AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Pre-Painted side scoop peeling repair

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Default Pre-Painted side scoop peeling repair

Just wondering, is there any method AM recommends for repairing your pre-painted parts?

I purchased a set of your side scoops a little more than a year ago and the paint is peeling. Would like to know if I can repair it, or should I buy a new set?
Attached Thumbnails Pre-Painted side scoop peeling repair-wp_20131029_06_46_01_proa.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:51 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Now this is a first, for me at least. I've never seen any of our Pre-Painted parts starting to peal like this before. We even use OE quality paint to make sure this never happens!

You certainly shouldn't have to pay to have this repaired or worry about another set going bad in the future. I'm sorry for this inconvenience to begin with! I'd like to send a fresh set in exchange for your old defective set, at no cost to you.

Send me a PM with your First/Last name and shipping address. The new louvers will ship out today if you get back to me before 5pm EST. Once they arrive and you have a chance to uninstall the defective set, you can ship them back in to AM in the same box. Plus, we'll send you a shipping label via email.

If you need assistance with anything else or have other concerns, please feel free to contact me!

Shane
Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Well, like they say here in Houston, if you don't like the weather...wait 5 minutes. I appreciate you guys helping out. I was honestly just looking for recommendations, haha. Is this that 1st class AmericanMuscle support I've heard of, in action? Awesomesauce.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:03 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

You could say that haha.

I sent all of your info over to one of my best guys. He's going to give you a call within the next 24 business hours and setup an exchange for a new set of louvers. If you need anything else at all, you can let him know or send me a PM. Whichever is best for you!

Shane
Old 10-30-2013, 05:24 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up

now that's customer service
brianj
Old 11-01-2013, 02:12 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Final update!

Andrew- The louvers should arrive to your door Wednesday 11/6/13, according to UPS tracking. When you get a chance, ship the old louvers back in the same box. I definitely want our paint guys to take a look and see what happened here, so we can prevent issues like this in the future.

Thanks again for being so understanding!

Shane
Old 11-01-2013, 03:01 PM
huntiez
1st Gear Member

wow that is insane customer service but i have had nothing but the best from our friends at am
Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

nuts!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Will do. I'll be in Dallas all next week, so I'll send them off to you on Saturday.

Thanks again Shane!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:56 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

My pleasure! Saturday works for me. As always, if you need assistance with anything else, just let me know. I'll make sure you're taken care of!

Shane

Quick Reply: Pre-Painted side scoop peeling repair