AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 10:44 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by M3DWARDS
When it comes to 2010 v6 Mustangs, it would be nice to see:

2013-style tails (sorry to reiterate everyone)
More (and possibly cheaper) dual exhaust conversion options
GT-style bumper (maybe even make a combo package with grille)
Grilles that can replace those with pony package grilles
Sound upgrade options (i.e. speaker replacements, sub boxes made for trunk, etc)

And an idea that would be sweet that isn't necessarily a product is a product configurator. It could work along the lines of TSW or TireRack's wheel configurator on their website. Customers browsing the site can click on a certain appearance mod and then click on the configurator button (something like: See This On Your Car!) and choose their model and color of car to see what the product would look like on their car. It would be a good source of reference for someone who wants to know how their car will look if the pictures provided by customers do not match their car.
M3DWARDS,

Lots of good suggestions and feedback here. Thank you!

I do have one question- What other exhaust options would you like to see for the 05-10 v6? Is there any particular brands your prefer, style mufflers, etc?

Shane

Originally Posted by CPTCO
I would really love to see you guys carry prepainted window louvers.
CPTCO,

We have tons of Pre-Painted louvers and other parts available. Follow this link to check it out!

Let me know if you see anything we're missing!

Shane

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Hey Shane

I wanted to post this for my friend. He owns a 95 v6 and would love to see many more parts for his car mainly i think for basic engine parts/upgrade parts. He feels the 94-95 v6 dont get much love :/
Is there any particular parts your friend is looking for? I know we do have a few CAI's and other bolt-on upgrades for the 94-98 v6 Mustangs!

Shane
Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Not sure how often you guys get this question, but thought I would add it in here.

Will you guys ever get parts for older Mustangs? 64.5-78? I wouldn't mind doing business with you guys should I ever buy a project car.

Also, how are we looking on those 4.0 cams? Would love to be a test mule for that.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:02 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2007StangV6
Not sure how often you guys get this question, but thought I would add it in here.

Will you guys ever get parts for older Mustangs? 64.5-78? I wouldn't mind doing business with you guys should I ever buy a project car.

Also, how are we looking on those 4.0 cams? Would love to be a test mule for that.
I'm not sure if we'll ever carry parts for the 64.5-78 Mustangs. There's so many changes across those years, it will take quite some time to catch up on parts. I'm not saying it's impossible, just not a quick move!

I sent the requests in for cams the other week. Something may turn up down the road, but it will certainly be a few months if anything hits the site.

Thanks for your interest!

Shane
Old 11-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Johnny Shredz

a more variety of wheel choices.. maybe stuff that fits our cars that isnt solely for mustangs. Also bring the Saleen grill back..
Old 11-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Johnny Shredz

oh and bring back the Race star dark stars! Ill buy now if you had them
Old 11-19-2013, 07:28 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

CPTCO,

We have tons of Pre-Painted louvers and other parts available. Follow this link to check it out!

Let me know if you see anything we're missing!

Shane
My bad, I meant the rear window louvers, these:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-re...uver-0514.html
Old 11-20-2013, 12:46 PM
M3DWARDS

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
M3DWARDS,

Lots of good suggestions and feedback here. Thank you!

I do have one question- What other exhaust options would you like to see for the 05-10 v6? Is there any particular brands your prefer, style mufflers, etc?

Shane
Well you guys obviously have Pypes, Flowmaster, and Ford Racing, but it would be nice to see Borla or even Magnaflow, and not just dual exit but quadruple like on the Magnaflow street catback or Borla ATAK.

Another idea i was thinking was maybe to supply various exhaust parts. For example, I have a 2010 v6 with the single exhaust. I could have picked up a pair of Magnaflow street catback exhausts from a friend then an x-pipe online, yet i would still need a mid-pipe for the left side, and ultimately another one for the right to balance out the flow. I know someone could easily go to a local auto shop and pick it up but having an option like that in your store could really bring a lot to the table for people looking to get the dual setup (or other setups) at a cheaper cost by picking up bits and pieces than laying down $400+ for the full thing.

I also think more longtube header options would be a good idea (in which case, shorty x-pipes will be needed for 6'ers) and maybe even some engine dress up kits for us 6'ers? I see a lot of pretty looking GT's and other 8's but us with the v6 are pretty much just limited to scattered chrome caps.

Ultimately, cheaper options to getting a better sounding exhaust for 6'ers would be nice. Being a college student, i don't necessarily have $500 to drop on an exhaust and no one is really willing to get that for me as a christmas present.

Hope this helps and thanks for reading!

Last edited by M3DWARDS; 11-20-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:54 PM
em27blacktop

Replacement specialty emblems.

After having 1 of my Saleen '281' fender emblems fall off, I had to go on eBay and get one..for 60 dollars.

Its a 2 inch piece of plastic, unless it's plated with gold I don't understand how it costs that much to make.

Also, I've been DESPERATE to get one of the SCT-4 Bank Cigarette Plates..I love the chip but can't stand how you sell a performance chip with a ****-selector that is just dangling on the end of a cord...gotta be a better solution: there was it's just not available anymore

Oh...and how about them 99-04 GEN5 lights...

Last edited by em27blacktop; 11-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:31 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Johnny Shredz
a more variety of wheel choices.. maybe stuff that fits our cars that isnt solely for mustangs. Also bring the Saleen grill back..
Originally Posted by Johnny Shredz
oh and bring back the Race star dark stars! Ill buy now if you had them
Any particular wheel brands or styles you're looking for? Pictures would be helpful too.

We still have the RaceStar Dark Stars! For some time we were switching out the uni-lug for the direct drill, as RaceStar discontinued the uni-lug. Almost all the sizes are available now. You can check them out at this link!

Shane

Originally Posted by CPTCO
My bad, I meant the rear window louvers, these:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-re...uver-0514.html
I gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll add the Pre-Painted rear louvers to my list!

Shane

Originally Posted by M3DWARDS
Well you guys obviously have Pypes, Flowmaster, and Ford Racing, but it would be nice to see Borla or even Magnaflow, and not just dual exit but quadruple like on the Magnaflow street catback or Borla ATAK.

Another idea i was thinking was maybe to supply various exhaust parts. For example, I have a 2010 v6 with the single exhaust. I could have picked up a pair of Magnaflow street catback exhausts from a friend then an x-pipe online, yet i would still need a mid-pipe for the left side, and ultimately another one for the right to balance out the flow. I know someone could easily go to a local auto shop and pick it up but having an option like that in your store could really bring a lot to the table for people looking to get the dual setup (or other setups) at a cheaper cost by picking up bits and pieces than laying down $400+ for the full thing.

I also think more longtube header options would be a good idea (in which case, shorty x-pipes will be needed for 6'ers) and maybe even some engine dress up kits for us 6'ers? I see a lot of pretty looking GT's and other 8's but us with the v6 are pretty much just limited to scattered chrome caps.

Ultimately, cheaper options to getting a better sounding exhaust for 6'ers would be nice. Being a college student, i don't necessarily have $500 to drop on an exhaust and no one is really willing to get that for me as a christmas present.

Hope this helps and thanks for reading!
Yes! that was very helpful. Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I'll have my guys take a closer look at the exhaust section for all Gens and a much closer look at the v6 engine bay.

Thanks again!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 11-20-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 PM
DeadBob

As stated above about the shorty X-pipe for V6s (S197 05-09). Also pre-painted trim pieces for interior and under the hood, like all of the billet and chrome pieces, such as all of this http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-09-...-interior.html and these http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...ries-0510.html but well pre-painted.

Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?