AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

Old 10-16-2013, 10:30 PM
VCYCLENUT

hoe does the radio sound and how is the radio reception?

ive noticed on most aftermarket stuff the radio reception is horrible
Old 10-19-2013, 06:13 PM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by VCYCLENUT
hoe does the radio sound and how is the radio reception?

ive noticed on most aftermarket stuff the radio reception is horrible
This doesn't replace the radio, so I wouldn't expect a difference.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Dan you guys are making me a believer in this kit. When I first saw it I HATED it, I thought it was ugly, cheap, out of place, and not good enough for my baby but after looking at what is actually available for our cars your kit is looking sweet. Questions:
Does it display radio info like our OEM one does (Band/Artist, song title)
Does it display CD cover, artist, song info if you are listening to something with Blue Tooth?
How well does it work with USB audio input?
Could you guys do a video of the radio in use? USB in use? BT in use?

I know the video is asking alot but I kinda want to see real world audio use before I commit to buying it.

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 10-22-2013, 02:31 PM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

can this work in a none sinc mustang or only ones with sinc
Old 10-22-2013, 05:11 PM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by huntiez
can this work in a none sinc mustang or only ones with sinc
It needs Sync.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 PM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

1) Does the GPS display posted speed limits?
2) Does the radio display more info as to songs playing (Stock does not display complete song title if too long)?
3) How do you upgrade maps?
4) can you save GPS locations (such as home or wher family lives)?
Old 11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Djax

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I think you'll be able to get it done! I've never dipped into any sort of installation with wiring before this. The installation guide is extremely helpful and it's a plug and play unit. If you just follow the instructions and labels on the product I think you'll be able to get it done. Just take your time and pay close attention!

We're also here to help you and I can personally help walk you through this. Feel free to email if you have any trouble. My email goes directly to my phone so I'll get back to you ASAP!

dan[dot]bailer[at]americanmuscle[dot]com

-Dan
Hi Dan,

I purchased the product after reading your write and WOW it is incredible. The Raxiom Nav unit is worth every dollar and the install was a piece of cake; took me about 2 hours and I took my sweet, sweet time.

I do however have a question specifically to you since you did this install also. Everything works except the satellite radio; I am getting an "Antenna Fault" error when selecting SAT as my source. I am going to rip apart the dash again when I get home from work. Prior to doing so, do you recall in the Raxiom T harness if there were 2 adapters and 2 connectors into the OEM radio or 3? I plugged 2 connectors into the OEM radio from the T harness and 1 OEM connector (the ridiculously short one on the left side). Is this right? The instructions did not cover this portion very clearly.

I called AM this morning but the rep I spoke with was not familiar enough with the product to give any sound advise (check wires and make sure they are tight, ect...).

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Djax

Originally Posted by wkayl
1) Does the GPS display posted speed limits?
2) Does the radio display more info as to songs playing (Stock does not display complete song title if too long)?
3) How do you upgrade maps?
4) can you save GPS locations (such as home or wher family lives)?
1) Yes - It even yells at you if you are speeding a specific percentage over the speed limit.
1.1) Yes, that can be turned off.
2) Yes. Also, mobile applications like Pandora do display all the info in a scrolling manner if required due to length.
3) There's an SD card on the unit that you can remove, plug into your computer and update the maps. The map updates are downloadable from Naviextras.com. The updates are free on the site once your device is registered.
4) Yes, simply push "Add to Favorites."
Old 11-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Djax

Never mind - when I pulled the head unit back out, I saw that a connector came unplugged when I pushed the bezel into place originally.

Everything is working now! Great product, would definitely recommend.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Moronix
1st Gear Member

I mounted the GPS antenna under the dash completely out of sight. Since the Dash is not metal it works fine and saves a lot of work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)