Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Me vs. '89 Mustang radio harness...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 05:22 PM
DanHS
1st Gear Member

Default Me vs. '89 Mustang radio harness...

I'm trying to get my cd player in, after fighting with the radio and the pins that would not release the tabs until I began to take the dash apart (one last try before taking apart the dash and the radio finally came right out), I found that the Ford radio harness was a big jumble of different color wires that made no sense at all. I seem to be hearing about a wiring harness adapter available anywhere, so I can just walk into best buy and say I have an '89 Ford and need an adapter for my Pioneer CD deck? What is it, something with places for the old harness to plug in on one end, and places to connect the new harness' wires on the other? while I'm asking, should I buy some nicer back speakers? The stock ones are pretty loud, but I'm not looking to go blasting out everyone's ears, so I don't want to go bigger. But if new speaker technology makes much better sounding speakers than 1989 speaker technology, then I'll buy new speakers. Until then, is it bad that my speakers have disattached themselves from the speaker grilles? The plastic where the screws are cracked, and the speakers are lying against the insulation on the fender.