Go Back   MustangForums.com > Vendors & Sponsors > AmericanMuscle.com
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Old 11-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #461
alucard3600
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 3.7L Mustang

Some more audio double den options for the 11-14 mustangs without sync would be nice. I want a decent Navigation,touchscreen unit, but I dont really want the Raxiom one.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 11-28-2014, 06:46 AM   #462
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Mustang, GT

This! I was actually excited when I saw there was a non-sync Raxiom nav unit out that would work in my car. But then I saw it really doesn't do anything new for me that I already didn't have in my car already. .

I already have a stereo and a Garmin gps in my car. There is no need to buy a $600 stereo to do the same thing as what I already have.

Now, if I could add satellite radio to it and it had blue tooth, that would be cool.

And I'm talking integrated satellite radio that let's me control the satellite radio on the screen. I can plug a satellite radio in the aux Jack of my stock stereo, so it puts me back in the same situation. Why would I want to pay $600 to do the same things my car already does?

I understand this sounds super critical, and I wish I could make it not sound that way. I'm just hoping a cost effective integrated solution could be done up by raxiom/rosen.
GLOCKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #463
sonic245
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang

I haven't looked at every suggestion, so I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned it, but I'd personally like 2013/2014 style headlights for the 2010-2012 Mustang. There are similar models, but none quite like the 2013's.
sonic245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #464
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang Pony

A raxiom Nav unit for 05-09 Mustangs with the base and Shaker 500/1000 units.
Borla Touring Catback, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Catted X-Pipe, JLT Intake, SCT X4 93 Tune, Eibach Sportlines, 15% Tint, Roush 3pc Spoiler, 3dCarbon Blackout panel, 3dCarbon 4pc Pony Kit, Kaenen 3" Cowl Hood, Painted Mirror Caps, Sequential Tails, Boss 338 Wheels, Federal 595EVO Tires

Mods waiting to be installed. BBK 70MM Throttlebody
The01Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #465
AMAlexLazarus
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
http://www.facebook.com/americanmuscle http://www.twitter.com/americanmuscle http://www.instagram.com/americanmusclecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The01Cav View Post
Poly transmission mounts to go with the Prothane/stack racing engine mounts. I would love to have a nice new poly transmission mount to replace the rubber one on my 5r55.
Cav-I can definitely have this brought up-Thanks for your recommendation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKamp613 View Post
Anyone ever suggest a pre-painted CDC decklid panel for 2010-2012 (they'd fit 13/14s too)? I'd like one for my '13 but don't like the grayish plastic look. Would prefer color-matched. (Yes I know I could buy one and have it painted, but would rather have it shipped painted)
BKamp-That's something I'm happy to have recommended to them! Thank you for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkpGTCS View Post
This! Same for engine dress up. Trying to find nice black pieces is a pain.

I'm talking to a guy now about powder coating my Boss 302 engine strut bar & may have some other misc pieces done at the time time - like strut caps. Also doing my OEM GT strut bar since I think I'll be able to sell that to someone pretty easy.
That sounds pretty good on my end here! I'd like to see a few more options myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
Some more audio double den options for the 11-14 mustangs without sync would be nice. I want a decent Navigation,touchscreen unit, but I dont really want the Raxiom one.
I'm happy to bring this up with our contact at Raxiom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic245 View Post
I haven't looked at every suggestion, so I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned it, but I'd personally like 2013/2014 style headlights for the 2010-2012 Mustang. There are similar models, but none quite like the 2013's.
Sonic-It's been something that we've been hearing for quite some time! I'll make sure they hear your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The01Cav View Post
A raxiom Nav unit for 05-09 Mustangs with the base and Shaker 500/1000 units.
That's a great idea and I personally would have one in my car in a heartbeat if they were to get released!

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Let me know if there's anything else you think we should be carrying!

Alex
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN Free Mods & Bama Performance Tuning from AmericanMuscle.com!

Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #466
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang V6
BKamp32x

Quote:
Anyone ever suggest a pre-painted CDC decklid panel for 2010-2012 (they'd fit 13/14s too)? I'd like one for my '13 but don't like the grayish plastic look. Would prefer color-matched.

(Yes I know I could buy one and have it painted, but would rather have it shipped painted)
I'll bump this because I'm obsessed with decklids lately. Stumbled upon the TruCarbon panel that doesn't require hump removal. How about a '13-'14 non-carbon fiber panel (optional painted) that's smooth? Best of both worlds between the CDC & RTR panels...no hump cuttin' & smooth. I'm not too keen on the CDC's ribs the more I look at it.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:08 PM   #467
AMAlexLazarus
Platinum Sponsor

http://www.facebook.com/americanmuscle http://www.twitter.com/americanmuscle http://www.instagram.com/americanmusclecom

Quote:
I'll bump this because I'm obsessed with decklids lately. Stumbled upon the TruCarbon panel that doesn't require hump removal. How about a '13-'14 non-carbon fiber panel (optional painted) that's smooth? Best of both worlds between the CDC & RTR panels...no hump cuttin' & smooth. I'm not too keen on the CDC's ribs the more I look at it.
BKamp613 That's not a bad idea at all and I think they'd do really well! Just to make sure you mean this guy below right?

Click the image to open in full size.

If not just throw up a pic or a link for it and I'll make sure we get this added!

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #468
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang V6
BKamp32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
BKamp613 That's not a bad idea at all and I think they'd do really well! Just to make sure you mean this guy below right? If not just throw up a pic or a link for it and I'll make sure we get this added! Alex
Exactly like your pic, with just regular old smooth plastic, matte black or body painted (optional; what I'd want). Easy to install like the CDC while providing the look of the RTR.

Last edited by BKamp613; 03-09-2015 at 03:56 PM.
BKamp613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #469
billyb_at_borla
Sponsor

Vehicle: 1971 Mercury Cougar

can't go wrong with an exhaust system as a first upgrade. Borla catbacks and rear sections are made of the best quality T304 austenitic stainless steel and comes with a million mile warranty - check out the sounds of Borla here!
billyb_at_borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #470
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, GT Conv

I remember this being discussed earlier in the thread and found a pre-order link on AM.

2005-2009 RAXIOM NAV

Do you know if this will plug and play with the Shaker 500/1000 systems?
Old 03-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #471
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGUYnAR View Post
I remember this being discussed earlier in the thread and found a pre-order link on AM.

2005-2009 RAXIOM NAV

God I wish that would fit in my 2014 non-sync car!!!!! I'd grab that up!
-Mods:Window Tint, MMD Hood Struts, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace with GT Badging, Eibach Sportline Springs, SR Performance Short Throw Shifter, SVE Shift ****, Matte Black Fender Hashes, Matte Black 5.0 Emblems, FRPP GT500 Axle-back Exhaust minus resonators, Boss 302 Coil Covers, Boss 302 Wheels, AntennaX Antenna, Sound Tube Delete, Roush Front Splitter, FRPP TracKey
Old 03-13-2015, 01:22 PM   #472
AMAlexLazarus
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGUYnAR View Post

2005-2009 RAXIOM NAV

Hey BlindGuy - That shouldn't be an issue at all! Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKer View Post
God I wish that would fit in my 2014 non-sync car!!!!! I'd grab that up!
GLOCKer - Have you seen our Raxiom OE Style Nav for the Non-Sync Cars??

Let me know if you have any questions!

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #473
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Hey BlindGuy - That shouldn't be an issue at all! Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

GLOCKer - Have you seen our Raxiom OE Style Nav for the Non-Sync Cars??

Let me know if you have any questions!

Alex
I've seen it Alex, but it doesn't do anything for me that I don't already have in my car. Granted, My Garmin is in the glove box and not integrated in the dash. I would love satellite radio and Bluetooth capability with that Nav unit but it's my understanding the Raxiom kit for my year car just doesn't do it. If the Raxiom kit did all of that for my non-sync car, I'd guarantee you it's what I'd be getting for Christmas this year!
-Mods:Window Tint, MMD Hood Struts, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace with GT Badging, Eibach Sportline Springs, SR Performance Short Throw Shifter, SVE Shift ****, Matte Black Fender Hashes, Matte Black 5.0 Emblems, FRPP GT500 Axle-back Exhaust minus resonators, Boss 302 Coil Covers, Boss 302 Wheels, AntennaX Antenna, Sound Tube Delete, Roush Front Splitter, FRPP TracKey
Old 03-13-2015, 02:37 PM   #474
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009, Ford, Mustang

Quote:

Alex
I added Sync to my 2009 Shaker500. would that be an issue with this?

2009 V6 Premium
AM 8 inch Shorty Antenna - AM Sequential Tail Lights - AM GT Style Grille - AM CS Side Scoops - AM Third Brake Chrome Trim - CS6/Terlingua Style Hood - Hood Struts - Chin Spoiler - Parchment Leather Seats - 35% Window Tint - Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace - CS69 Wheels - SHR flush mount Quarter Window Louvers
teepee542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #475
TJMeyer
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Hey Alex, this isn't exactly a mod request, but if you talk with any of your apparel suppliers, I have been trying to find a baseball hat with just the GT logo in S197 script forever! I would buy this in multiple colors if available and I cant be the only one!
Old 03-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #476
proeagles

Vehicle: 2015 GT 5.0

I have always been a big fan of the billet aluminum grill, both polished and black, like Shelby installed on the 2007+ Mustangs for the 2015 Mustang. With the fog lights in the air dam, that would make a nice install and not lose the fog lamps.
proeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #477
AMAlexLazarus
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKer View Post
I've seen it Alex, but it doesn't do anything for me that I don't already have in my car. Granted, My Garmin is in the glove box and not integrated in the dash. I would love satellite radio and Bluetooth capability with that Nav unit but it's my understanding the Raxiom kit for my year car just doesn't do it. If the Raxiom kit did all of that for my non-sync car, I'd guarantee you it's what I'd be getting for Christmas this year!
GLOCK - Ahh, You know what you definitely asked me this before, that's my fault sorry about that! My hopes are that in time it's going to be able to be compatible like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teepee542 View Post
I added Sync to my 2009 Shaker500. would that be an issue with this?
TP - That shouldn't be an issue at all! Let us know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMeyer View Post
Hey Alex, this isn't exactly a mod request, but if you talk with any of your apparel suppliers, I have been trying to find a baseball hat with just the GT logo in S197 script forever! I would buy this in multiple colors if available and I cant be the only one!
TJMeyer - No problem! It's a suggestion thread - That's a tough one and there might be a licensing issue with the script/font there. As much as it pains me to say it but have you taken a look on eBay by chance? I know there's a bunch of guys on there that are printing stuff like this. Above all if you get the exact font/script and look for a printer locally they shouldn't have trouble having something made for you like this. Sorry I wasn't much help there I just wanted to be as straight forward as possible!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by proeagles View Post
I have always been a big fan of the billet aluminum grill, both polished and black, like Shelby installed on the 2007+ Mustangs for the 2015 Mustang. With the fog lights in the air dam, that would make a nice install and not lose the fog lamps.
Hey proeagles - That's a good one! I know exactly how you mean and I'll make sure to get that added onto our list but I think something like this could potentially be in the pipeline as we speak!

Thanks a lot for the recommendations guys, we really appreciate it! I can't stress it enough that because of your feedback I'm able to get things done here!

Let me know if anyone has any questions at all and I'm here to help and thanks again!

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:08 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement