AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Recommendation on brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Recommendation on brakes

Hey guys

So I think it is close to the time I upgrade my breaks and was wondering what y'all recommend from the options in your store. At this time I'm probably only going to the front rotors, and replace the backs in due time. But for the rotors I am look at the DBA slotted rotors and then the powerslot rotors. Which would y'all suggest? Also should I go with the hawk ceramic or HPS pads? I have a v6 so i aint going to fast in the first place
Old 06-17-2014, 09:47 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Hey guys

So I think it is close to the time I upgrade my breaks and was wondering what y'all recommend from the options in your store. At this time I'm probably only going to the front rotors, and replace the backs in due time. But for the rotors I am look at the DBA slotted rotors and then the powerslot rotors. Which would y'all suggest? Also should I go with the hawk ceramic or HPS pads? I have a v6 so i aint going to fast in the first place
Mobiusonestang-

Sorry about the delay! Good question and if you're looking for an OEM replacement that will have a lot more bite than what came on the car from the factory I would recommend DBA's X-Gold Series Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors-They're going to be a little more than the PowerSlots but they'll vent better to ensure that you're stopping on a dime! Not to mention I personally think they look a lot cooler too.

Regarding the pads I've run both the Ceramic and HPS Pads on my 2001 and felt the HPS had a lot more bite when I needed them.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help!

-Alex
Old 06-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

I had HPS pads on my 01 GT. Stopped on a dime and gave me a nickel back. Loved them!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys! Just bought the standard Dba slotted rotors and I decided to go with the hps since everywhere I go I hear they're great.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:45 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Thanks guys! Just bought the standard Dba slotted rotors and I decided to go with the hps since everywhere I go I hear they're great.
OP-Awesome! You wont be disappointed! Be sure to post up a review when they're broken in!

-Alex