AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Extremely disappointing order and service.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 12:49 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Hey Jason - I'm sorry to hear about all of this but I just spoke with Mike and he had said that he had shot you a few emails and hasn't heard back - Please drop him a line so he can get you some help here.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:43 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
he had said that he had shot you a few emails and hasn't heard back
This is something you get trained not to do. Blame shift to the angry customer. Here, let me give you the response again:

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Hey Alex,

I have lost confidence in American Muscles ability to keep track of my order internally or correctly handle my complaints. Can you please respond point by point without excuses, simply what were going to do from here?

Mike just sent me an invoice...

1. That fuel setup is nice, but I already ordered the ford racing dual pump kit from you guys. Please remove.

2. Everything is list, can I get it redone at least with the 6% forum discount.

3. I'm upset that two weeks ago we had what I thought was a detailed conversation including what I had, what I plan to use, what my plans were, and that I was going to "get some stuff from us." According to you. To have a fuel system added you and I talked about, and you could have looked at my order history to prevent more back and forth... I'm am angry at the amount of detailed conversation I have had with people at American Muscle and am still having to come back and fix... What changed?

4. I asked pretty much right away for some form of tune for just the cams. I do not have a shop so this is being done in a tiny 1 stall garage. It was my goal since you were back ordered, to get done what I could. I was told yes. I was lied to. I have not seen a tune still. Just how many times do I have to ask? Can you get me a tune SOON or was the idea to have me **** myself until all the parts show up so you only have to write one tune? See I dont care what your actual answer is to this. In practice, your answer WAS go **** myself, or else we wouldn't be here a month later after I have been hounding you. It is not my failure to ask, it is American Muscles failure to follow through.

5. we discussed having American Muscle getting the parts I need in, including the adapters you are telling me to run, and invoicing me for all of that. Hence what you were working on. Seems you forgot why we were having you put this together. I dont care anymore. If your goal was to anger me so much that I am at the point of a BBB complaint and I will just continue to try to fix it myself, assuming you were just telling me what I want to hear, then congrats. Don't worry about anything not directly under your wheel house, if American Muscle is happy working in silos and miss-informing customers, I will happily **** talk them, and based on my long history with you guys, be able to talk into detail about the exact types of changes and short falls. Specific names and dates where things were said and no one follows through... WTF?

6. Waste gate, I could do the research but you said you were on it. the "7psi fitted" gate from hellion, is it adjustable to the 10psi I have been saying the whole time? You said you were going to check with Hellion or look at boost controllers, you did neither and sent me an invoice. I would prefer to have the right physical spring and skip the controller. Hence why I was vocal multiple times about the setup and boost level. Your current system feels like you care, you even send me a questionnaire about it, then everyone washes their hands of it and its on Hellion or the customer to catch everything your not saying.
"Tuner Kit. The Hellion Mustang Single Turbo Tuner Kit comes with a Turbonetics 61mm Turbo and all the required parts and hardware needed to upgrade your mild manner pony to a wild snarling beast. Custom dyno tuning is required for operation. Does not include injectors or programmer."
When I call pre sales, say I have a programmer and am a tunes for life member, and I want to order these injectors, will that work? See when I am told yes, based on your advertising, what others I have talked to have done, and what your own add lists, and what the guy on the phone says, you would think that I was all set no?

I didn't want to put this here, but maybe if a few people in house see it, someone can fix it without the same questions asked of me multiple times, of it Mike goes on vacation, or if Hellion is being hard to get a hold, or one of many other excuses you have made that I do not care at all about at this point.
I actually think it was incredibly specific.

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
he had said that he had shot you a few emails and hasn't heard back
I have to come back to this...
I was emailed a quote at 2:10 yesterday. It was supposed to be multiple quotes so I had a choice, it was not, and has items I already ordered from you. USELESS. (fuel system)
I was so upset that my prior conversation was ignored yet again I stayed up all night. I finally was able to sleep around 7:30AM
I woke up, came here, and spent a long time trying to lay out a step by step plan. at 12:20
I received a email at 1:36 from Mike asking how things look.
At 1:49 you tell me you guys are waiting on me.
I responded at 2:07 telling mike that I am having a hard time today, and that there is a detailed response on the forums.
Mike responded at 2:20 saying he would get with one of you to see what is going on.
I respond again at 2:43 and edited again at 2:56 as I am trying to still figure out what it is that I am holding you up on?

Or if this is another example of terrible internal communication.

Last edited by JDWalton; 05-21-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:44 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

I can see that you and Mike are moving forward on this in private via email - If you're to have any other questions please let him know and he's got your back! Sorry about the confusion on the invoice, that was just a quote and you weren't being billed for anything.

Alex
Old 05-30-2015, 01:53 AM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

did you get your $454348766 in parts in yet?

Last edited by SyNdicateZ; 05-30-2015 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:07 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

No. Well... sort of. The parts have eventually come in, but now that it is months later I am not in a position to install them. No idea when to finish.

There were many tuning issues, in fact, I took off my entire intake manifold trying to find cause of phantom CMCV codes because they swore up and down 2 people checked the tune and that they acknowledged my Ford Racing Intake Manifold. YES, YES, YES, well no. Our bad. How much money in labor at $100 an hour do you thing all that would have cost me... oh it doesn't matter if I can turn the wrench myself right?

My Turbo kit is currently in dispute, I am trying to prove where American Muscle confirmed or knew when this was an issue.....

I am working with some more confident sounding people in their tuning department now, my scare is its the same company and the last person sounded confident until the single person they had given to handle me separated/was fired and I got dropped again.

You do this much business with a place, I recommend them everywhere, I speak to "management" and explain personal medical information and ask for some help up front. This is what it looks like... I probably wont have the car turbo-ed this summer, but they got all my money in April, and continuing....
Old 07-13-2015, 06:00 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Well, If you want a good tuner, sadly you may have to go elsewhere... depending where you are in CT, I can give you the info on a guy somewhat close that does amazing work.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:41 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYstang
Well, If you want a good tuner, sadly you may have to go elsewhere... depending where you are in CT, I can give you the info on a guy somewhat close that does amazing work.
even more sad is I dont have enough money to pay to have it done twice, so I'm waiting
Old 07-14-2015, 01:25 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JDWalton
No. Well... sort of. The parts have eventually come in, but now that it is months later I am not in a position to install them. No idea when to finish.

There were many tuning issues, in fact, I took off my entire intake manifold trying to find cause of phantom CMCV codes because they swore up and down 2 people checked the tune and that they acknowledged my Ford Racing Intake Manifold. YES, YES, YES, well no. Our bad. How much money in labor at $100 an hour do you thing all that would have cost me... oh it doesn't matter if I can turn the wrench myself right?

My Turbo kit is currently in dispute, I am trying to prove where American Muscle confirmed or knew when this was an issue.....

I am working with some more confident sounding people in their tuning department now, my scare is its the same company and the last person sounded confident until the single person they had given to handle me separated/was fired and I got dropped again.

You do this much business with a place, I recommend them everywhere, I speak to "management" and explain personal medical information and ask for some help up front. This is what it looks like... I probably wont have the car turbo-ed this summer, but they got all my money in April, and continuing....
JD - Long time no see. What else are you missing from your orders here? I can see that you've been doing some major work in the meantime getting a slew of stuff picked up but I'm at a loss on the "Turbo Dispute". I know that you've been working with Mike S closely along the way and we along with Bama are here to help but I just wanted to get a better idea of what was going on.

Alex
Old 07-14-2015, 09:46 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Hey Alex,
Well Paul and Mike are working with me. Paul got the confirmation for the 10 psi spring being sent to me, so that should finish the "parts."

Yes major work, basically free flow through the whole front and back end of the motor. Just did a bunch of work, whole rear end suspension, brakes, control arms, crossovers.

Working on front end now. Rotors, pads, crossover cables, struts, springs, a arms, end lings, sway arm.

Waiting on 18 x 9 deep dish matte black rims for my front... already have the rears mounted so I'm concerned you guys are switching manufactures. Do you know when new ones are coming in or if they are the same?

Rear:

Last edited by JDWalton; 07-14-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:13 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

JD - Definitely getting some work done! I spoke with Paul and Mike yesterday about this too and they're going to get you set up with the spring no questions asked. I know that this was mentioned somewhere on the tune form from way back when. In regards to the vendors changing no worries on your end sir! Keep me in the loop if there's anything else I can help out with.

Alex

Quick Reply: Extremely disappointing order and service.