AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Tips and experience on exhaust!

Old 05-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Tips and experience on exhaust!

Hey AM guys!

So, the time is drawing nearer ( a few months) to buy a new exhaust for my 14 3.7. I think I've drawn it down to a few, but was wondering if any AM employees had experience I could draw from. I'm looking at the Magnaflow race series axleback (Item #48046), the Flowmaster Force II (Item #18414), and the MBRP pro series (Item #383705). Im worried about the magnaflow because it does not look like it has any mufflers. Based on the cars i see, Texas is pretty lenient, but I dont think going without mufflers is a good idea. The MBRP looks good, but I havn't heard much of them, and there is no reviews on the site. Right now based off of sound clips and past experiences, flowmaster looks to be the best bet. The price is more than I wanted to spend, but I know the quality is there. I would really appreciate any input!

Also, how come no new reviews?

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:02 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Hey AM guys!

So, the time is drawing nearer ( a few months) to buy a new exhaust for my 14 3.7. I think I've drawn it down to a few, but was wondering if any AM employees had experience I could draw from.

I'm looking at the Magnaflow race series axleback (Item #48046), the Flowmaster Force II (Item #18414), and the MBRP pro series (Item #383705).

Im worried about the magnaflow because it does not look like it has any mufflers. Based on the cars i see, Texas is pretty lenient, but I dont think going without mufflers is a good idea.

The MBRP looks good, but I havn't heard much of them, and there is no reviews on the site. Right now based off of sound clips and past experiences, flowmaster looks to be the best bet. The price is more than I wanted to spend, but I know the quality is there. I would really appreciate any input!

Also, how come no new reviews?

Thanks!

Hey Mo Sorry about the delay! Good questions here. You're definitely onto something with the Magnaflow Race Series as it's essentially a straight pipe or a muffler delete. This can be a little obnoxious on long rides and while it's fun for a week it gets old really fast! Between the Flowmaster Force II and the Magnaflow I would shoot for the Force II Axleback as it's going to be that much easier on the ears! i don't have much info on the MBRP as we just recently had them brought on but If the Flowmaster is quiet enough for my mother in her Mid-60's I'm sure you'll be fine. Drop me a line if you don't have our discount code and I'll get you some help.

Alex
Old 05-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Alex! Do the S197's 11-14 respond best to axlebacks? I was told it is possible to just weld in two flowmasters in place of the stock mufflers, but the package deal with the Force II seems so tempting
Old 05-08-2015, 08:18 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Thanks Alex! Do the S197's 11-14 respond best to axlebacks? I was told it is possible to just weld in two flowmasters in place of the stock mufflers, but the package deal with the Force II seems so tempting

Welcome! In regards to power/torque? They're not really going to yield much of any gain at all and they're primarily for sound. For what it's worth I wouldn't go that route because you're going to need to buy (2) mufflers, have your oem system hacked up, have them welded. That's all going to add up real fast. Down the road if you're trading the car it's not going too easy to just "set it back to stock" either! Definitely easier to go with the Axleback than have it pieced together.

Alex
Old 05-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

True True Alex! That is a very good point. I know putting in an axleback won't hurt my warranty, but two welded in mufflers might look fishy. I have a guy in my town who does AMAZING work with exhaust systems, but I think your right. If I need to sell the car I can at least take it off and sell the flowmasters or whatever. I think once its time to really put my money where my mouth is and pony up for one, I'll give y'all another ring to see if y'all have heard anything good or good experiences with MBRP. The price difference is enough to warrant a look. Thanks for being great AM guys!!
Old 05-12-2015, 09:08 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

True True Alex! That is a very good point. I know putting in an axleback won't hurt my warranty, but two welded in mufflers might look fishy. I have a guy in my town who does AMAZING work with exhaust systems, but I think your right. If I need to sell the car I can at least take it off and sell the flowmasters or whatever. I think once its time to really put my money where my mouth is and pony up for one, I'll give y'all another ring to see if y'all have heard anything good or good experiences with MBRP. The price difference is enough to warrant a look. Thanks for being great AM guys!!
Hey! It's just my .02! If the guy is a wizard with a blow torch and a welder then definitely have at it but I think it would be like working backwards in the event that you were going to need to get the car back to stock. Very welcome and let us know if anything as always!

Alex
Old 05-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Your absolutely right, plus I think it would be cheaper to just install an axleback. But I think my choices have turned, and I'm seriously considering the Roush axleback. Does anyone at AM have experience with it? The reviews seem generally positive
Old 05-19-2015, 01:37 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Your absolutely right, plus I think it would be cheaper to just install an axleback. But I think my choices have turned, and I'm seriously considering the Roush axleback. Does anyone at AM have experience with it? The reviews seem generally positive
Sorry about the delay I was offsite for a little bit! I think it's definitely an easier way to go. Back and forth having parts removed and reinstalled/welded is no fun. The Roush is hands down my favorite along with our customers for a variety of reasons but the main one is the sound - It's down right aggressive!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

No problem on the delay!! We're all busy these days Would you happen to know what type of muffler design it uses? I read somewhere (and it was the on the internet, so I doubt its truthfulness until proven otherwise lol) that is basically a straight through design... But again thank you so much for all the help!
Old 05-21-2015, 12:54 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

No problem on the delay!! We're all busy these days Would you happen to know what type of muffler design it uses? I read somewhere (and it was the on the internet, so I doubt its truthfulness until proven otherwise lol) that is basically a straight through design... But again thank you so much for all the help!
Roush states that their muffler is an "open chamber" design; they're not necessarily glass packs/muffler deletes so there is some material inside of them so you're not blowing out eardrums!

Alex

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tips and experience on exhaust!