AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Old 11-27-2014, 05:42 AM
alucard3600
1st Gear Member

Some more audio double den options for the 11-14 mustangs without sync would be nice. I want a decent Navigation,touchscreen unit, but I dont really want the Raxiom one.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:46 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

This! I was actually excited when I saw there was a non-sync Raxiom nav unit out that would work in my car. But then I saw it really doesn't do anything new for me that I already didn't have in my car already. .

I already have a stereo and a Garmin gps in my car. There is no need to buy a $600 stereo to do the same thing as what I already have.

Now, if I could add satellite radio to it and it had blue tooth, that would be cool.

And I'm talking integrated satellite radio that let's me control the satellite radio on the screen. I can plug a satellite radio in the aux Jack of my stock stereo, so it puts me back in the same situation. Why would I want to pay $600 to do the same things my car already does?

I understand this sounds super critical, and I wish I could make it not sound that way. I'm just hoping a cost effective integrated solution could be done up by raxiom/rosen.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:23 AM
sonic245
2nd Gear Member

I haven't looked at every suggestion, so I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned it, but I'd personally like 2013/2014 style headlights for the 2010-2012 Mustang. There are similar models, but none quite like the 2013's.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:41 PM
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

A raxiom Nav unit for 05-09 Mustangs with the base and Shaker 500/1000 units.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:04 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by The01Cav
Poly transmission mounts to go with the Prothane/stack racing engine mounts. I would love to have a nice new poly transmission mount to replace the rubber one on my 5r55.
Cav-I can definitely have this brought up-Thanks for your recommendation!

Originally Posted by BKamp613
Anyone ever suggest a pre-painted CDC decklid panel for 2010-2012 (they'd fit 13/14s too)? I'd like one for my '13 but don't like the grayish plastic look. Would prefer color-matched. (Yes I know I could buy one and have it painted, but would rather have it shipped painted)
BKamp-That's something I'm happy to have recommended to them! Thank you for your feedback!

Originally Posted by dkpGTCS
This! Same for engine dress up. Trying to find nice black pieces is a pain.

I'm talking to a guy now about powder coating my Boss 302 engine strut bar & may have some other misc pieces done at the time time - like strut caps. Also doing my OEM GT strut bar since I think I'll be able to sell that to someone pretty easy.
That sounds pretty good on my end here! I'd like to see a few more options myself!

Originally Posted by alucard3600
Some more audio double den options for the 11-14 mustangs without sync would be nice. I want a decent Navigation,touchscreen unit, but I dont really want the Raxiom one.
I'm happy to bring this up with our contact at Raxiom!

Originally Posted by sonic245
I haven't looked at every suggestion, so I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned it, but I'd personally like 2013/2014 style headlights for the 2010-2012 Mustang. There are similar models, but none quite like the 2013's.
Sonic-It's been something that we've been hearing for quite some time! I'll make sure they hear your feedback!

Originally Posted by The01Cav
A raxiom Nav unit for 05-09 Mustangs with the base and Shaker 500/1000 units.
That's a great idea and I personally would have one in my car in a heartbeat if they were to get released!

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Let me know if there's anything else you think we should be carrying!

Alex
Old 03-09-2015, 01:22 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Anyone ever suggest a pre-painted CDC decklid panel for 2010-2012 (they'd fit 13/14s too)? I'd like one for my '13 but don't like the grayish plastic look. Would prefer color-matched.

(Yes I know I could buy one and have it painted, but would rather have it shipped painted)
I'll bump this because I'm obsessed with decklids lately. Stumbled upon the TruCarbon panel that doesn't require hump removal. How about a '13-'14 non-carbon fiber panel (optional painted) that's smooth? Best of both worlds between the CDC & RTR panels...no hump cuttin' & smooth. I'm not too keen on the CDC's ribs the more I look at it.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:08 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

I'll bump this because I'm obsessed with decklids lately. Stumbled upon the TruCarbon panel that doesn't require hump removal. How about a '13-'14 non-carbon fiber panel (optional painted) that's smooth? Best of both worlds between the CDC & RTR panels...no hump cuttin' & smooth. I'm not too keen on the CDC's ribs the more I look at it.
BKamp613 That's not a bad idea at all and I think they'd do really well! Just to make sure you mean this guy below right?

If not just throw up a pic or a link for it and I'll make sure we get this added!

Alex
Old 03-09-2015, 02:51 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
BKamp613 That's not a bad idea at all and I think they'd do really well! Just to make sure you mean this guy below right? If not just throw up a pic or a link for it and I'll make sure we get this added! Alex
Exactly like your pic, with just regular old smooth plastic, matte black or body painted (optional; what I'd want). Easy to install like the CDC while providing the look of the RTR.

Last edited by BKamp613; 03-09-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:42 AM
billyb_at_borla
Former Sponsor

can't go wrong with an exhaust system as a first upgrade. Borla catbacks and rear sections are made of the best quality T304 austenitic stainless steel and comes with a million mile warranty - check out the sounds of Borla here!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:56 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

I remember this being discussed earlier in the thread and found a pre-order link on AM.

2005-2009 RAXIOM NAV

Do you know if this will plug and play with the Shaker 500/1000 systems?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?