Arizona Regional Chapter Chapter President: PHX8839

Looking for new members

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Kong1965
1st Gear Member

That person was me. Just to be clear, I have no personal dealings with Mr. Hawk outside of him telling me I had wasted my money, and that a blower would be the better option for my vehicle. When I told him I didn't want the added stress of the blower on my internals, he insisted that going N/A would be just as hard on my internals, something I've got call BS on. You talk to any manufacturer in the world and they will tell you adding forced induction creates additional risk to the life of your pistons/rods/crank, period.

As far as dyno tuning is concerned, when I asked him if he would tune my car after the parts were installed, he told me he doesn't do "dyno" tunes. He puts sensors in the O2 bungs and the exhaust tips and drives the car around to get readings, then tunes it based on that. He stated that while I may get more hp/tq out of a dyno tune, it wouldn't be streetable at all. His method was better. Surprisingly, it was just as expensive.

I do not know Mr. Hawks personally, but from the first moment our conversation began, he seemed more interested in charging me for every possible dollar he could, than in helping me get my car where I want it to be.

If others have had better experiences, more power to them.

Kong
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 PM
elboriqueno

Hey guys, I live in Tucson as well and I actually know a really good mechanic whose got alot on connections with alot of car dealers/auto enthusiasts and I know he can get some hookups on dynos if your interested.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
sbattershell

Default Extreme is the place ..

Originally Posted by scooter3
I know you are in Tucson, but if you want to make the drive hit up Extreme Performance Tuning. Marty is the owner and he will take care of you. They are out in Goodyear.
Yeah Marty is cool as can be and the Dyno is legit, real numbers not inflated BS
Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 PM
croketa1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbattershell
Yeah Marty is cool as can be and the Dyno is legit, real numbers not inflated BS
hey guys just to let you all know that if you are in az extreme is the place , i went over there on saturday and marty took the time to go over my plans , and not only that he will explain you how thing that you dont understang work, by far this is the best shop i have aver been to in az , they are not hungry for your money , instead they want to build you the best car for your buck, and find you the best prices also, i went in there thinking i knew my game and i left schooled , i really recomend extreme
Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 AM
prestidigitator2

Default Be there shortly

Moving from the CA Central Coast to Tempe/Chandler for a new job. Relatively new to the Mustang world. My '08 just broke the 100K mile mark, unfortunately.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Janorton05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by prestidigitator2
Moving from the CA Central Coast to Tempe/Chandler for a new job. Relatively new to the Mustang world. My '08 just broke the 100K mile mark, unfortunately.
Welcome. My 05 is getting ready to hit that mark.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Deki
1st Gear Member

Just FYI, over on another Mustang forum, there will be an AZ Mutang cruise to the Tortilla Flats on April 21st. It's a Saturday. Meeting place is at Tempe Market place on the far north corner at 11AM if anyone is interested. I don't know if we are allowed to post links to other forums, but PM me for more info if anyone is interested in coming. It will be fun. We'll also be planning a track day sometimes in the future, either drag strip or road course. Hope to see some of you guys there.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Some of you guys must live in your cars to get that kind of milage so fast LOL......
Old 04-08-2012, 01:49 PM
sbattershell

Default Mileage Fast ??

Originally Posted by tinman
Some of you guys must live in your cars to get that kind of milage so fast LOL......

I purchased my 2012 in July of 2011 and I already have 21K miles on it... most of those in the first 4 months... I am already shopping for tires..LOL
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Pagester

Hi all, name is Chris, just joined this forum. Bought my 2008 Vista Blue GT back in February - very much loving it so far. I've already had it out for a track day at Inde in March - tons of fun.

Quick Reply: Looking for new members