AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

American Muscle sucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:19 PM
2016mustang

Exclamation American Muscle sucks

I just bought my brand new 2016 ford mustang yesterday and I was on the american muscle.com website looking for some nice wheels .I came across this one set staggered 2015 mesh gt style black wheels and mickey Thompson tires kit for 754.99 ,it was too good to be true ,I clicked on it while holding my heart so it wouldn't fall out of my chess and to my surprise the price changes to 16000 . I pulled out my phone ,dialed the number on the screen and 5 minutes later I was talking to this rude ,unprofessional, untrained guy named Paul, i explained to him what was going on and first thing I said was ,ur gonna honor the price? Only took him a split second to say no ,we don't honor price sir .if we make a mistake on the website about a price ,it's just what it is ,we're not gonna give you the rims for half what they cost ,we didn't steal them you know . Right there and then I said thank you sir then hung up. .all I wanted was for them to honor that price ,I don't care if it was a price glitch on their computers, as a customer I'm expecting them to do right by me .for a big company like American Muscle to refuse to honor their advertise price is beyond me ..well they just lost me as a customer ,if I had to go thru all that before I even place an order, I wonder how much harder it would be if I had actually placed an order and wanted to fix it ....JUST BUYER BEWARE OF THAT AMERICAN MUSCLE ..http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-....html#shop-by4
Old 03-24-2016, 08:31 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Price jumped to $16,000?
Old 03-24-2016, 09:11 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

so let me get this straight, instead of understanding that mistakes happen on web sites, and that you didnt spend a dime yet, and that the site fixed the issue at checkout, you call them and expect them to give you the product at a loss? then when they dont you get on the forum, start an account, JUST, to bash AM? you sir, are the reason the word "moron" exists. AM has a very good track record, as most on this forum would agree. your story makes you look like a fool.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:32 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Do you know how stupid you sound?
Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Tombrochard

Hey, that's not right. Their website had a glitch and you wanted to take advantage of it? 2016 mustang, right? So I'm guessing that you either sold a previous car or traded yours in? And if you advertised your old car on Craigslist or some auto site and the price was wrong you should honor it anyway? Or the trade in price was wrong and the dealership should tell you "no, you can only have your new 2016 mustang if you honor the incorrect trade in price". It cuts both ways, doesn't it?

Just let it go. It's great to get a deal but not at someone else's expense
Old 03-25-2016, 07:08 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2016mustang
I just bought my brand new 2016 ford mustang yesterday and I was on the american muscle.com website looking for some nice wheels .I came across this one set staggered 2015 mesh gt style black wheels and mickey Thompson tires kit for 754.99 ,it was too good to be true ,I clicked on it while holding my heart so it wouldn't fall out of my chess and to my surprise the price changes to 16000 .

I pulled out my phone ,dialed the number on the screen and 5 minutes later I was talking to this rude ,unprofessional, untrained guy named Paul, i explained to him what was going on and first thing I said was ,ur gonna honor the price? Only took him a split second to say no ,we don't honor price sir .if we make a mistake on the website about a price ,it's just what it is ,we're not gonna give you the rims for half what they cost ,we didn't steal them you know .

Right there and then I said thank you sir then hung up. .all I wanted was for them to honor that price ,I don't care if it was a price glitch on their computers, as a customer I'm expecting them to do right by me .for a big company like American Muscle to refuse to honor their advertise price is beyond me ..well they just lost me as a customer ,if I had to go thru all that before I even place an order, I wonder how much harder it would be if I had actually placed an order and wanted to fix it

....JUST BUYER BEWARE OF THAT AMERICAN MUSCLE ..http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-....html#shop-by4
First and foremost maybe we can get a Moderator to move this out of CJPony Parts Section.

This is an unpleasant welcome of a first post and I'm usually accustomed to seeing positive comments about the company here and on the many other forums that I sit on. We don't have any Paul's that answer phones for us and I'd really like to get your phone number so we can have the call reviewed.

I apologize about the inconvenience over the phone as out customer service representative was merely doing his job, it's not something typically that they're allowed to do but I'm happy to have this set up for you

Again, I'm more than happy to honor this price for you I just need to get your information.

Because this is your first post you may not have the ability to private message me here so please shoot me an email over to alex.lazarus(at)americanmuscle(dot)com with your information and I'll make this right for you today.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Alex

Last edited by AMAlexLazarus; 03-25-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:14 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

I moved the thread.

So apparently the price jumped to sixteen thousand dollars, or was that a typo?
Old 03-25-2016, 07:19 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I have ordered quite a lot from AM and they've been nothing but professional and competitive on pricing and have the forum discount which makes it even sweeter. Keep up the great work AM
Old 03-25-2016, 07:20 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
I moved the thread.

So apparently the price jumped to sixteen thousand dollars, or was that a typo?

If they were covered in a special Gold/Platinum possibly but I think it was just a difference of $1424.01 exactly, as advertised, without the Tire Pressure Monitor Kit that will increase the price from $754.99 to $934.98, as they're not included in that price.

So here's what we're looking at fellas'

If you'll click the image about it will go right to the product page where you'll see the price change. It's a bug/Glitch and it's being fixed right now.

This is incorrect and is being fixed as we speak. If you're to click that listing on the product page the price DOES change; This is a web bug, it's being fixed right now but we'll honor this price for the original poster.

Alex

Last edited by AMAlexLazarus; 03-25-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:22 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I think you should make him stick to the 16,000 price, this works both ways...lol

Quick Reply: American Muscle sucks