AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

2015 Mustang GT tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 05:14 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default 2015 Mustang GT tuning

Do the new PCM's allow full access for tuning and do you guys predict any hp numbers in terms of custom tuning?

I love the new body style and have been looking to get back into the Mustang scene for quite some time.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:17 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Do the new PCM's allow full access for tuning and do you guys predict any hp numbers in terms of custom tuning?

I love the new body style and have been looking to get back into the Mustang scene for quite some time.
stealth_GT,

Yes! We'll have full access of all the parameters of the PCM, which is awesome because this is the fastest and most loaded PCM Ford has made to date. This means more control overall and smoother transitions with new modifications.

We don't have any predicted hp numbers available yet, as we're still testing. You know we'll post some updates up the first chance we get!

Thanks for showing your interest. Are you planning on picking up a 2015?

Shane
Old 06-04-2014, 01:35 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

That's great news

I love the new body style of the new Mustang's and I think it makes it look much more exotic.

I am interested in the new Mustang's, but I am unsure of how the new IRS will react on hard launches and if it's gonna indeed be 200-300lbs. heavier. I am also looking to see if there is gonna be a mid year bump in hp.

I like the 2014 Mustang GT's as well because everything has already been laid out. I can just piece together a low 11 second car immediately without any guess work and I like that. I haven't had a modded car since last year and I am looking forward to possibly starting a new project. I can order either model soon from the Ford dealer.. just sitting back on a decision, no rush.

I am looking forward to further developments in the 2015 scene from AM
Old 06-04-2014, 09:42 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

I hear ya there, I'm interested to see the IRS at the drag strip myself. I'm not to worried about the overall launching performance being poor though. Ford has come a long way since the IRS in the 03-04 Cobras, which weren't too bad. The 2015 IRS has a whole new design which seems to be a lot more rugged, which hopefully will eliminate wheel hop.

The 2014 GT's are killer cars, and I don't think they'll ever be out dated. It's nice to be able to jump into a car and throw a few proven parts on it, then hit the track. I completely understand that mentality! As you can't go wrong there.

Personally, I'd hold out for the 2015's though. You know it won't be long before we completely build up a 2015 and find out all the pros/cons and how to make it a 10 second car. Wait for that all to happen in the next few months then make your decision. I have a feeling it will be a lot easier then!

Shane
Old 06-04-2014, 09:27 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Ditto.. performance wise, I am very impressed by the 5.0's. I have to see how it all pans out with the new IRS, possible weight increases etc. Personally, I think the new body style is worth waiting for.

Good news is, by then, I'll have enough to mod!