AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Ford Racing Open Element Breather Cap

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 01:43 AM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

Default Ford Racing Open Element Breather Cap

This one right here.

Ok, so I understand these things can help with blowby if you have a turbo

What if I just think it looks cool? This mounts to the PCV port on the passenger side valve cover, correct?

I can just cap the nipple from my Granatelli CAI and not use the breather hose at all...right?

I'm just making sure this is as easy as it looks. I'm still used to doing backflips while reciting the alphabet backwards to get a Jetta to start this past weekend...
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JFitz
This one right here.

Ok, so I understand these things can help with blowby if you have a turbo

What if I just think it looks cool? This mounts to the PCV port on the passenger side valve cover, correct?

I can just cap the nipple from my Granatelli CAI and not use the breather hose at all...right?

I'm just making sure this is as easy as it looks. I'm still used to doing backflips while reciting the alphabet backwards to get a Jetta to start this past weekend...
JFitz,

That is how you would install this breather. However, if you don't mechanically need an external breather, I suggest keeping your PCV system active. Running a breather will throw off the calibrated air in the crankcase. The engine won't run quite as accurately or clean.

Hope this helps!

Shane