AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

Old 10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Default Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

A little over a month ago at the 5th annual AmericanMuscle Mustang show I very quietly leaked evidence that Raxiom would be coming out with a Navigation system for 10-14 Mustangs! As shown in the photo below, AM raffled off the first Navigation system they had from Raxiom at AM2013.

I personally own a fully loaded 2011 GT with the Performance package and Brembo brakes. However, the one option I didn't go with when ordering my car was Navigation, it was a $2,300 option from the factory! As soon as I found out that AmericanMuscle would be working with Raxiom to build a top of the line navigation, I just had to have it. This system features a back up camera, satellite radio and still takes full advantage of the sync system. Now if that wasn't enough, this Navigation notifies you when red light cameras and speed traps are ahead, that's a beautiful thing for led foot Mustang owners like myself!

Raxiom's Navigation System uses iGO Primo 2.0 software that includes Text-To-Speech, voice and visual turn-by-turn on screen 2D, 3D, and Green routing directions, as well as 3D building views for major cities. The Raxiom 7” HD full color touch-screen LCD will display SYNC radio and other SYNC controlled functions in a much higher resolution than the standard 2-line factory display and features an auto dimming mode with manual dimmer control. The included full color rear back-up camera has a built in "Instant on" feature. Were it comes on the screen the moment you select reverse. It supports 5 different languages, and retains all Bluetooth, and usb connections. The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation System with Back-up Camera fits 2010 to 2014 Mustangs equipped with "SYNC", including V6, GT, BOSS and Shelby GT500 models.

I had the pleasure of installing the Raxiom Navigation in my 2011 GT over the weekend. Raxiom includes everything you need to hook this baby up! It was super easy to install. It comes with very detailed instructions, a labeled wiring harness, and all the cables you would need for a very simple plug and play installation. It retains, your steering wheel controls, all your sync capabilities, even your climate control settings come up on the 7" touch screen. It looks almost identical to the OEM navigation at less than half the cost but functions just as well, if not better! From start to finish I had the Navigation box open, in the car and functioning in about an hour and 15 minutes.

Wiring Harness

Unit Pre-installed in the face plate

Instruction Guide

Stock set up apart

Installed pictures

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or would like more information about the Raxiom Navigation. I have personal experience with both stock and now the Raxiom Navigation's and I highly recommend this product!

The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera will be available on AmericanMuscle.com on October 4, 2013 for $699.99. http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-gps-nav-1014.html

Read more on the Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera at http://blog.americanmuscle.com/amdan...2010-mustangs/

Stay Tuned!

-Dan
Old 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Dumb question but is there a way I can set it up so its says 5.0 when it first turns on. I guess what I am saying, can you load a custom start screen saver.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:20 PM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

That looks fantastic. I have a few questions about it:

#1 - The video on the AM site looks like you mount the antenna above the windshield, but that looks weird to me. Are there other places you can put it?

#2 - Are you stuck with that city background or can you change it?

#3 - Does it retain all SYNC functionality? For instance, if you connect your iPhone via USB can you still see the song titles and such?

#4 - I notice that it has an option on the bottom of the screen that says "AV In." Does that mean you can feed video into the screen? If so, where does it plug in?

Last edited by rvastang; 10-03-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 AM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rios04GT
Dumb question but is there a way I can set it up so its says 5.0 when it first turns on. I guess what I am saying, can you load a custom start screen saver.
I read on another forum that no, the startup screen is not currently customizable. I think that would make a great feature request for Raxiom though. It would be great to just have the pony logo on there or something.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rvastang
That looks fantastic. I have a few questions about it:

#1 - The video on the AM site looks like you mount the antenna above the windshield, but that looks weird to me. Are there other places you can put it?

#2 - Are you stuck with that city background or can you change it?

#3 - Does it retain all SYNC functionality? For instance, if you connect your iPhone via USB can you still see the song titles and such?

#4 - I notice that it has an option on the bottom of the screen that says "AV In." Does that mean you can feed video into the screen? If so, where does it plug in?
1. Yes, you can mount the antenna wherever you'd like to put it! It doesn't have to go on the windshield. I ran mine to the back of the car and mounted the antenna on interior deck lid!

2. No. There's a bunch of different backgrounds to choose from! I personally just liked the city background so I left it on.

3. Yes, all of the SYNC features work properly.

4. I'm not 100% if you can stream video at this time. I haven't played around with that feature yet, I'll look into this for you!

I hope this helps. Hit me up if you have any further questions!

-Dan
Old 10-11-2013, 01:01 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

I read online that the navigation won't work if you don't have the sync option installed. Is that true?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:33 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kawasakiguy
I read online that the navigation won't work if you don't have the sync option installed. Is that true?
Yes, this is true. As of right now the Raxiom Navigation only works with Mustangs equipped with SYNC. We're going to work with the manufacture to possibly come out with an option for the Mustang owners without SYNC.

-Dan
Old 10-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

That looks really good! I wish there was some sort of aftermarket in dash navigation system like this for the 99-04 mustangs!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:11 PM
mymstg

I'm a total newbie when it comes to installing anything on my car. I've never installed anything on it. All I know is I drive it like I stole it.
Considering my inexperience, is still okay if I manage to do this myself
OR
Is it worth paying $250 to get this installed from an audio shop!
Please help!!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:48 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mymstg
I'm a total newbie when it comes to installing anything on my car. I've never installed anything on it. All I know is I drive it like I stole it.
Considering my inexperience, is still okay if I manage to do this myself
OR
Is it worth paying $250 to get this installed from an audio shop!
Please help!!
I think you'll be able to get it done! I've never dipped into any sort of installation with wiring before this. The installation guide is extremely helpful and it's a plug and play unit. If you just follow the instructions and labels on the product I think you'll be able to get it done. Just take your time and pay close attention!

We're also here to help you and I can personally help walk you through this. Feel free to email if you have any trouble. My email goes directly to my phone so I'll get back to you ASAP!

dan[dot]bailer[at]americanmuscle[dot]com

-Dan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)