AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Barton Shifter Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 09:40 PM
pkugrsq
1st Gear Member

Default Barton Shifter Brackets

Hey you guys, I got a question...

I've been looking at these two Barton shifter brackets for my '14 and I have no idea what makes the 2 post version any more special than the cheaper one.

Reference:
Barton Industries Shifter Bracket

Barton Industries Two-Post Shifter Bracket

I'm just trying to justify the $40 increase in price.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:31 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Both the Barton shifter brackets work very well over the stock rubber unit. The two-post Barton shifter bracket is just a little stiffer and gives a bit more of a confident shift than the standard Barton bracket. I personally prefer the two-post piece because it's the easiest to use when slamming gears while racing.

Although if you prefer to cruise your Mustang and don't take it to the track, the standard Barton shifter bracket is perfect. It just depends on your driving style!

Shane
Old 02-13-2014, 12:43 PM
pkugrsq
1st Gear Member

I'm mainly a daily driver for street use, but I do floor it around campus sometimes... (bad habits). I decided to buy the two post anyways! Seeing that I am hitting the strip when I return to Georgia.

Thanks though! I had called before I bought it to get my question answered, and they were very helpful!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:37 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pkugrsq
I'm mainly a daily driver for street use, but I do floor it around campus sometimes... (bad habits). I decided to buy the two post anyways! Seeing that I am hitting the strip when I return to Georgia.

Thanks though! I had called before I bought it to get my question answered, and they were very helpful!
I know you won't disappointed! The 2post bracket is a night and day difference over the stock unit. Plus, you sound just like me. I have a Mustang that I'll daily drive/cruise, but still always prefer the higher performance parts/components over comfort, because I like functionality.

You'll have to let me know what you think once you get the bracket installed. I'm always glad to hear our Mustang Experts helped you out over the phone!

Shane
Old 02-22-2014, 06:31 PM
pkugrsq
1st Gear Member

Hey Shane!

Today I installed the shifter bracket. I took it out for a drive before and after I put it on, and let me tell you. I could definitely feel the difference. Just moving the car back into the parking spot, I felt the shifter change gears alot more crisp. On top of that, I did some shifting from 1-6, and I could go from second to third at maybe more than twice the speed from before. And that rubber feel is definitely gone. On top of that, the known NVH is barely noticeable.

Though, I did have to go out and buy some Loctite blue even though the video from Barton Industries said the package included some loctite. Oh well

Expect a good review on the website tomorrow!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:40 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pkugrsq
Hey Shane!

Today I installed the shifter bracket. I took it out for a drive before and after I put it on, and let me tell you. I could definitely feel the difference. Just moving the car back into the parking spot, I felt the shifter change gears alot more crisp. On top of that, I did some shifting from 1-6, and I could go from second to third at maybe more than twice the speed from before. And that rubber feel is definitely gone. On top of that, the known NVH is barely noticeable.

Though, I did have to go out and buy some Loctite blue even though the video from Barton Industries said the package included some loctite. Oh well

Expect a good review on the website tomorrow!
pkugrsq,

Excellent! So glad to hear you're thrilled with the Barton 2post shifter bracket. It's a night and day difference over the factory shifter. Sometimes I wonder what Ford was thinking in the first place haha.

Although, I'm disappointed there was no loctite included in the package. I'll let my guys know here, so we can check some other boxes and make sure they're equipped properly. Thanks for the heads up!

Shane