AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

How does one get an RMA from AM?

Old 12-20-2014, 01:51 AM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

Default How does one get an RMA from AM?

This is a question for one of the resident AM employees that frequent this site. Earlier this year I purchased item #49224 Raxiom LED Tail Light Conversion Kit (05-09 All) for $79.99. Once installed, I discovered that these lights are unaceptable due to the fact that the running lights are brighter that the standard incandescent but the brake lights are dimmer that the standard incandescent bulb. So the differential at night is much less when applying the brakes which may be missed by following traffic. With the number of unattentive drivers out there, I don't want to give them any excuse to rear end my car.

With that said, I was disatisfied with the product and called AM for a RMA to return these tail light bulbs. I proceded to get a run around from the AM employee and was told I would have to send photos to back up my claim. The fact that AM wouldn't accept my statement of disatisfaction annoyed me but I went ahead and sent photos to them to verify my claim. I did this several times to no avail. I am still waiting for my RMA.

The photos below are what I sent to AM. One picture shows the LEDs on the left and the standard bulbs on the right. Then there are two photos showing just one side where the standard bulb is in the center of the left tail light with the LEDs on each side.

Here's the math, these bulbs contain SMD 5050 LEDs which are rated at 15 Lumens each. There are 18 per bulb for 270 lumens per bulb whereas a standard incandescent is rated at 400 to 500 lumens.

Though I like the Raxiom Gen V LED tails, with AM's less than stellar customer service I am extremely hesitant in dealing with AM again.

Fool my once, shame on you. Fool my twice, shame on me.

SF
Attached Thumbnails How does one get an RMA from AM?-pic1raxiombulbs.jpg   How does one get an RMA from AM?-pic2raxiombulbs.jpg   How does one get an RMA from AM?-pic3raxiombulbs.jpg  
Old 12-22-2014, 08:11 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Centurion96
This is a question for one of the resident AM employees that frequent this site. Earlier this year I purchased item #49224 Raxiom LED Tail Light Conversion Kit (05-09 All) for $79.99. Once installed, I discovered that these lights are unaceptable due to the fact that the running lights are brighter that the standard incandescent but the brake lights are dimmer that the standard incandescent bulb. So the differential at night is much less when applying the brakes which may be missed by following traffic. With the number of unattentive drivers out there, I don't want to give them any excuse to rear end my car.

With that said, I was disatisfied with the product and called AM for a RMA to return these tail light bulbs. I proceded to get a run around from the AM employee and was told I would have to send photos to back up my claim. The fact that AM wouldn't accept my statement of disatisfaction annoyed me but I went ahead and sent photos to them to verify my claim. I did this several times to no avail. I am still waiting for my RMA.

The photos below are what I sent to AM. One picture shows the LEDs on the left and the standard bulbs on the right. Then there are two photos showing just one side where the standard bulb is in the center of the left tail light with the LEDs on each side.

Here's the math, these bulbs contain SMD 5050 LEDs which are rated at 15 Lumens each. There are 18 per bulb for 270 lumens per bulb whereas a standard incandescent is rated at 400 to 500 lumens.

Though I like the Raxiom Gen V LED tails, with AM's less than stellar customer service I am extremely hesitant in dealing with AM again.

Fool my once, shame on you. Fool my twice, shame on me.

SF

SF

Sorry about the delay and to hear about the trouble here. This definitely is not how we operate here and I wanted to apologize about the level of service you received!

Can you please shoot me a PM with your order number and I'm happy to have a return set up for you today and have these sent back for a 100% Refund. We'll be covering the shipping cost back here as well!

Alex
Old 12-24-2014, 09:03 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Hey Bob, I just received your PM and shot you a reply back!

Alex
Old 12-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey Bob, I just received your PM and shot you a reply back!

Alex
Thanks Alex,

Received the paperwork and will be returning the items after Christmas.

SF
Old 12-29-2014, 08:53 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Centurion96
Thanks Alex,

Received the paperwork and will be returning the items after Christmas.

SF
Sounds good! Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with in the meantime, I'm a PM away!

Alex