AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

mods list for quaranteed low-mid 11's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default mods list for quaranteed low-mid 11's?

Bolt on's, doesn't matter the cost...

it has to be done

2013-2014 5/0. auto....
Old 07-20-2013, 03:38 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

He** I don't think it would be much to make a 5.0 run mid 11's. Might be as easy as a JLT CAI, good tune and maybe some slicks. Could be more but not much more..
Old 07-20-2013, 04:01 AM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

I would guess isn't hard to hit low 11's unless your racing in like Colorado lol

alot of guys bone stock are running mid 12's with good weather and good passes
add slicks, tune, intake, O/R midpipe and axleback exhaust and I don't see why
a '13 wouldnt run in the 11's
Old 07-20-2013, 09:31 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Maybe it's just me, or I just haven't driven one myself but low-mid 11's bolt on's, NA, auto without a power adder really blows my mind lol

Kinda hesitant to go RWD again up here ever since converting to AWD for the last two years, but if I do .. it reaaaaaaally has to be worth it

I have owned fast boosted cars before, but never such a powerful NA car. I just don't want to make a mistake if it turned out to be too good to be true.

I was also considering either a 2013 or new 2014 WRX STi.. definitely not as fast as a tuned 5.0, but it is AWD and a lot of fun to drive. Mid 12' at best with a COBB stage II upgrade. I guess I have to decided where I am able to sacrifice..
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Tires will be probably the biggest variable and determining factor to having NA Auto 5.0 running in the 11's well that and your 60' times, I can't seen to crack 2.1s 60' on stock tires although I am a manual not an auto

Where are you located and what track are you gonna be racing at?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The track I race at is in Palmer Alaska, which is sea level but like -800 DA

I also have some MT ET Streets on 17 inch cobra rims from my 08 Supercharged Mustang GT with plenty of thread left over.

Not looking to spend more than $3k on mods if I get either a '13 or '14 GT.

I also drive year round and in winter. No joke.. 18 inches of snow during a blizzard and I am still out and about!! Did it for four years in my 08 GT, I'd be willing to do it again, but only if it was really worth it in the summer.

I been through two AWD Charger RT 5.7's, and though they were monsters in the snow, the best I could do was low 12's supercharged and that's it (low boost). It also costed a pretty penny to mod ($8K)

I am dept free and looking to start over...
Old 07-20-2013, 10:48 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Suspension (LCA's/Relo brackets, mainly)
Tires
Tune
O/R X pipe
Stall

There.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

That will do it^^^. A few minor bolt-ons and traction! I can't emphasize enough how important it is to upgrade LCA's, UCA, Panhard bar, and fit a meaty tire in the rear for your goals. You're going to need a 1.5 60' to ET real low 11's.

A torque converter will help significantly with the launch too, assuming you can hook!

Shane
Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM
billy mack
1st Gear Member

Shane, we need torque converters!!!!!!!!!!!! get some deals on them for us
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
That will do it^^^. A few minor bolt-ons and traction! I can't emphasize enough how important it is to upgrade LCA's, UCA, Panhard bar, and fit a meaty tire in the rear for your goals. You're going to need a 1.5 60' to ET real low 11's.

A torque converter will help significantly with the launch too, assuming you can hook!

Shane
I will most likely upgrade the entire suspension like you mentioned, plus also struts/springs etc. I want as much power as it can lay down at the track, but how will this perform on the street??

I am guessing the 3.15 gears are pretty decent and full out acceleration shouldn't be a problem, but even so, without the ability to toggle between the gears quickly (except for that silly button on the shifter) I can imagine the car being somewhat of a handful.

The only thing I have to compare it to is my 08 GT auto w/4.10 gears and a Vortech V3@450WHP. Now that car was scary to drive on the street at full WOT in Drive.. down right violent lol It would be calm at idle then full boost when I floor it!

I want to be able to zip around town and have fun with the new 5.0 without being worried that it'll fly off the road..

Quick Reply: mods list for quaranteed low-mid 11's?