Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sweet idea - 87-93 Fox Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
ProjectRedhead

Default Sweet idea - 87-93 Fox Owners!

Now Ive got this idea floating in my head for the restoration of my new 89 mustang (its new to me). Now check out this idea:

I dont know if its been done before, but i was gonna heat a razor blade, cut out "Mustang" from the front and back bumper, Take a piece of clear plexiglass, tint it black and fit it behind the "Mustang" cut-outs, and hook up neon lights underneath, so at night, just flip a switch and "Mustang" glows with power. Cool huh? I might do it, but i think cutting out pieces of a bumber can be troublesome... how can i go about doing this?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
bonesninja
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Sweet idea - 87-93 Fox Owners!

ORIGINAL: ProjectRedhead

Now Ive got this idea floating in my head for the restoration of my new 89 mustang (its new to me). Now check out this idea:

I dont know if its been done before, but i was gonna heat a razor blade, cut out "Mustang" from the front and back bumper, Take a piece of clear plexiglass, tint it black and fit it behind the "Mustang" cut-outs, and hook up neon lights underneath, so at night, just flip a switch and "Mustang" glows with power. Cool huh? I might do it, but i think cutting out pieces of a bumber can be troublesome... how can i go about doing this?
i would use a rotozip or similar for that task. go very slow and take your time i would also leave the front alone and just do the rear
Old 05-01-2006, 12:13 AM
ProjectRedhead

is that like a dremel tool?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Melectrok
2nd Gear Member

about about the foam and metal behind the bumper cover, you would have to hollow out a hole to offset a light behind it. how would you accomplish this.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:19 AM
britt21
3rd Gear Member

if u do do this...

use a white light or somthing....
Old 05-01-2006, 03:51 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

um, isn't that, um, ricey? are you going to add neon lights next?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:39 PM
speakerman86
2nd Gear Member

How would one define "ricey"? The guy wants something unique for his stang. That's like saying that a turbo is ricey eventhough the 2.3L mustangs came with turbo. Each person has their own preferences.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speakerman86

How would one define "ricey"? The guy wants something unique for his stang. That's like saying that a turbo is ricey eventhough the 2.3L mustangs came with turbo. Each person has their own preferences.
ricey-BLING!
not ricey-ZING!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:59 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

i see what you're sayin.....but if done tastefully and ONLY on the mustang letters i think it would be pretty unique.....not ricey....and while i do have a set of headlights with clear corners i dont think i am RICEY at ALL.....my old 2000 spec headlights were fading and i like the way clear corners look since they match up with the other silver on the car...just gives it a more streamlined look...gee hope my smoked tails arent RICEY either...and what about cars in europe (and yes japan) that come with clear lights STANDARD
Old 05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
speakerman86
2nd Gear Member

Lexus was the first company I know of to put the clear tailights on their vehicles. The smoke tailights probably dont look too bad, just be careful about cops in your area if they dont like them. in Fl the cops would make you snap the smoked covers in half. b@st@rds......

Quick Reply: Sweet idea - 87-93 Fox Owners!