Arizona Regional Chapter Chapter President: PHX8839

Mechanic/Auto Tech in Mesa area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:13 PM
JimC

Default Mechanic/Auto Tech in Mesa area?

My son is having an issue with his 2010 Mariner (4 cylinder). He paid someone to replace the coil-on-plug and all 4 plugs but he said he still has a CEL, and his car shakes a little. He went right back and the guy said "put 91 octane in it to clean it out and drive it a few days". The guy also claims that the "entire AC system is going out and needs to be completely replaced".

Talking with my son it sounds like he may need a fuel filter, not suggested by the guy, and needs to get me the codes for his CEL for the apparent mis-fire. His AC compressor is failing it sounds like, since he said if he turns on the AC it rattles.

Since I am 2,000 miles away, and he knows less than zilch about cars, I need to find someone reliable for him to go to.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:37 AM
paul_g
1st Gear Member

Hi Jim,

I just moved to the area Chandler a few months ago, and in my search for a good auto tech, I found Christian Brothers. https://www.cbac.com/.

They may be a bit of a drive for your son, but they are listed as the top 10 auto service in the area and received 5 star ratings on both yelp and google.

I have not yet used their services, but plan on doing so based upon the reviews and research I've done.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-29-2017, 01:19 PM
JimC

Thanks - he ended up trading it in on a new car. He did a good job negotiating both the price on the new car and the trade in value. I was surprised at how well he did.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:44 PM
paul_g
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Thanks - he ended up trading it in on a new car. He did a good job negotiating both the price on the new car and the trade in value. I was surprised at how well he did.
Well, that takes care of that. And if he needs a good detailer have him give me a call: http://www.looks-so-new-autodetailing.com/

Here in AZ, UV Protection is key...