Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

ne suggestions? SUBS? AMP

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:24 AM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

Default RE: ne suggestions? SUBS? AMP

Eclipse has some 12v out. I'm not making fun of your system, or anything. Don't take this as insulting, but take it more as better luck next time. Next time you decided to go with audio for a car, or even your house, don't go to the retailers, come on places like this and ask.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:36 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

hmmph......so now we see the softer more sensible side to hisss04cobra....kinda nice actually....you should try to make all your posts sound like that....but anyways....i hear what you're sayin......in all honesty with the amount of different types of music i listen to....and for the price i paid.....i kinda feel like it's more than i needed......i probably could have gotten away with one sub and a nice 5-channel amp to power the whole system...and spent a lil extra on my speakers......oh well......thing is though...im not trying to brag about my system either.....i think for most 18 year-olds its a pretty well-balanced set-up.....as most younger guys spring for the first set of 12s/15s and cheap *** amp to power them....and don't even replace the factory radio....but back to the point....even my 2 10s can hold their own against the majority of 12s/15s out there when it comes to SPL...and the SQ is pretty damn good to if i say so myself....i've heard systems with W6 and W7s and i like the balance of mine better.....but next time i WILL do more research......i'm not gettin rid of my radio as long as i have that car though.....because it has the 512 different colors for the buttons and i have them matching the interior lighting of my '00 perfectly....most of the newer radios (no matter what brand) have gotten rid of this feature....even though that eclipse has 12V preouts...wouldnt the caps make up for some of it?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:05 PM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

I had the alpine 9835 its a nice radio.Yes it has 4 volt pre outs but now i run the 8 volt eclipse.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:34 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fastzook

I had the alpine 9835 its a nice radio.Yes it has 4 volt pre outs but now i run the 8 volt eclipse.
well i'm sure you need the extra pre out voltage for the massive system you have...lol...i like eclipse's DD navi unit....but i like the styling of their older radios...and don't they not have detachable faceplates?....my buddy had one of the older eclipse radios and he got his truck broken into because his faceplate was visible...and they took his radio

btw...i don't know if i posted this before....but your avatar is tite man....lol
Old 04-25-2006, 04:44 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

You have 4-Gauge and two caps for a 4-Channel and a 1000w Mono? If you go to any real audio shop they will tell you that having rear speakers is virtually pointless. Any bass that comes from them is going to be over shown by the woofers. And any highs they put out aren't going to be worth a shlt since they are coaxial speakers. If you really wanted sound coming from the rear (Although it's a stereo signal, meaning theres only two speakers playing, thus incresing my arguement for not having rear speakers) why not just put a small midbass, like a 3" midrange. You paid for 5x7's you shouldn't have. that extra what...$150 you spent on those speakers why not stepped up to some Type-X front componet speakers and had awesome sound in the front. Thats where you sit anyways, who cares how it sounds in the back. I'll bet you this, go out remove those 5x7's and re-adjust you settings for your fronts I'd put money on it sounding better simply if you removed those, let alone if you upgraded to awesome front speakers rather than ok ones. And another thing, with only 2 instead of four speakers it would be so much easier to match the sound stage, trying to get 4 speakers to hit your ears at the same time instead of 2? And you could have gotten a cleaner two channel instead of a bigger 4-channel. It all adds up to you paying extra for something you don't really need and is actually hurting you in the end. But it's your car your choice, you do what you think works best. At the end of the day though I know who's car sounds better.

I just read this
even though that eclipse has 12V preouts...wouldnt the caps make up for some of it?
No, no it wouldn't in fact a head-units pre-outs and a capacitor have minimal relation to each other. Just because a cap says it helps SQ and a head-unit actually does effect SQ doesn't mean they do the same thing, and no your caps you bought were again money down the drain... Basically.

And one rung below Alpine's top of the line is a false statement, you'd be much better off saying 2 from the bottom. Type-X's and all the F-1 products is far, far beyond the Type-R series. And I don't know if theres been that much in price decrease since you got this system but your 10" Type-R's should only have been like $150.

I hope your not taking this as me being an *** either, none of us really are we save that for the real idiots. Hiss, Bones, Sinister, myself we sound like dicks half the time but we're just being honest with people. The people that most **** me off are those that because they have a system in their car, they think they are Audiophiles. And they come in here telling people that Alpine, Rockford and Audiobahn and anything with a big name are the best out there and they arent.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

ORIGINAL: seight311

I hope your not taking this as me being an *** either, none of us really are we save that for the real idiots. Hiss, Bones, Sinister, myself we sound like dicks half the time but we're just being honest with people. The people that most **** me off are those that because they have a system in their car, they think they are Audiophiles. And they come in here telling people that Alpine, Rockford and Audiobahn and anything with a big name are the best out there and they arent.
If only everyone else could understand this...
Old 04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

like i said....i'm not bragging about my system...and yes i do regret not getting the Type-X front speakers because the Type-Rs output is a little weak....and yes i DID want to do some midbass in the kickpanels...owner told me i wouldn't need em...and actually i probably won't go back to him.....i'm not saying Alpine is the best either.....although i am kinda offended you mentioned it in the same sentence as AUDIOBAHN....btu anyways...you are right bout the F#1 status being the TOP of the line....but if i had the money i would probably do a audison/focal set up...or mcintosh...or brax.....or hertz audio...or elemental designs...and btw...i do have my fader up to the front a little bit because the rears were overpowering because of the sound reflecting off the rear window and their being mounted HIGHER than the front door speakers....and as for the caps.... i never said they help with SQ....they keep my amps at 13.8 to 14 volts constantly.....instead of 11.5 to 12.....which obviously is a STRONGER power supply...never once did i say my system was better than anyone else's here and never once did i say Alpine was superior...i said I am an Alpine fan...i like their HUs the best as far as aesthetics and ease of use....but the newer ones coming out seem kinda cheap to me so I won't be getting rid of my radio anytime soon....however if i do change anything on my system in the near future I would probably add the Type-X front speakers.....i have actually played around with the fader and too my ears...it sounds better having some sound coming from the rear...rather than having all of the sound coming out of the front and then just the subs....it sounds better with MOST of the sound coming from the front and I probably could have gotten away with the Type-S in the rear....but for now....the system is going to stay how it is....I'm more concerned with performance now

and my HUs time correction adjustment helps with the sounds hitting my ears at the same time....and hisss04.....i know DD is a very respectable brand and never said Alpine was superior.....i never heard of RE......but if YOU compare them to DD....i'll take your word for it......and i never claimed to be an expert in car audio.....i know more than the average joe.....but not nearly enough to be labeled an expert.....the guy was asking for advice.....i gave my opinion....you guys have to realize that he's not looking for a 150 SPL system or one with PHENOMENAL SQ....my system (in my mind and to my hears) strikes a pretty good balance between BUMP and SQ....i do wish for more midbass and better more balanced highs.....but this is only my SECOND system....my first was a Blaupunkt radio from COSTCO....some Alpine Type-S Coaxs and 2 POS Sony 10s pushed by an Alpine MRD-M501....i then uprgraded to the 9835.....and that was in my previous car a 95 CONTOUR....so i am ADMITTING that i don't have a LOT of experience with car audio....i'm still learning but my current set-up is a HELL of a lot better than my 1st system....as i'm sure you'd agree
Old 04-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

ORIGINAL: laserred38

like i said....i'm not bragging about my system...and yes i do regret not getting the Type-X front speakers because the Type-Rs output is a little weak....and yes i DID want to do some midbass in the kickpanels...owner told me i wouldn't need em...and actually i probably won't go back to him.....i'm not saying Alpine is the best either.....although i am kinda offended you mentioned it in the same sentence as AUDIOBAHN....btu anyways...you are right bout the F#1 status being the TOP of the line....but if i had the money i would probably do a audison/focal set up...or mcintosh...or brax.....or hertz audio...or elemental designs...and btw...i do have my fader up to the front a little bit because the rears were overpowering because of the sound reflecting off the rear window and their being mounted HIGHER than the front door speakers....and as for the caps.... i never said they help with SQ....they keep my amps at 13.8 to 14 volts constantly.....instead of 11.5 to 12.....which obviously is a STRONGER power supply...never once did i say my system was better than anyone else's here and never once did i say Alpine was superior...i said I am an Alpine fan...i like their HUs the best as far as aesthetics and ease of use....but the newer ones coming out seem kinda cheap to me so I won't be getting rid of my radio anytime soon....however if i do change anything on my system in the near future I would probably add the Type-X front speakers.....i have actually played around with the fader and too my ears...it sounds better having some sound coming from the rear...rather than having all of the sound coming out of the front and then just the subs....it sounds better with MOST of the sound coming from the front and I probably could have gotten away with the Type-S in the rear....but for now....the system is going to stay how it is....I'm more concerned with performance now

and my HUs time correction adjustment helps with the sounds hitting my ears at the same time....and hisss04.....i know DD is a very respectable brand and never said Alpine was superior.....i never heard of RE......but if YOU compare them to DD....i'll take your word for it......and i never claimed to be an expert in car audio.....i know more than the average joe.....but not nearly enough to be labeled an expert.....the guy was asking for advice.....i gave my opinion....you guys have to realize that he's not looking for a 150 SPL system or one with PHENOMENAL SQ....my system (in my mind and to my hears) strikes a pretty good balance between BUMP and SQ....i do wish for more midbass and better more balanced highs.....but this is only my SECOND system....my first was a Blaupunkt radio from COSTCO....some Alpine Type-S Coaxs and 2 POS Sony 10s pushed by an Alpine MRD-M501....i then uprgraded to the 9835.....and that was in my previous car a 95 CONTOUR....so i am ADMITTING that i don't have a LOT of experience with car audio....i'm still learning but my current set-up is a HELL of a lot better than my 1st system....as i'm sure you'd agree
Hmmm, your altenator drops to 11.5 volts, while the car is running, with only a 1000 watt amp? That doesn't sound right... and how do you think the caps are charged? From the altenator, which puts more stress on it...
Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

As long as your happy with your stereo thats all that matters.I had that alpine h/u that sh*t was nice. The only reason i got rid of mine is because it would start skiping at 149+dbs.Other than that i had no problems
Old 04-25-2006, 08:11 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra
Hmmm, your altenator drops to 11.5 volts, while the car is running, with only a 1000 watt amp? That doesn't sound right... and how do you think the caps are charged? From the altenator, which puts more stress on it...
that was on my old contour with an alternator which was about the same size as a snail....and yes that is true.......

Quick Reply: ne suggestions? SUBS? AMP