AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Extremely disappointing order and service.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:14 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Angry Extremely disappointing order and service.

Hey Guys,
This is Jason Walton with the order currently placed for Portland, CT. I was trying to not have to resort to posting my business on line but I am attempting to save what has been a long relationship for myself, my friends and family, and many of the people on this forum I have always recommended use products from your site.

When I placed my order on April 24th, I did not know that I would still be having issues, not only waiting on back orders, but being told items that pre sales were fine, are not recommended even though you sell them.

I called Monday afternoon ( the 27th ) to inquire why the order was still in processing. I thought you were probably holding the entire order until back-orders had arrived. silly for a few hundred worth of parts to hold another $6,000 worth. I was assured this was not the case.

4/28 Tuesday, I received individual confirmations for orders for the individual parts. It appears Monday I was lied to. I also received the Hellion tuning request form. I promptly filled out and returned.

4/29 Wednesday, I received an email from Hellion explaining a back order now till mid may as a "realistic date" and that the orders are handled as they come in, and that American muscle had not emailed the order until Tuesday!

5/5 Yesterday I call Hellion to ask about the tuning and about if replacing the old cats would be a good idea, they explain it doesnt make a difference to them, they arnt doing the tune unless I pay $805. WTH did I fill the form out for and why did no one tell me this till now?

5/6 Today I call and ask that the most senior person capabable of being on the phone to please give me a call so that I can discuss my personal issues and this order to get this straightened out, as I am trying to save this order. I was assured I would be called back.

No one has called me.

WTF? I did a ton of research and asked plenty of pre sales questions. I was assured all of these parts would work well together, and that AM would be handling the tune. BEFORE I ordered it was all fine, after the order there has been ZERO follow trough or unity of service.

42607 - Hellion Single Turbo Kit - Tuner Kit (05-10 GT)

$4745.99

60024 - Spec Stage 3+ Clutch (05-10 GT)

$489.99

41195 - SR Performance Braided Stainless Steel Hydraulic Clutch Line (05-14 All)

$59.99

50700 - SR Performance Front Lower Control Arms (05-10 All)

$299.99

50140 - Ford Racing High Performance Dual Fuel Pump Kit (05-09 GT)

$699.00

37800 - KONI STR.T Front Strut (05-10 All)

$109.20

37801 - KONI STR.T Rear Shock (05-14 All)

$60.90

53672 - Ford Motorcraft Cam Phaser Bolt (05-10 GT)

$20.99

49609 - BMR Adjustable Front Sway Bar (05-10 All)

$199.95

62524 - Exedy Hydraulic Throwout Bearing/Slave Cylinder (05-10 GT, V6)

$149.99

52911 - Ford Motorcraft OEM Fuel Filter (05-10 All)

$17.99

50116 - Ford Racing Roller Pilot Bearing (96-12 GT, GT500)

$10.99

I also ordered (from summit do to you were out of stock.)
FMS-M-9593-LU47
Fuel Injectors, 47 lbs./hr., Long Length, Universal, V8, Set of 8
(Mfr. #: M-9593-LU47)
1 Box A (Ohio Warehouse)
FedEx Home 3-4 bus. days NGK-7554
Spark Plug, Iridium, Projected Tip, 12mm Thread, 26.5mm Reach, Tapered Seat, Each
(Mfr. #: 7554)

We have gotten to the point where you guys have now said that you will do the tune but that you do not recommend these injectors even though you sell them nor sell the adapters your tuners recommend.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...injectors.html
Why sell them and pre sales say fine but when your tuner gets them say no good?

I want ONE person at American muscle to be my point of contact to complete my order and guarantee my order will not get canceled at hellion again and placed at the end of the back order. I am furious at the service I have received. It was completely unacceptable to not even call back.

Why did no one call?
Why do I have to keep calling around to both find and fix my order?
Why was everything fine pre sale, but not ok now?
Why does your tuning department not recommend a product you sell?
What items should I use to complete this.

If you look around at my history here, this isn't "tuner got in over head," this is I keep getting told one thing and shown another BY YOU.

Please advise.

Last edited by JDWalton; 04-16-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:19 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I will add, I do not want to replace the H pipe, I want cut in cats. I also dont want the 39lb injectors. I know at 10 lbs they would be maxed out and leave no room to grow... to the 47s I want to run. Or the 60s you sell you also dont recommend.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:42 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Jason,

First, I'm sorry about the level of service that you've received so far. This isn't how we do business! We appreciate your support over the years and I'm going to get this fixed for you today. The communication has been atrocious on our end, so I already called Hellion to see if they're able to have your kit expedited on us! I'll speak with our best Mustang Expert and see to it that they're on the phone with you shortly to get this solved! Thanks again for being so patient.

Alex
Old 05-07-2015, 11:54 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Alex,
Thank you for the attention and service.

I am pleased with the communication and honesty with Mike today on the phone. I am sorry for the tone of my voice at times, and for taking to the forums to voice this.

I do not wish to share any specifics, but I am pleased with some of the proposed solutions at this point, and will update all as to the final outcome. Play by playing this is not my goal. I trust that Mike is working in my best interest, and we are now on the right track. Thank you guys for the care in handling my difficulties.

-Jason Walton
Old 05-08-2015, 08:20 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Alex,
Thank you for the attention and service.

I am pleased with the communication and honesty with Mike today on the phone. I am sorry for the tone of my voice at times, and for taking to the forums to voice this.

I do not wish to share any specifics, but I am pleased with some of the proposed solutions at this point, and will update all as to the final outcome. Play by playing this is not my goal. I trust that Mike is working in my best interest, and we are now on the right track. Thank you guys for the care in handling my difficulties.

-Jason Walton
Jason,

You're very welcome. I've worked with Mike for over 4 years and he's a great guy. No apology necessary. This is a public forum and we're here for a reason. Let us know if there's anything in the meantime that we can help with.

Alex
Old 05-18-2015, 02:48 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Well so far I have been very diss-satisfied with resolution.

The first person I spoke with on the phone, seemed to have not read any of this, and said stuff like, "Paul already said what to do," with no technical clarification, or answers as to why you sell them, but dont recommend them on applications, but fail to list that in the item description.

After speaking with Mike J I felt confident you guys knew what I wanted, where the order had gone south, and that we were going to fix it. I would have one point of contact that could coordinate this, as I just cant deal with it.

I receieved multiple calls and emails from Paul, your tuner. He is giving correct technical details, and wants to help with just the injectors, but cant do anything about the rest of it.

Some other Mike that was calling me, that had no idea Mike J, Paul and I were working on solving this.

I still have ZERO tunes, perfromance parts in my car, explination as to why my SR performance arms are in Mevtech boxes (is that normal?) and oh, the turbo kit that you calmed me down by telling me was shipping last week, you guys helped me and bumped me up... was without a turbo until its shipping today.... the freaking 18th.. in other words, the end of the back order... So in actuality **** was done for me for another week, I was misinformed and contacted by multiple internal people with hardly any internal communication. fix your house please.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:55 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

The more I think about it, the more out right I am pissed off that you guys hoodwinked me. Calm me down, tell me what I want to hear when I am saying I am at the point of having you pick up the order, then assure me its been shipped, just happens to be missing the TURBO. Its not your fault its back ordered, but it is your fault for miss-representing when someone would have it, or what was actively being sent to them. I dont care if it was you or hellion that failed to think on that one, its Americans muscle's failure to accuratly pass on the information.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:56 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Last edited by JDWalton; 05-18-2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: angry
Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

JD - I'm sorry for the back and forth and delay I was offsite yesterday. I can see that your kit was shipped and is en route as we speak. I'm going to have Mike J call you shortly to get you some more help on this. My apologies for the inconvenience here.

Alex
Old 05-21-2015, 11:20 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Hey Alex,

I have lost confidence in American Muscles ability to keep track of my order internally or correctly handle my complaints. Can you please respond point by point without excuses, simply what were going to do from here?

Mike just sent me an invoice...

1. That fuel setup is nice, but I already ordered the ford racing dual pump kit from you guys. Please remove.

2. Everything is list, can I get it redone at least with the 6% forum discount.

3. I'm upset that two weeks ago we had what I thought was a detailed conversation including what I had, what I plan to use, what my plans were, and that I was going to "get some stuff from us." According to you. To have a fuel system added you and I talked about, and you could have looked at my order history to prevent more back and forth... I'm am angry at the amount of detailed conversation I have had with people at American Muscle and am still having to come back and fix... What changed?

4. I asked pretty much right away for some form of tune for just the cams. I do not have a shop so this is being done in a tiny 1 stall garage. It was my goal since you were back ordered, to get done what I could. I was told yes. I was lied to. I have not seen a tune still. Just how many times do I have to ask? Can you get me a tune SOON or was the idea to have me **** myself until all the parts show up so you only have to write one tune? See I dont care what your actual answer is to this. In practice, your answer WAS go **** myself, or else we wouldn't be here a month later after I have been hounding you. It is not my failure to ask, it is American Muscles failure to follow through.

5. we discussed having American Muscle getting the parts I need in, including the adapters you are telling me to run, and invoicing me for all of that. Hence what you were working on. Seems you forgot why we were having you put this together. I dont care anymore. If your goal was to anger me so much that I am at the point of a BBB complaint and I will just continue to try to fix it myself, assuming you were just telling me what I want to hear, then congrats. Don't worry about anything not directly under your wheel house, if American Muscle is happy working in silos and miss-informing customers, I will happily **** talk them, and based on my long history with you guys, be able to talk into detail about the exact types of changes and short falls. Specific names and dates where things were said and no one follows through... WTF?

6. Waste gate, I could do the research but you said you were on it. the "7psi fitted" gate from hellion, is it adjustable to the 10psi I have been saying the whole time? You said you were going to check with Hellion or look at boost controllers, you did neither and sent me an invoice. I would prefer to have the right physical spring and skip the controller. Hence why I was vocal multiple times about the setup and boost level. Your current system feels like you care, you even send me a questionnaire about it, then everyone washes their hands of it and its on Hellion or the customer to catch everything your not saying.
"Tuner Kit. The Hellion Mustang Single Turbo Tuner Kit comes with a Turbonetics 61mm Turbo and all the required parts and hardware needed to upgrade your mild manner pony to a wild snarling beast. Custom dyno tuning is required for operation. Does not include injectors or programmer."
When I call pre sales, say I have a programmer and am a tunes for life member, and I want to order these injectors, will that work? See when I am told yes, based on your advertising, what others I have talked to have done, and what your own add lists, and what the guy on the phone says, you would think that I was all set no?

I didn't want to put this here, but maybe if a few people in house see it, someone can fix it without the same questions asked of me multiple times, of it Mike goes on vacation, or if Hellion is being hard to get a hold, or one of many other excuses you have made that I do not care at all about at this point.

Quick Reply: Extremely disappointing order and service.