AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Old 09-05-2013, 02:57 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by brianong18
I don't know many companys for the domestic crowd. I just recently picked up my GT. I'm more of an import guy. Just branching out some. Just something that won't break the bank but fits well.
Does anybody make an anodized aluminum radiator top plate to replace the ugly hunk of plastic there now?
There's a few good brands that make a quality exhaust for a more affordable price. I'll Talk to Magnaflow, Pypes, MAC, & BBK to see what they think. I'm sure we'll be able to get something started!

Mishimoto makes a very cool radiator cap actually. It's a chrome piece that has a functioning thermostat gauge on the top. It comes in handy when you've ran the car recently and are worried about too much pressure in the system to open the radiator cap. This gauge takes how the risk and guess work, plus looks much nicer than the OEM cap.

Let me know what you think!

Shane
Old 09-05-2013, 03:13 PM
brianong18

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
There's a few good brands that make a quality exhaust for a more affordable price. I'll Talk to Magnaflow, Pypes, MAC, & BBK to see what they think. I'm sure we'll be able to get something started!

Mishimoto makes a very cool radiator cap actually. It's a chrome piece that has a functioning thermostat gauge on the top. It comes in handy when you've ran the car recently and are worried about too much pressure in the system to open the radiator cap. This gauge takes how the risk and guess work, plus looks much nicer than the OEM cap.

Let me know what you think!

Shane
Sorry i wasn't too clear. Don't really know what it's called but i was thinking of replacing the plastic cover plate thing in the engine bay closest to you when you pop the hood. It's where the hood latch sticks out off and the hood "bumpers".
Old 09-07-2013, 01:04 PM
brianong18

I keep finding stuff I want. I was looking at the the E Style 3D Carbon grille but wasn't too keen on the placement of the foglights. I wanted something that looks like that grille that repalces the pony but keeps the foglights in the same position.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Noctaire

I'd like to see some new mods for my '02 GT Convertible. I have a bunch on my wish list that I will be doing over the winter, but something new and different would be nice, especially in the appearance zone to help it stand out. I need some quality sun visor replacements, a center console cover with lock would be amazing, some other decals would be great (such as the "C" stripe, something for the driver/rear/quarter panel, body-length striping, etc), I'd like to see something to replace the quarter marker light rather than only being able to apply tint film, replacement inside mirrors.... It would be really neat if there were some way to custom design decals and buy them.

I'd also like to see more videos for the 99-04 series. You guys did a project car but ran it differently than the more recent project cars; there weren't as many specs and results posted. Some more how-to videos of a more general nature too; I like AM to be my one stop shop for Mustang information.

Last edited by Noctaire; 09-08-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM
amvaughn

Default Head Work!!!

I don't know if you guys are setup for it or not but i'd love to see you guys do ("Send us your heads and we will port, polish,valve job, install springs, CAMS and degree those puppies and send them back") I'm sure your neighborhood Head shops would hate that but people could say "I've got a set of AM heads!' I don't know about anyone else but TF Heads are too costly. I'm a save up a month a buy kind of guy and I'd like to pick up a set of heads on Ebay and get some work done on those. You could even have a core savings on returns etc. Basically I will need to find someone local as MHS thinks their work is worth millions and impossible for others.

Hell maybe I need to do some research and see what I can do to start that business. I got everything else.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 AM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

I still think you need to put in a wet bar with some dancing girls...
Old 09-25-2013, 03:23 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Sorry i wasn't too clear. Don't really know what it's called but i was thinking of replacing the plastic cover plate thing in the engine bay closest to you when you pop the hood. It's where the hood latch sticks out off and the hood "bumpers".
That was my fault for misunderstanding. Sorry about that! I know exactly what you mean now. I'll certainly look into it!

Shane

I keep finding stuff I want. I was looking at the the E Style 3D Carbon grille but wasn't too keen on the placement of the foglights. I wanted something that looks like that grille that repalces the pony but keeps the foglights in the same position.
They have a lot of good stuff! Maybe we could come up with another mold with the fog lights in the same position, like you mentioned. Could be cool for sure.

Shane

Originally Posted by Noctaire
I'd like to see some new mods for my '02 GT Convertible. I have a bunch on my wish list that I will be doing over the winter, but something new and different would be nice, especially in the appearance zone to help it stand out. I need some quality sun visor replacements, a center console cover with lock would be amazing, some other decals would be great (such as the "C" stripe, something for the driver/rear/quarter panel, body-length striping, etc), I'd like to see something to replace the quarter marker light rather than only being able to apply tint film, replacement inside mirrors.... It would be really neat if there were some way to custom design decals and buy them.

I'd also like to see more videos for the 99-04 series. You guys did a project car but ran it differently than the more recent project cars; there weren't as many specs and results posted. Some more how-to videos of a more general nature too; I like AM to be my one stop shop for Mustang information.
hat's exactly what we want to be- a one stop shop for Mustang owners. I think you made some good points, especially the overall custom work feedback. I like it!

Shane

Originally Posted by amvaughn
I don't know if you guys are setup for it or not but i'd love to see you guys do ("Send us your heads and we will port, polish,valve job, install springs, CAMS and degree those puppies and send them back") I'm sure your neighborhood Head shops would hate that but people could say "I've got a set of AM heads!' I don't know about anyone else but TF Heads are too costly. I'm a save up a month a buy kind of guy and I'd like to pick up a set of heads on Ebay and get some work done on those. You could even have a core savings on returns etc. Basically I will need to find someone local as MHS thinks their work is worth millions and impossible for others.

Hell maybe I need to do some research and see what I can do to start that business. I got everything else.
Now this is a new idea. I haven't thought about having our own ported heads yet. We could work closely with a reputable machine shop that has the equipment and can port heads to our specs. Then have core charges or returns, like you said. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane
Old 09-28-2013, 09:42 AM
TJMeyer
1st Gear Member

Have you guys ever thought of extending your pre painted parts to stock offerings like bumper covers or hoods?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:06 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TJMeyer
Have you guys ever thought of extending your pre painted parts to stock offerings like bumper covers or hoods?
Are you referring to painting brand new OEM bumper covers and hoods or having our customers send in their OEM bumpers and hoods to be painted?

Providing Pre-Painted brand new OEM bumper covers and hoods is definitely a possibility. It could be a great option for anyone who was in a "fender bender" and doesn't want to go through insurance.

Great suggestion!

Shane
Old 10-02-2013, 10:15 AM
TJMeyer
1st Gear Member

I was referiing to OEM replacements pre painted. MAybe even a special order item?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?