Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #11
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to laserred38
Default RE: Sweet idea - 87-93 Fox Owners!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: speakerman86

Lexus was the first company I know of to put the clear tailights on their vehicles. The smoke tailights probably dont look too bad, just be careful about cops in your area if they dont like them. in Fl the cops would make you snap the smoked covers in half. b@st@rds......
yes lexus was the first and we should curse them and parent company toyota for starting one of the worst car trends ever....and i admit when they first came out i thought they were kinda cool cuz only a few cars could get them....but now YUCK!!!!....and yea i know about the cops....my dad IS one and he told me he didnt mind if i did it but if i got pulled over he wouldnt sign off on it because i knew it was illegal (same with headlights with clear corners)....actually i have had 2 or 3 cops and CHPs right behind me and never got pulled over...KNOCK ON WOOD...but yea...stupid lexus!!!!!!!!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
laserred38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #12
cjc5.0mustang

my buddy girl friend had a 1993 buick that had factory clears so lex was not first with clears lenses maybe euro lights
cjc5.0mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #13
seight311
5th Gear Member

When your doing this light... I once asked a city cop that patrolled my high school and he told me the legalities on exterior lighting. Red, Amber, Orange are the only colors who's source can be seen.(Or can light up a portion of your car)
All other colors can only have the light being portrayed on the ground.
I agree white would be neat but you can't because you would get tickted because white lights are reserved for backing up only.
These are the laws in Iowa anyway, I remember like 10 years ago every state had different specific colors you could have and I think within the last few years they all made it standard to what I just told you. Im not 100% sure so check with an authority if you want to make sure everything's legal, but if you don't care and can afford several of these smaller tickets then who cares, disregard what I said.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:56 AM   #14
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to laserred38

Quote:
ORIGINAL: seight311

When your doing this light... I once asked a city cop that patrolled my high school and he told me the legalities on exterior lighting. Red, Amber, Orange are the only colors who's source can be seen.(Or can light up a portion of your car)
All other colors can only have the light being portrayed on the ground.
I agree white would be neat but you can't because you would get tickted because white lights are reserved for backing up only.
These are the laws in Iowa anyway, I remember like 10 years ago every state had different specific colors you could have and I think within the last few years they all made it standard to what I just told you. Im not 100% sure so check with an authority if you want to make sure everything's legal, but if you don't care and can afford several of these smaller tickets then who cares, disregard what I said.
this is true in CA too...however depends how bright too as to how noticeable it would be if you could get away with it...and WHAT buick to the above??
laserred38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
davidbatmanfan

Vehicle: 1988 LX Mustang
David Paul Hovik

Twisty my ex did the same and my new wife pretty much did the same. Haha
davidbatmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags