AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

My 2015 disabled by BAMA tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 08:17 PM
BillQuantrell

Default My 2015 disabled by BAMA tune

Just purchased an 800 hp Whipple based kit from American Muscle, tuned by BAMA. Ford dealer installed the supercharger, loaded the Bama tune from the SCT X4 device. Took the car out for a spin and the car drove terrible. At low speeds or cruising, the car bucked and surged like a mechanical bull. Called Bama, they said that the tune on the SCT is just the "startup" tune. They tell me to datalog and send them the datalog so they can make corrections. So the ford tech runs a datalog. We send it to Bama, they send back the revision......and the damn car won't even start! They say datalog some more. We do that. Get the third tune back and loaded....car starts but get CEL and all kinds of error codes, traction control light etc........
Now I'm forced to abandon Bama and go with Whipple for tuning. We have to pull all the accessory parts that came with the BAMA package (plugs and fuel system), send the car PCM to Whipple for their flash, and get the fuel system and plugs specific to the Whipple package. Spending an extra 1200 dollars on top of the extra money I lost in the extras from the BAMA package.
Bama has refused to answer my calls and will give my Ford dealer the complete runarounds. Bama has failed to return my emails as well....
THis is a criminal outfit.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:05 AM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Dyno tune. Forget these mail order tunes.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:10 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

^^This^^
Old 08-03-2015, 09:21 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BillQuantrell
Just purchased an 800 hp Whipple based kit from American Muscle, tuned by BAMA. Ford dealer installed the supercharger, loaded the Bama tune from the SCT X4 device. Took the car out for a spin and the car drove terrible. At low speeds or cruising, the car bucked and surged like a mechanical bull. Called Bama, they said that the tune on the SCT is just the "startup" tune. They tell me to datalog and send them the datalog so they can make corrections. So the ford tech runs a datalog. We send it to Bama, they send back the revision......and the damn car won't even start! They say datalog some more. We do that. Get the third tune back and loaded....car starts but get CEL and all kinds of error codes, traction control light etc........
Now I'm forced to abandon Bama and go with Whipple for tuning. We have to pull all the accessory parts that came with the BAMA package (plugs and fuel system), send the car PCM to Whipple for their flash, and get the fuel system and plugs specific to the Whipple package. Spending an extra 1200 dollars on top of the extra money I lost in the extras from the BAMA package.
Bama has refused to answer my calls and will give my Ford dealer the complete runarounds. Bama has failed to return my emails as well....
THis is a criminal outfit.

Hey Bill,

Once again, I'm truly sorry that you are having such a bad experience but we'll get you taken care of!

I have provided you with my email in your other thread (william.levantovsky@americanmuscle.com) and I'm just waiting to hear from you with some more info.

We'll get you taken care of!

-Will