AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by The01Cav
I wouldn't mind a smoked 3rd brake light to go with the raxiom oem smoked tails, even smoked side markers would be a nice addition to go with them. Maybe a combo kit or something like that?
Can of VHT Nightshades: $15
Sandpaper: $5
Clear Coat: $5

Time taken to remove, sand, spray, and clear: Couple hours

Knowing you did it all yourself: Priceless

Seriously, DIY. And you'll have so much leftover you can do your buddies lights for a small fee to recoup costs.

And to make this AM relevant, sell VHT!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

I would rather buy them already done to match the Raxiom lights and still have my stock lights left over if I need to switch them out for state inspection and such.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by The01Cav
I would rather buy them already done to match the Raxiom lights and still have my stock lights left over if I need to switch them out for state inspection and such.
Gotcha. In that case, it would be nice to have tinted lenses available, as well as the tint. Thanks for the feedback!

Shane
Old 02-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

another idea - stealthy mud flaps/guards. I have the OEM GT500 mud flaps and they simply do not do the job (not wide enough, needs to stick out a little further), and they do not offer fronts at all. something slightly wider, made out of the same looking material as the plastic undertrim panels, would be sweet. Seems it would be pretty easy to use the GT500 ones as a good starting point - their install is super simple and fitment is spot on.

I've had mud flaps on every car I've owned, I haven't seen a good solution for this car in that regard yet
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Entaille
another idea - stealthy mud flaps/guards. I have the OEM GT500 mud flaps and they simply do not do the job (not wide enough, needs to stick out a little further), and they do not offer fronts at all. something slightly wider, made out of the same looking material as the plastic undertrim panels, would be sweet. Seems it would be pretty easy to use the GT500 ones as a good starting point - their install is super simple and fitment is spot on.

I've had mud flaps on every car I've owned, I haven't seen a good solution for this car in that regard yet
I was actually thinking the same thing a few weeks ago! I'm getting my Project Development Team to work with 3DCarbon to see if we can develop a sufficient, but attractive splash guard for 10+ Mustangs. If that works out well, I'm sure we'll expand into more years!

Shane
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Brandonscarinfo,

I only have word that they're working on the tail lights, unfortunately. I don't have any news on ETA, so you may want to hang onto your smoked tail lights. It could easily be a few months before anything gets onto our site!

Shane
Any word on if they are LED or not?

I mean, the styling is pretty cool for the 13's, but it's the LEDs that make them pop from traffic.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

I know it's quite a few months out. I won't have an ETA for a while, unfortunately. However, I'll definitely post back here to let everyone know, when I do!

Shane
Old 02-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
I was actually thinking the same thing a few weeks ago! I'm getting my Project Development Team to work with 3DCarbon to see if we can develop a sufficient, but attractive splash guard for 10+ Mustangs. If that works out well, I'm sure we'll expand into more years!

Shane
sweet. I will be one of the first people to pull the trigger on those if they come to fruition.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Would you guys be able to get Stainless Works headers and cat backs for a 2013 GT?
Old 03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
2009 Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Do you guys do customer ride of the month??
That would be cool to be featured on your parts catalog for a month!

Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?