Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

know about dvd player/laptops????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 12:26 AM
331foxSC

Default know about dvd player/laptops????

Anyone know where i can get a good built in dvd player w/screen for my car? also i want to get a laptop computer so i can see realtime what is going on with my motor and to manualy control specs. are there any computer/dvd players out there?
Old 04-10-2004, 05:11 AM
schardt_greg

Default RE: know about dvd player/laptops????

WEST COAST CUSTOMS!

Just kidding, but if you live in California, they do some crazy stuff.

Greg

'65 Fastback
Old 05-07-2004, 05:49 AM
Marc_03GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: know about dvd player/laptops????

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. If I were you I wouldn't go with the laptop thing. There are small(ish) computers that are designed to go in your car. You would just need to put an LCD (I would go with at least a 7") and you can get a wireless (go with bluetooth...30ft range through walls) keyboard with a mouse built in. You can get a DVD-rom drive for the computer and then you could play anything (DVD, VCD, CD, CD-RW, AVI files, video games, etc). As far as monitoring and controlling your cars computer I know there are companies out there that make stuff that uses the serial port on the computer but no names come to mind. Check out some of the ricer sites and remember Google is your friend. If you find something and your not sure if it will work shoot me the link and I'll take a look at it. The computer will cost between $300 for a low end to $800 for something nice. Good luck in your search.

-Marc