Notices
Appearance Modifications Any questions or comments about interior or exterior improvements intended to make your car look better can go here!

WTB: 05-09 Front Bumper V6

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:35 AM
06Silver4.0

Default WTB: 05-09 Front Bumper V6

Morning all...I realize that this may be the wrong section for this WTB post but being a new member I think my posting and reply privledges are limited so am posting here. Im looking for a OEM front bumper for my 2006 V6, preferably in Satin Silver to save on paint costs. I recently purchased my ride that has an aftermarket bumper but the spoiler on the front is way too low to the ground for my liking. I did come across one in the "Parts for Sale" section posted by a member that goes by the handle "4.0 $tang" but again unable to respond to his post. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, cheers...D
Old 09-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

you could possibley send him a personal message, but did you check craigslist? thats where i sold mine.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

I can't quite tell if that is a stock v6 cover with a splitter added or a complete aftermarket piece. It looks like a Pony Package grille and if so a stock V6 cover is what you want. If its a GT based aftermarket cover then you'll want to get a stock GT take off to replace it. The reason being parts like the grille and inner front fender liners are different for the GT & the V6.
PM looks like your quickest way to contact 4.0 $tang.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:24 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06Silver4.0
Morning all...I realize that this may be the wrong section for this WTB post but being a new member I think my posting and reply privledges are limited so am posting here. Im looking for a OEM front bumper for my 2006 V6, preferably in Satin Silver to save on paint costs. I recently purchased my ride that has an aftermarket bumper but the spoiler on the front is way too low to the ground for my liking. I did come across one in the "Parts for Sale" section posted by a member that goes by the handle "4.0 $tang" but again unable to respond to his post. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, cheers...D
send him a private message
Old 09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
06Silver4.0

apparently I cant send pm's at this time as Im not a "registered" user yet? Im very confused by this site. Im able to post and reply to certain sections but not others. If one of you gents can shoot a quick pm to 4.0 $tang for me it would be much appreciated, cheers...Darryl
Old 09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

do you have a larger picture you can show us of your front end? cause if it is just a front lip/valance that is stuck on by 3m tape then you should be able to just remove the front and leave the bumper.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

looked through the classifieds, cant find the thread your talking about by 4.0 $tang
Old 09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 06Silver4.0
Replace the one you have with the CDC chin spoiler.
Done.

Oh, I'm moving this to the V6 section... You're likely to get more help there.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 PM
06Silver4.0

bumper and chin spoiler(think thats what its called) is all one piece. I will try and post a pic in my album since I cant do attachments right now. If you go to "Parts for Sale" section in the classifieds then go to the right hand side of the page where it says "search this forum" and type in "front bumper" Go to page 3 and 4.0 $tang's post is about half way down. It's an older post so not even sure if he still has it, but like I said Im unable to contact him with a pm. I appreciate the help, cheer...Darryl
Old 09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i was looking at ur pictures and thats just a bolt on its stuck on with 3m tape just remove it and you will be good to go

Quick Reply: WTB: 05-09 Front Bumper V6