MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   AmericanMuscle.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/americanmuscle-com-73/)
-   -   Speaking of tail lights... (http://mustangforums.com/forum/americanmuscle-com/702260-speaking-of-tail-lights.html)

kdryan 10-17-2013 03:41 AM

Speaking of tail lights...
 
Redacted

IndecisiveS197 10-17-2013 12:58 PM

this was posted in the S197 forum. There goes all my money.


AMShaneLesky 10-18-2013 10:18 AM

I'm glad your interested OP! Thanks for the assistance IndecisiveS197- the video above says it all. I guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks to see what Raxiom is up too!

Shane

wcgman 10-18-2013 06:20 PM

Shane,

I would hope that maybe AM would consider letting their fans on the MustangForums preorder or heck...those of us that have spent literally thousands of dollars over the years as loyal customers early access to at least order these taillights. I need these the way a 13 year old needs a PS4!!! lol

(Seriously - Im not kidding! You GOTTA hook me UP!)

kdryan 10-18-2013 06:24 PM

Here's hoping they're below the $500 mark... You could charge $1000 and they'd still sell like hotcakes.

huntiez 10-18-2013 06:39 PM

dont give them any ideas but we all know price will be high till a year or so passes then it drops

kdryan 10-18-2013 06:46 PM

I am curious to know if:

a. LED or incandescent bulbs
b. Stock wiring harness, company supplied wiring harness, or can I use my aftermarket sequential harness.
c. Will I need to mod anything in the trunk area
d. Price, of course...

wcgman 10-19-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdryan (Post 8296977)
I am curious to know if:

a. LED or incandescent bulbs
b. Stock wiring harness, company supplied wiring harness, or can I use my aftermarket sequential harness.
c. Will I need to mod anything in the trunk area
d. Price, of course...

Just what is clear in the video, they are LED, so that means on your second question it will require either a company or aftermarket harness which Im sure they will provide. Even if the regular harness plugs into it...

I would guess that there will be no trunk mods because that area is structural and Raxiom has taken a long time to develop these, so they've obviously put a lot of thought into them.

As for price, we know we're gonna take it in the rear on these but I would guess they are going to be 250 range which is a premium for any set of taillights including LED's.

kdryan 10-19-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcgman (Post 8297197)
Just what is clear in the video, they are LED, so that means on your second question it will require either a company or aftermarket harness which Im sure they will provide. Even if the regular harness plugs into it...

I would guess that there will be no trunk mods because that area is structural and Raxiom has taken a long time to develop these, so they've obviously put a lot of thought into them.

As for price, we know we're gonna take it in the rear on these but I would guess they are going to be 250 range which is a premium for any set of taillights including LED's.

Not used to dealing with LED's, so I wasn't sure. As for the price, if harnesses and LED's are included, I'm guessing a lot more than $250. I'm thinking more like above my $500 mark. I'll probably pay it... :)

Andrew Christian 10-21-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdryan (Post 8297487)
Not used to dealing with LED's, so I wasn't sure. As for the price, if harnesses and LED's are included, I'm guessing a lot more than $250. I'm thinking more like above my $500 mark. I'll probably pay it... :)

LEDs would be standard for this type of taillight. I can't see Halogen bulbs being used in the application from the video. Also, Raxiom has a 2 year warranty with all their products so if you have bulbs go out, just order new ones I suppose. I've always has awesome luck and reliability with Raxiom so I'm not to worried about the LED application. HIDs are where you start to questions reliability, those are highly faulty if purchasing from the wrong aftermarket solution.

As far as these taillights, they look sleek in the daytime previews months ago, they look great at night. I'm sure they're going to be in the $500 - $600 dollar range. When Cervinis released their retro taillights, they went for $599.99. I'm sure these will be around the same.

All in all, if you want a premium look to your taillights, you'll have to pay a premium price. Pure and simple. I'll be getting a set on day 1 as long as they're under $1k. :icon_woot:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.