 05-09 since they fit the GT500's
WildHorses67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #269
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD

Budget forged short blocks and street/strip head applications for the 5.0

At least budget I beam rods and forged crank, dish top pistons with a fat ring gap...

does not need to be an aluminum block, just something that handles 800hp and pump gas.

13.3@102, stalled/tuned, 4685lbs.
stealth_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #270
mariusvt
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013

Quote:
Zodiac,

Any particular reason you don't like any of Nitto, Mickey Thompson, Sumitomo, Falken, or Pirelli tires we carry? These are just the street tires that I listed, too.

I'll have the right people look into more tire options for sure! I just wanted to get some feedback on our current selection.

Shane
For me personally as a guy that drives my mustang in all 4 seasons, I'd love to see you guys stocking another all season tire. I've had the Pirelis on a another car, I would say they were fine in the dry, but ok at best in anything else. It would be awesome if you guys could offer something like the General G-Max as03 or since you already carry Nitto, add the motivo's as a choice to be part of your wheel & tire packages.

I'm dying to add a set of the AMR charcoals to my ride, but the tire selection is a major hang up for me.

Last edited by mariusvt; 07-07-2013 at 08:42 AM.
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #271
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Judge Shinobi

American Muscle, I'm not speaking to you until you bring in 4.0 SOHC Plenums for the V6 crowd! Haha.

You guys could do a limited run to test 'em out. I'm sure MMD or Stack Racing wouldn't mind if you guys requested it!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #272
AMWill
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHorses67 View Post
definitely need some more carbon fiber stuff, basically anything from here: http://www.trucarbon.net/category_s/34.htm

if yall carried trubcarbon stuff, I would consider the carbon fiber chin spoiler, side skirts and splash guards they offer for the 05-09 since they fit the GT500's
Since we do already carry Trufiber products, I'm sure it won't be a stretch to get some of their Carbon Fiber parts in. I do like the way the front splitter and side skirts look in carbon.

Great suggestion!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_GT View Post
Budget forged short blocks and street/strip head applications for the 5.0

At least budget I beam rods and forged crank, dish top pistons with a fat ring gap...

does not need to be an aluminum block, just something that handles 800hp and pump gas.
Hmm, what about a stock Boss 302 short block? You would need pump gas and methanol injection to hit 800rwhp, but you could do 700rwhp with just pump. In fact one of our employees used to have a 2012 Boss with a 2.9 Whipple that made 720rwhp on strictly 93octane pump gas.

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
For me personally as a guy that drives my mustang in all 4 seasons, I'd love to see you guys stocking another all season tire. I've had the Pirelis on a another car, I would say they were fine in the dry, but ok at best in anything else. It would be awesome if you guys could offer something like the General G-Max as03 or since you already carry Nitto, add the motivo's as a choice to be part of your wheel & tire packages.

I'm dying to add a set of the AMR charcoals to my ride, but the tire selection is a major hang up for me.
I understand. I'll have my Wheels and Tire guy take a look at other brands and see what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Christian View Post
American Muscle, I'm not speaking to you until you bring in 4.0 SOHC Plenums for the V6 crowd! Haha.

You guys could do a limited run to test 'em out. I'm sure MMD or Stack Racing wouldn't mind if you guys requested it!
Andrew,

You're referring to a 4.0 intake plenum for performance, not a 4.0 plenum cover, correct? I know we've had the 4.0 plenum cover requested a few times in the past, which I did add to my list. I just wanted to clarify, that's all.

Shane

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #273
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Judge Shinobi

Quote:
Andrew,

You're referring to a 4.0 intake plenum for performance, not a 4.0 plenum cover, correct? I know we've had the 4.0 plenum cover requested a few times in the past, which I did add to my list. I just wanted to clarify, that's all.

Shane
A functioning plenum replacement would be awesome, but I was speaking more about an engine dress-up. Something to jazz put the engine bay of the 4.0L Mustangs. I'm a huge fan of the Coyote inspired plenum "open runner" design. That piece for a 4.0L would sell faster than hotcakes.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/46-ple...er-0510gt.html

I think us 4L guys just want our engines to look good too!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #274
AMWill
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Christian View Post
A functioning plenum replacement would be awesome, but I was speaking more about an engine dress-up. Something to jazz put the engine bay of the 4.0L Mustangs. I'm a huge fan of the Coyote inspired plenum "open runner" design. That piece for a 4.0L would sell faster than hotcakes.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/46-ple...er-0510gt.html

I think us 4L guys just want our engines to look good too!
Okay cool, good thing I checked. I'll remind the New Product Team about this suggestion and see if we can move forward with it.

Thanks again and keep up with the good suggestions!

Shane

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #275
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
TorchVert

Quote:
Okay cool, good thing I checked. I'll remind the New Product Team about this suggestion and see if we can move forward with it.

Thanks again and keep up with the good suggestions!

Shane
Just to second Andrew's suggestion, There is a LOT of pent up demand for 4.0 plenum covers since the previous sole manufacturer folded (and their's sold well when it was available despite not being overly pretty)

And let's face it, the 4.0L plenum is just plain ugly. It was done by engineers strictly for function, and clearly no styling designer even glanced at it.

I think this would be a *BIG* hit if MMD cranked one out.

I sometimes suggest my personal plenum cover solution in threads looking for these that frequently pop up, but not everyone wants to spend $4K+ on a "plenum cover"

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011

Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 07-10-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #276
AMWill
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch_Vert View Post
Just to second Andrew's suggestion, There is a LOT of pent up demand for 4.0 plenum covers since the previous sole manufacturer folded (and their's sold well when it was available despite not being overly pretty)

And let's face it, the 4.0L plenum is just plain ugly. It was done by engineers strictly for function, and clearly no styling designer even glanced at it.

I think this would be a *BIG* hit if MMD cranked one out.

I sometimes suggest my personal plenum cover solution in threads looking for these that frequently pop up, but not everyone wants to spend $4K+ on a "plenum cover"
I agree, I do hear suggestions for 4.0 plenum covers too often for us to not take action. I'm hoping we we'll get out a design and start making some ASAP. However, even if we start today, it will be a few months before anything hits the site, unfortunately.

Until then, I'm a big fan of your plenum cover idea! Idk what people don't want to dish out 4k or such a nice looking cover. Especially when it makes a little noise lol.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always appreciated!

Shane

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #277
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT

I was reading up on your 99-04 LED tail lights and how they don't work with your sequential lights. I think you guys should pick some of these up. It's already smoked as well. I like the look of the ones that you guys are already carrying but the white outline around it really sticks out and it kind of ruins the sleek look of it and makes it look a bit cheap.

http://www.dashzracing.com/99-04-for...led-style.html
Subbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #278
98LaserRedGT
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Cobra Vert

Billet Aluminum Eleanor style grille! PLEASE take my money for this!!!

Also, a carbon fiber version of this:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-bla...anel-0509.html

Stock 98 Red GT with 100k

Last edited by 98LaserRedGT; 07-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.
98LaserRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #279
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang V6
_patt3rson_ GhostStrykre GhostStrykre

i just found this thread and there is 28 pages. i can't read through all of that hahaha. so hopefully my two suggestions aren't repeats (and if they are, then the idea must be popular!).

first, more variety for the 10-12 V6 front bumper cover replacement and/or grill replacement options. right now there's only like 2 options i think. and i'm not a big fan of the current grill covers.

second, i'd love to see the MGW short throw shifter in the AM arsenal. when i was looking at the hurst shifter i also found the MGW and was just blown away.

as always, these are products that are out there in other places, but those places don't have the trust and faith that i have in AM.com.
GhostStrykre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #280
steev
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang V6

Quote:
I agree, I do hear suggestions for 4.0 plenum covers too often for us to not take action. I'm hoping we we'll get out a design and start making some ASAP. However, even if we start today, it will be a few months before anything hits the site, unfortunately.

Until then, I'm a big fan of your plenum cover idea! Idk what people don't want to dish out 4k or such a nice looking cover. Especially when it makes a little noise lol.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always appreciated!

Shane
Just make sure it doesn't look like a big rectangular piece of plastic. The main reason I don't mind the V6's bay is because there is barely any tacky plastic in there.

A few things I'd like though:

-Wheel well and scuttle panel fasteners (the previous owner lost half of those fasteners), I tried finding them in an Autozone and they barely had any. Plus I'd much rather support you guys than my local autozone with random dudes offering to 'restore my headlights' for $40.
-I like the sound of a flat carbon fibre decklid cover, perhaps to delete the faux gas cap. or
-A faux gas cap that matches the brushed aluminum fuel doors you sell. There are chrome and black ones, but I'd rather it matched.
steev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement