AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GhostStrykre
as always, these are products that are out there in other places, but those places don't have the trust and faith that i have in AM.com.
I agree with this statement.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:21 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Subbz
I was reading up on your 99-04 LED tail lights and how they don't work with your sequential lights. I think you guys should pick some of these up. It's already smoked as well. I like the look of the ones that you guys are already carrying but the white outline around it really sticks out and it kind of ruins the sleek look of it and makes it look a bit cheap.

http://www.dashzracing.com/99-04-for...led-style.html
Originally Posted by 98LaserRedGT
Billet Aluminum Eleanor style grille! PLEASE take my money for this!!!

Also, a carbon fiber version of this:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-bla...anel-0509.html
Originally Posted by steev
Just make sure it doesn't look like a big rectangular piece of plastic. The main reason I don't mind the V6's bay is because there is barely any tacky plastic in there.

A few things I'd like though:

-Wheel well and scuttle panel fasteners (the previous owner lost half of those fasteners), I tried finding them in an Autozone and they barely had any. Plus I'd much rather support you guys than my local autozone with random dudes offering to 'restore my headlights' for $40.
-I like the sound of a flat carbon fibre decklid cover, perhaps to delete the faux gas cap. or
-A faux gas cap that matches the brushed aluminum fuel doors you sell. There are chrome and black ones, but I'd rather it matched.
Good stuff! Thanks guys, consider it noted! All of these were just the type of suggestions I was looking for.

Shane

Originally Posted by GhostStrykre
i just found this thread and there is 28 pages. i can't read through all of that hahaha. so hopefully my two suggestions aren't repeats (and if they are, then the idea must be popular!).

first, more variety for the 10-12 V6 front bumper cover replacement and/or grill replacement options. right now there's only like 2 options i think. and i'm not a big fan of the current grill covers.

second, i'd love to see the MGW short throw shifter in the AM arsenal. when i was looking at the hurst shifter i also found the MGW and was just blown away.

as always, these are products that are out there in other places, but those places don't have the trust and faith that i have in AM.com.
Thanks for your feedback! Both of these suggestions are good, I just wanted to note one thing. The MGW shifters are not available to any dealers. All MGW products are sold right at the manufacturer. However, I will agree they make a great product!

Shane
Old 07-24-2013, 02:42 AM
emin
2nd Gear Member

Ditto on more 10-12 v6 grille options. Would love to see something with fogs
Old 08-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

I just wanted to say again maybe some more resto parts for the interior especially air vents. That'd make my day! Also on y'all's project blackout car... I want that windshield banner! I love the colors! I have the white one and love rep am but I'd love to show off y'all's true colors. I'd pay a little more for that!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:42 AM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

Both minor things, but I wish you guys had a black version of the shorty antenna and some sort of trunk lighting upgrade for the '10-'14.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:38 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

More interior resto products for like the S197. The Ford factory parts are getting harder to find all of the time (like try finding a leather wrap steering wheel!).
Old 08-06-2013, 01:37 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Grilles, black antenna, resto parts, black antenna, and trunk lights, all written down! Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm really happy with have active this thread has been since it first started. You guys have helped us bring in a lot of new parts.

Keep the ideas coming!

Shane
Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Do a test:

Boss 302 Chain Tensioners, Phaser Ring and stronger Valve Springs, which you sell for about $300 bucks. Together with a Boss intake and 93 Tune, what would this do?

Will this package make a Coyote fly? or Blow-up. Because the tune and intake alone just rev's the Coyote to dangerous levels, but will the other three items at least make the engine safe at a sane level. Say instead of 6,500 rpm a 7000 rpm would be safe and still under 7500/7800 rpm for a Road Runner engine.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Riceeater33
1st Gear Member

More OE stuff, I would like the option of the OE GT500 spoiler W/ gurney flap. Of course the 2013-14 tails for the cars that dont have them!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
Do a test:

Boss 302 Chain Tensioners, Phaser Ring and stronger Valve Springs, which you sell for about $300 bucks. Together with a Boss intake and 93 Tune, what would this do?

Will this package make a Coyote fly? or Blow-up. Because the tune and intake alone just rev's the Coyote to dangerous levels, but will the other three items at least make the engine safe at a sane level. Say instead of 6,500 rpm a 7000 rpm would be safe and still under 7500/7800 rpm for a Road Runner engine.
Adding these Boss valvetrain components to your 11+ GT will allow it to rev higher for a longer period of time. However, if the engine makes peak power at 6,800rpm, there's no reason to rev much higher than 7,000-7,100rpm. We sell these components for GT Mustangs that upgrade to the Boss intake manifold and aftermarket camshafts where higher rpm rev'ing will show more power. With the Boss manifold alone, the stock GT valvetrain can handle 7,300-7,500rpm, so there's no need to upgrade unless the car is tracked for long periods of time (road race).

Hope this helps clear things up!

Shane

Originally Posted by Riceeater33
More OE stuff, I would like the option of the OE GT500 spoiler W/ gurney flap. Of course the 2013-14 tails for the cars that dont have them!
Good point, I've seen a few other members request a gurney flap with our OE GT500 spoiler too. I'll definitely mention this to my New Products Team!

Shane

Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?