AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Since you sell Pypes exhaust...

Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Default Since you sell Pypes exhaust...

I've done some searching for 2013 v6 exhaust and I like the sound of the Pypes bomb axle backs muffler deletes. After more searching for reviews and even the reviews on your own site say that the fit for these are bad and need serious adjusting. Also that pypes has bad CS.

I'm not an engineer and I don't claim to be one but I know what a jig is. To me it seems like it wouldn't take much effort to change things at pypes to get the pype bombs to be an easy fit for the mustang. Since they all seem to be build wrong and with the same problem. The set up must be wrong there.

As a seller of their product have you tried to talk to them about getting things set up right so they can make the right fit for our cars every time?

I know AM has a great reputation with CS but it seems if the manufacturer can't get it right before it goes in the box that that would be a major problem and be very hard to explain to your customers.

I for one WON'T be buying them until I see that changes have been made and you have happy customers.

No one wants or needs the headache of having to re-engineer something new out of the box.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Do they just not fit the stock mid pipe..??

I would think to make an aftermarket part like that would just simply require looking at the stock piece (hangers, inlet/outlets, etc) and going from there as far as a design goes.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 PM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

It's not rocket science so you would think that they could have set up the fit right at the beginning.

From the reviews it looks like the hangers on the drivers side are in the wrong spot. The tips don't center in the rear bumper right. People have had to make the mods themselves or go to an exhaust shop to get the hangers cut and welded in the right spot.

Here is the product and reviews: http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...mb-1113v6.html

Last edited by jesse1125; 02-16-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Not sure if the exhaust is that different for the 2013s (apart from hangars, and a few different bends in the pipe to account for gas tank changes, etc. but a problem a few (05-09 section) were having with pypes was their over-axle pipes. The bends in the stock pipe were much sharper than the pypes parts, and so quite a few people had problems with the pypes pipes banging against other parts of their car during travel (clearance issues).

I steered clear of their dual conversion for this reason, but from what I hear they also use much cheaper T409 steel as opposed to (for example) Borla who use 304. 409 is not good for a car daily driven in Midwestern winters as it is much more prone to oxidation, and corrosion (although I doubt rusting through is possible even with 409).

I bet Pypes probably just doesn't want to have to re-tool their facilities (and possibly have to upgrade their materials), and end up charging more for their product (a la Borla/FRPP/etc.)

Last edited by aaquib1992; 02-16-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:22 AM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Pypes sux. Imo
Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Jesse1125,

With all the parts we sell, it's quite a task to keep track of them all, to say the least. I didn't realize the fitment for the Pype-Bomb axle backs was an issue. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, though!

I just contacted my Purchaser for Pypes and forwarded him a few examples of fitment complaints. He's going to get in contact and notify them of the problem. Then we'll work with them on a solution as quickly as possible.

I'll post back when I have an update for you guys!

Shane
Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Good luck Jesse1125. AM Is known for stellar cutomer service. Pypes is not. Pypes is also not known for stellar fitment...

It's a supplier issue so while I think AM has a good chance of getting them to at least listen, I doubt they will get Pypes to change/overhaul anything.

Do a forum search for Pypes or Pypes customer service. You'll find what I mean on both counts. I can only attest to personal experience with fitment (or lack thereof) Many others can attest to the level of customer service.

I don't necessarily agree with all of the bad customer service reviews (some problems weren't even caused by Pypes) but there's enough of them out there that I have decided to steer clear of them in the future.