Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Anti-theft system

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:51 PM
stangshifter

Default Anti-theft system

I have a 98 V-6 stang which I bought a few months ago. It has the factory keyless enty system but the anti-theft system doesn't seem to work. Was this optional? The light of the dash only lights up briefly when I start the car but doesn't flash at all when locking the doors either manually or woth the remote. Is there any way to activate this feature or what do I need to add it on? I'm trying to stay with Ford genuine equiptment.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Cobranut

Default RE: Anti-theft system

I just bought a new MACH 1 and there is no alarm system available.
It is keyless entry and a coded key system only.
What the heck is Ford thinking?
Most of the hardware is there for an actual alarm, why they don't include it I don't know.

Does anyone know of an alarm system which will work with the Ford keyless entry?
All it needs to do is take the lock/unlock signals from the Ford system to arm/disarm, provide the logic to monitor the door switches and a shock sensor, and provide an output for a siren.
A system like this would be easy to install and wouldn't require chopping up your wiring harness.

Any info would be appreciated.

David
Old 07-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Krusher
3rd Gear Member

the theft deterant system, I believe, is standard on all newer cars... keep in mind this is not an alarm but an anti-theft deterant... the hook-ups for an alarm are there but the alarm was not stock... kinda like how some models came pre-wired for fog lights but didn't come with fog lights... Ford sometimes does things that make us wonder... but I'm sure it's all about money somewhere... maybe it was too expensive to not put the hook-ups in some and put them in others?
Old 07-03-2004, 06:22 PM
sirjackiestewart

So that THEFT light that flashes in my car is only a deterant system what cheeze... My winter car is a 1994 STS and my security light flashes and when you try and open the doors manually from the inside the alarm activates....
Old 07-03-2004, 06:36 PM
SCARFACE
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangshifter

I have a 98 V-6 stang which I bought a few months ago. It has the factory keyless enty system but the anti-theft system doesn't seem to work. Was this optional? The light of the dash only lights up briefly when I start the car but doesn't flash at all when locking the doors either manually or woth the remote. Is there any way to activate this feature or what do I need to add it on? I'm trying to stay with Ford genuine equiptment.
get a real alarm system dude!
Old 07-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Kathi

Hi. I’ve have started experiencing a similar problem, but with a twist. The theft light will flash sometimes when I start the engine. The first occurrence was about 3 weeks ago. The car had been sitting in the parking garage at work for about 8 hours (cold engine). I watched it for a few moments looking for any type of flash pattern. It was just a constant fast flash. I turned the car off and back on again with no problem. The next episode was this past weekend and I was out running errands. The car was parked outside in a parking lot for about 30 minutes in the sun while I was shopping (engine would have still been warm too). Again, no hesitation when starting the car. The third time was this morning. The car was cold after having sat all night, and no hesitation in the start up. No pattern in the flash.

This is a ’98 convertible that I have had for 5 years. I just turned 60,000 miles on it this past weekend. Original key. Though, on inspection of the key, you can see that it has some small gold-color markings on the silver part of the key. Could that be causing some type of misinformation when the chip is communicating? Should I be worried? Should I start using my other key and trash this one (would hate to do that). Is this something that I should have the dealer reprogram the key for?

I am absolutely new to this forum and found this topic after doing a “searchâ€. (Yeah Sidewayz 4.6, I read your warning about not posting questions without first doing a search)…

Any help or information that any of you can provide with regarding this would be very much appreciated!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Krusher
3rd Gear Member

more than happy to help... PM or email me... or get on AIM (silvstang43) if I'm there and contact me and I will walk you through it and we can figure it out... where are you? You might be able to get some hands on help if you're close.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:41 AM
Rizzox58

ya i have the same thing, i called this alarm shop by me, i thought it was an aftermarket alarm installed on it, so i told them that...and he said it sounded like it with the LED in the window and siren...he said he can hook me up with a transmitter and remotes for bout 50 bucks? i mean the wirings all there, why not...u think itll work? thanks!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 PM
dollface

Ya so I bought my 97 v6 stang bout 3 months ago came with a key fob which did not work at all and my theft light flashes as well every time I start my car then it goes off but there is a small led on the dash I am thinking maybe after market does anyone know and can I do a factory key less or do I have to do after market on that as well, would be nice to not have to open my door with a key every time...