AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

No suggestions but AM rocks!

Last edited by StangingAround; 01-17-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:20 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2009 Eleanor
Maybe you could get with department of boost (DoB) and put together some complete install kits w/o the manifold. I think that would be pretty cool because those seem to be the most affordable blower setups for us 4.6 guys.
Just an idea...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but its never going to happen.

The reason the kit is cheap is because you get 90% of the stuff used. To put a kit together with new pieces it'll be WAY over the normal DOB price, and AM certainly isn't going to scrounge around finding used parts to put a kit together. And there are SO many variables for parts it would be silly to make a "Kit".

If you want a complete DOB kit, check out the DOB forum.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

More paintable parts and more interior upgrades for s197
Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bakerjd
I've been waiting for some time for that hood! Periodically I'll check the new products available and see what you guys have recently added and to my surprise, the 4" cowl is now available! I will certainly be purchasing this down the road.
I see you mentioned it a while ago. Since you've mentioned it I added it to my product suggestions list and we ended up bringing it in. I just feel bad I forgot to post up and let you know it came in to our inventory! Sorry!

Shane

Originally Posted by darkshadow03gt
Just saw this.. The company name is "Stainless Steel Systems" (SSS).
Oh okay, sorry for missing that. I'm not as familiar with SSS as I am with Kooks, ARH, StainlessWorks, MAC, etc. Is there any reason the SSS systems are more desirable then the Kooks systems we have available? Just looking for more feedback. Thanks!

Shane

Originally Posted by Rolling13
(Mean Grille) Something similar to the GT500 open Snake Grille or the Roush High Flow Lower Grille. I believe that it would sell very well.
We currently have a 2013 GT500 styled upper grille from CDC, so it would be really cool to get the lower grille available too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane

Originally Posted by ZackBallard3
Not sure if anyone posted this yet but pre-painted rocker panels for 05-09 would be awesome.
Wrote this one down! Are there any other 05-09 rocker panels you were looking at, aside from the ones we already carry?

Shane

Originally Posted by Lokota
More paintable parts and more interior upgrades for s197
Which parts would you like to see pre-painted? Can you give me some specific items? Also, what kind of interior upgrades are you looking for?

Shane
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
I see you mentioned it a while ago. Since you've mentioned it I added it to my product suggestions list and we ended up bringing it in. I just feel bad I forgot to post up and let you know it came in to our inventory! Sorry!

Shane

Oh okay, sorry for missing that. I'm not as familiar with SSS as I am with Kooks, ARH, StainlessWorks, MAC, etc. Is there any reason the SSS systems are more desirable then the Kooks systems we have available? Just looking for more feedback. Thanks!

Shane

We currently have a 2013 GT500 styled upper grille from CDC, so it would be really cool to get the lower grille available too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane

Wrote this one down! Are there any other 05-09 rocker panels you were looking at, aside from the ones we already carry?

Shane

Which parts would you like to see pre-painted? Can you give me some specific items? Also, what kind of interior upgrades are you looking for?

Shane
http://www.americanmuscle.com/flush-...dow-vents.html

Those mainly and for interior I'd like to see more real carbon fiber stuff instread of that stick on discolored stuff
Old 01-19-2013, 05:10 PM
obokky

I have one new update!

I know nobody asked for it on this thread, but I've had a lot of members coming to me with interest in the new Diablosport InTune. Good news! We'll have the InTune available on our site at the end of this month. Also, if you already have the InTune and are interested in enrollment to our Free Tunes for Life program, that will also be available at the end of this month!

Shane
Awesome news, Shane! I've only had my car for five weeks, but I'm ready to pull the trigger on a CAI and InTune. My wife doesn't understand why I need to buy stuff for a brand new car, so I've got to figure out how to pull it off. I'll have to hit you up for the MF'er code...
Old 01-19-2013, 05:19 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Shane
No worries! You're doing a great job. I appreciate you bringing that up. I was going to buy it one way or another and I'd rather purchase through AM because I know I'll be taken care of in the event of an issue. Thanks again man!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Hey everyone,

I'm still looking for new ideas & suggestions. All suggestions will be considered so keep 'em coming!

Shane

Originally Posted by Lokota
http://www.americanmuscle.com/flush-...dow-vents.html

Those mainly and for interior I'd like to see more real carbon fiber stuff instread of that stick on discolored stuff
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll see what I can do, especially about the pre-painted louvers!

Shane

Originally Posted by obokky
Awesome news, Shane! I've only had my car for five weeks, but I'm ready to pull the trigger on a CAI and InTune. My wife doesn't understand why I need to buy stuff for a brand new car, so I've got to figure out how to pull it off. I'll have to hit you up for the MF'er code...
We have a LOT of customer interested in the InTune with Bama custom tunes, so we had to do something! I'm glad you're interested in a Bama custom tune already for your '13, it's gonna be an animal on the street!

Also, I just wanted you to know we do have a MF discount code for active forum members. However, we require a 50+ post count for active members to help build the Mustang community and forum. So, feel free to him me up via PM once you've hit 50 posts!

Shane

No worries! You're doing a great job. I appreciate you bringing that up. I was going to buy it one way or another and I'd rather purchase through AM because I know I'll be taken care of in the event of an issue. Thanks again man!
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad we can help you out with this wicked 4" cowl hood. Let me know if there's anything else you can think of!

Shane
Old 01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

DSS Driveshafts!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

DSS Driveshafts!
Any reason you prefer DSS over our current brand, The Axle Exchange? We've gone deep into the 10's this our current aluminum 1piece driveshafts with no problems. Our 2011 GT auto even cut a 1.49 60'!

Shane

Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?