MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   AmericanMuscle.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/americanmuscle-com-73/)
-   -   Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14) (http://mustangforums.com/forum/americanmuscle-com/701695-raxiom-navigation-w-bluetooth-and-back-up-camera-10-14-a.html)

AMDanBailer 10-01-2013 02:47 PM

Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)
 
A little over a month ago at the 5th annual AmericanMuscle Mustang show I very quietly leaked evidence that Raxiom would be coming out with a Navigation system for 10-14 Mustangs! As shown in the photo below, AM raffled off the first Navigation system they had from Raxiom at AM2013.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0c358124.jpg

I personally own a fully loaded 2011 GT with the Performance package and Brembo brakes. However, the one option I didn't go with when ordering my car was Navigation, it was a $2,300 option from the factory! As soon as I found out that AmericanMuscle would be working with Raxiom to build a top of the line navigation, I just had to have it. This system features a back up camera, satellite radio and still takes full advantage of the sync system. Now if that wasn't enough, this Navigation notifies you when red light cameras and speed traps are ahead, that's a beautiful thing for led foot Mustang owners like myself!

Raxiom's Navigation System uses iGO Primo 2.0 software that includes Text-To-Speech, voice and visual turn-by-turn on screen 2D, 3D, and Green routing directions, as well as 3D building views for major cities. The Raxiom 7 HD full color touch-screen LCD will display SYNC radio and other SYNC controlled functions in a much higher resolution than the standard 2-line factory display and features an auto dimming mode with manual dimmer control. The included full color rear back-up camera has a built in "Instant on" feature. Were it comes on the screen the moment you select reverse. It supports 5 different languages, and retains all Bluetooth, and usb connections. The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation System with Back-up Camera fits 2010 to 2014 Mustangs equipped with "SYNC", including V6, GT, BOSS and Shelby GT500 models.

I had the pleasure of installing the Raxiom Navigation in my 2011 GT over the weekend. Raxiom includes everything you need to hook this baby up! It was super easy to install. It comes with very detailed instructions, a labeled wiring harness, and all the cables you would need for a very simple plug and play installation. It retains, your steering wheel controls, all your sync capabilities, even your climate control settings come up on the 7" touch screen. It looks almost identical to the OEM navigation at less than half the cost but functions just as well, if not better! From start to finish I had the Navigation box open, in the car and functioning in about an hour and 15 minutes.

Wiring Harness
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...psb58b15ed.jpg

Unit Pre-installed in the face plate
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4940de53.jpg

Instruction Guide
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...pseaed11ae.jpg

Stock set up apart
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7f92ce86.jpg

Installed pictures
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...pse04d3cd5.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps589da4e3.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2c2af8bb.jpg

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or would like more information about the Raxiom Navigation. I have personal experience with both stock and now the Raxiom Navigation's and I highly recommend this product!

The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera will be available on AmericanMuscle.com on October 4, 2013 for $699.99. http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-gps-nav-1014.html

Read more on the Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera at http://blog.americanmuscle.com/amdan...2010-mustangs/

Stay Tuned!

-Dan

Rios04GT 10-03-2013 12:24 PM

Dumb question but is there a way I can set it up so its says 5.0 when it first turns on. I guess what I am saying, can you load a custom start screen saver.

rvastang 10-03-2013 08:20 PM

That looks fantastic. I have a few questions about it:

#1 - The video on the AM site looks like you mount the antenna above the windshield, but that looks weird to me. Are there other places you can put it?

#2 - Are you stuck with that city background or can you change it?

#3 - Does it retain all SYNC functionality? For instance, if you connect your iPhone via USB can you still see the song titles and such?

#4 - I notice that it has an option on the bottom of the screen that says "AV In." Does that mean you can feed video into the screen? If so, where does it plug in?

rvastang 10-08-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rios04GT (Post 8290076)
Dumb question but is there a way I can set it up so its says 5.0 when it first turns on. I guess what I am saying, can you load a custom start screen saver.

I read on another forum that no, the startup screen is not currently customizable. I think that would make a great feature request for Raxiom though. It would be great to just have the pony logo on there or something.

AMDanBailer 10-08-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvastang (Post 8290335)
That looks fantastic. I have a few questions about it:

#1 - The video on the AM site looks like you mount the antenna above the windshield, but that looks weird to me. Are there other places you can put it?

#2 - Are you stuck with that city background or can you change it?

#3 - Does it retain all SYNC functionality? For instance, if you connect your iPhone via USB can you still see the song titles and such?

#4 - I notice that it has an option on the bottom of the screen that says "AV In." Does that mean you can feed video into the screen? If so, where does it plug in?

1. Yes, you can mount the antenna wherever you'd like to put it! It doesn't have to go on the windshield. I ran mine to the back of the car and mounted the antenna on interior deck lid!

2. No. There's a bunch of different backgrounds to choose from! I personally just liked the city background so I left it on.

3. Yes, all of the SYNC features work properly.

4. I'm not 100% if you can stream video at this time. I haven't played around with that feature yet, I'll look into this for you!

I hope this helps. Hit me up if you have any further questions!

-Dan

kawasakiguy 10-11-2013 01:01 PM

I read online that the navigation won't work if you don't have the sync option installed. Is that true?

AMDanBailer 10-11-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawasakiguy (Post 8293696)
I read online that the navigation won't work if you don't have the sync option installed. Is that true?

Yes, this is true. As of right now the Raxiom Navigation only works with Mustangs equipped with SYNC. We're going to work with the manufacture to possibly come out with an option for the Mustang owners without SYNC.

-Dan

Subbz 10-14-2013 05:01 PM

That looks really good! I wish there was some sort of aftermarket in dash navigation system like this for the 99-04 mustangs!

mymstg 10-14-2013 07:11 PM

I'm a total newbie when it comes to installing anything on my car. I've never installed anything on it. All I know is I drive it like I stole it.
Considering my inexperience, is still okay if I manage to do this myself
OR
Is it worth paying $250 to get this installed from an audio shop!
Please help!! :(

AMDanBailer 10-15-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymstg (Post 8294908)
I'm a total newbie when it comes to installing anything on my car. I've never installed anything on it. All I know is I drive it like I stole it.
Considering my inexperience, is still okay if I manage to do this myself
OR
Is it worth paying $250 to get this installed from an audio shop!
Please help!! :(

I think you'll be able to get it done! I've never dipped into any sort of installation with wiring before this. The installation guide is extremely helpful and it's a plug and play unit. If you just follow the instructions and labels on the product I think you'll be able to get it done. Just take your time and pay close attention!

We're also here to help you and I can personally help walk you through this. Feel free to email if you have any trouble. My email goes directly to my phone so I'll get back to you ASAP!

dan[dot]bailer[at]americanmuscle[dot]com

-Dan

VCYCLENUT 10-16-2013 10:30 PM

hoe does the radio sound and how is the radio reception?

ive noticed on most aftermarket stuff the radio reception is horrible

rvastang 10-19-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCYCLENUT (Post 8296131)
hoe does the radio sound and how is the radio reception?

ive noticed on most aftermarket stuff the radio reception is horrible

This doesn't replace the radio, so I wouldn't expect a difference.

Matt's 95 Stang 10-20-2013 09:03 AM

Dan you guys are making me a believer in this kit. When I first saw it I HATED it, I thought it was ugly, cheap, out of place, and not good enough for my baby but after looking at what is actually available for our cars your kit is looking sweet. Questions:
Does it display radio info like our OEM one does (Band/Artist, song title)
Does it display CD cover, artist, song info if you are listening to something with Blue Tooth?
How well does it work with USB audio input?
Could you guys do a video of the radio in use? USB in use? BT in use?

I know the video is asking alot but I kinda want to see real world audio use before I commit to buying it.

Thanks,
Matthew

huntiez 10-22-2013 02:31 PM

can this work in a none sinc mustang or only ones with sinc

rvastang 10-22-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntiez (Post 8298751)
can this work in a none sinc mustang or only ones with sinc

It needs Sync.

wkayl 11-06-2013 09:12 PM

1) Does the GPS display posted speed limits?
2) Does the radio display more info as to songs playing (Stock does not display complete song title if too long)?
3) How do you upgrade maps?
4) can you save GPS locations (such as home or wher family lives)?

Djax 11-07-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer (Post 8295288)
I think you'll be able to get it done! I've never dipped into any sort of installation with wiring before this. The installation guide is extremely helpful and it's a plug and play unit. If you just follow the instructions and labels on the product I think you'll be able to get it done. Just take your time and pay close attention!

We're also here to help you and I can personally help walk you through this. Feel free to email if you have any trouble. My email goes directly to my phone so I'll get back to you ASAP!

dan[dot]bailer[at]americanmuscle[dot]com

-Dan

Hi Dan,

I purchased the product after reading your write and WOW it is incredible. The Raxiom Nav unit is worth every dollar and the install was a piece of cake; took me about 2 hours and I took my sweet, sweet time.

I do however have a question specifically to you since you did this install also. Everything works except the satellite radio; I am getting an "Antenna Fault" error when selecting SAT as my source. I am going to rip apart the dash again when I get home from work. Prior to doing so, do you recall in the Raxiom T harness if there were 2 adapters and 2 connectors into the OEM radio or 3? I plugged 2 connectors into the OEM radio from the T harness and 1 OEM connector (the ridiculously short one on the left side). Is this right? The instructions did not cover this portion very clearly.

I called AM this morning but the rep I spoke with was not familiar enough with the product to give any sound advise (check wires and make sure they are tight, ect...).

Thanks!

Djax 11-07-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkayl (Post 8306274)
1) Does the GPS display posted speed limits?
2) Does the radio display more info as to songs playing (Stock does not display complete song title if too long)?
3) How do you upgrade maps?
4) can you save GPS locations (such as home or wher family lives)?

1) Yes - It even yells at you if you are speeding a specific percentage over the speed limit.
1.1) Yes, that can be turned off.
2) Yes. Also, mobile applications like Pandora do display all the info in a scrolling manner if required due to length.
3) There's an SD card on the unit that you can remove, plug into your computer and update the maps. The map updates are downloadable from Naviextras.com. The updates are free on the site once your device is registered.
4) Yes, simply push "Add to Favorites."

Djax 11-08-2013 07:15 AM

Never mind - when I pulled the head unit back out, I saw that a connector came unplugged when I pushed the bezel into place originally.

Everything is working now! Great product, would definitely recommend.

Moronix 11-20-2013 10:08 PM

I mounted the GPS antenna under the dash completely out of sight. Since the Dash is not metal it works fine and saves a lot of work.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.