AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Old 07-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

American Muscle, I'm not speaking to you until you bring in 4.0 SOHC Plenums for the V6 crowd! Haha.

You guys could do a limited run to test 'em out. I'm sure MMD or Stack Racing wouldn't mind if you guys requested it!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:03 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WildHorses67
definitely need some more carbon fiber stuff, basically anything from here: http://www.trucarbon.net/category_s/34.htm

if yall carried trubcarbon stuff, I would consider the carbon fiber chin spoiler, side skirts and splash guards they offer for the 05-09 since they fit the GT500's
Since we do already carry Trufiber products, I'm sure it won't be a stretch to get some of their Carbon Fiber parts in. I do like the way the front splitter and side skirts look in carbon.

Great suggestion!

Shane

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Budget forged short blocks and street/strip head applications for the 5.0

At least budget I beam rods and forged crank, dish top pistons with a fat ring gap...

does not need to be an aluminum block, just something that handles 800hp and pump gas.
Hmm, what about a stock Boss 302 short block? You would need pump gas and methanol injection to hit 800rwhp, but you could do 700rwhp with just pump. In fact one of our employees used to have a 2012 Boss with a 2.9 Whipple that made 720rwhp on strictly 93octane pump gas.

Shane

Originally Posted by mariusvt
For me personally as a guy that drives my mustang in all 4 seasons, I'd love to see you guys stocking another all season tire. I've had the Pirelis on a another car, I would say they were fine in the dry, but ok at best in anything else. It would be awesome if you guys could offer something like the General G-Max as03 or since you already carry Nitto, add the motivo's as a choice to be part of your wheel & tire packages.

I'm dying to add a set of the AMR charcoals to my ride, but the tire selection is a major hang up for me.
I understand. I'll have my Wheels and Tire guy take a look at other brands and see what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane

Originally Posted by Andrew Christian
American Muscle, I'm not speaking to you until you bring in 4.0 SOHC Plenums for the V6 crowd! Haha.

You guys could do a limited run to test 'em out. I'm sure MMD or Stack Racing wouldn't mind if you guys requested it!
Andrew,

You're referring to a 4.0 intake plenum for performance, not a 4.0 plenum cover, correct? I know we've had the 4.0 plenum cover requested a few times in the past, which I did add to my list. I just wanted to clarify, that's all.

Shane
Old 07-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Andrew,

You're referring to a 4.0 intake plenum for performance, not a 4.0 plenum cover, correct? I know we've had the 4.0 plenum cover requested a few times in the past, which I did add to my list. I just wanted to clarify, that's all.

Shane
A functioning plenum replacement would be awesome, but I was speaking more about an engine dress-up. Something to jazz put the engine bay of the 4.0L Mustangs. I'm a huge fan of the Coyote inspired plenum "open runner" design. That piece for a 4.0L would sell faster than hotcakes.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/46-ple...er-0510gt.html

I think us 4L guys just want our engines to look good too!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:31 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Andrew Christian
A functioning plenum replacement would be awesome, but I was speaking more about an engine dress-up. Something to jazz put the engine bay of the 4.0L Mustangs. I'm a huge fan of the Coyote inspired plenum "open runner" design. That piece for a 4.0L would sell faster than hotcakes.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/46-ple...er-0510gt.html

I think us 4L guys just want our engines to look good too!
Okay cool, good thing I checked. I'll remind the New Product Team about this suggestion and see if we can move forward with it.

Thanks again and keep up with the good suggestions!

Shane
Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Okay cool, good thing I checked. I'll remind the New Product Team about this suggestion and see if we can move forward with it.

Thanks again and keep up with the good suggestions!

Shane
Just to second Andrew's suggestion, There is a LOT of pent up demand for 4.0 plenum covers since the previous sole manufacturer folded (and their's sold well when it was available despite not being overly pretty)

And let's face it, the 4.0L plenum is just plain ugly. It was done by engineers strictly for function, and clearly no styling designer even glanced at it.

I think this would be a *BIG* hit if MMD cranked one out.

I sometimes suggest my personal plenum cover solution in threads looking for these that frequently pop up, but not everyone wants to spend $4K+ on a "plenum cover"

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 07-10-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Just to second Andrew's suggestion, There is a LOT of pent up demand for 4.0 plenum covers since the previous sole manufacturer folded (and their's sold well when it was available despite not being overly pretty)

And let's face it, the 4.0L plenum is just plain ugly. It was done by engineers strictly for function, and clearly no styling designer even glanced at it.

I think this would be a *BIG* hit if MMD cranked one out.

I sometimes suggest my personal plenum cover solution in threads looking for these that frequently pop up, but not everyone wants to spend $4K+ on a "plenum cover"
I agree, I do hear suggestions for 4.0 plenum covers too often for us to not take action. I'm hoping we we'll get out a design and start making some ASAP. However, even if we start today, it will be a few months before anything hits the site, unfortunately.

Until then, I'm a big fan of your plenum cover idea! Idk what people don't want to dish out 4k or such a nice looking cover. Especially when it makes a little noise lol.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always appreciated!

Shane
Old 07-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

I was reading up on your 99-04 LED tail lights and how they don't work with your sequential lights. I think you guys should pick some of these up. It's already smoked as well. I like the look of the ones that you guys are already carrying but the white outline around it really sticks out and it kind of ruins the sleek look of it and makes it look a bit cheap.

http://www.dashzracing.com/99-04-for...led-style.html
Old 07-19-2013, 10:40 PM
98LaserRedGT
1st Gear Member

Billet Aluminum Eleanor style grille! PLEASE take my money for this!!!

Also, a carbon fiber version of this:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-bla...anel-0509.html

Last edited by 98LaserRedGT; 07-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:36 AM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

i just found this thread and there is 28 pages. i can't read through all of that hahaha. so hopefully my two suggestions aren't repeats (and if they are, then the idea must be popular!).

first, more variety for the 10-12 V6 front bumper cover replacement and/or grill replacement options. right now there's only like 2 options i think. and i'm not a big fan of the current grill covers.

second, i'd love to see the MGW short throw shifter in the AM arsenal. when i was looking at the hurst shifter i also found the MGW and was just blown away.

as always, these are products that are out there in other places, but those places don't have the trust and faith that i have in AM.com.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 PM
steev
2nd Gear Member

I agree, I do hear suggestions for 4.0 plenum covers too often for us to not take action. I'm hoping we we'll get out a design and start making some ASAP. However, even if we start today, it will be a few months before anything hits the site, unfortunately.

Until then, I'm a big fan of your plenum cover idea! Idk what people don't want to dish out 4k or such a nice looking cover. Especially when it makes a little noise lol.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always appreciated!

Shane
Just make sure it doesn't look like a big rectangular piece of plastic. The main reason I don't mind the V6's bay is because there is barely any tacky plastic in there.

A few things I'd like though:

-Wheel well and scuttle panel fasteners (the previous owner lost half of those fasteners), I tried finding them in an Autozone and they barely had any. Plus I'd much rather support you guys than my local autozone with random dudes offering to 'restore my headlights' for $40.
-I like the sound of a flat carbon fibre decklid cover, perhaps to delete the faux gas cap. or
-A faux gas cap that matches the brushed aluminum fuel doors you sell. There are chrome and black ones, but I'd rather it matched.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?