Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

new system?

Old 07-04-2003, 03:28 AM
Matt14

Default new system?

[wasn't sure what forum this would fall under - if it doesn't fit here, my bad]</P>

anyway, here's the deal - i just got myself a 95 stang, but the head unit sucks...the rest of the system isn't as bad even though it's just the factory stuff (mach 460).</P>

</P>

i'm lookin for an update. what would you generally recommend sub-wise, amp-wise, and IDR-wise? certain brand? certain amount of watts (min and/or max)? anything?</P>

</P>

being pretty new to systems, i dunno what's the best i could get for the price. some people tell me to get rockford-fosgate, others tell me i should get kicker...then someone else says both of those suck, get lightning instead. i really dunno what to think at this point. any input is appriciated.</P>
Old 07-04-2003, 06:26 AM
horatio102
4th Gear Member

Default new system?

Get whatever you like.
I personally like Eclipse head units. If you're not familiar with them you owe it to yourself to look them up. The theft replacement warranty is a bonus.
I also like Clarion pro audio head units. I've had the one in my truck since 97 or 98, and it's been moved in and out of 3 different vehicles. Still works like a champ.
As far as amps go I REALLY like the older Fosgate Series 1 amps. I had a 2600x which I sold to a friend and bought the 4600x that I've got now. Before that I also had a 2300 that I borrowed from a friend. Not high powered, but clean and decent enough power.
My sub I've got is a Phoenix Gold X-max 12, powered by a PG XS2500. Seems to work.

I'm actually not a major audiophile. I just like my music clean and loud (windows open at 90, still hear the radio). Pretty much anything would work.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Matt14

Default new system?

I heard clarion was nice, well, pretty much everyone who's listened to 'em says they're nice for the price. Amp wise, R-F was what I was thinking of getting too, so is the 4600x noticably better than the 2600x? Or would I be better off getting the weaker one (depending on price/performance, dunno what each of those run at).</P>

Sub wise, I hear that Strokers are the best. But I've never listened to 'em before, so I dunno how they compare to others. If anyone else here has, whattaya think?</P>
Old 02-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: new system?

Ok U want a KICK *** STEREO?? get
a ALPINE DECK, KICKER L7 SUBS AND A KICKER AMP YOU WILL BLOW EVERYONE OUT OF THE WATER.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

jimmz that would be an awesome set up but expensive too an alpine head a class d mtx amp and a good sub wiil definatley make you happy
Old 03-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Krusher
3rd Gear Member

theft replacement is a crock... I had mine stolen... oh well... I bought an alpine with a detachable face... a little bit less of a target than the whole thing there.
ORIGINAL: horatio102

Get whatever you like.
&lt;br /&gt;I personally like Eclipse head units. If you're not familiar with them you owe it to yourself to look them up. The theft replacement warranty is a bonus.
&lt;br /&gt;I also like Clarion pro audio head units. I've had the one in my truck since 97 or 98, and it's been moved in and out of 3 different vehicles. Still works like a champ.
&lt;br /&gt;As far as amps go I REALLY like the older Fosgate Series 1 amps. I had a 2600x which I sold to a friend and bought the 4600x that I've got now. Before that I also had a 2300 that I borrowed from a friend. Not high powered, but clean and decent enough power.
&lt;br /&gt;My sub I've got is a Phoenix Gold X-max 12, powered by a PG XS2500. Seems to work.
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;I'm actually not a major audiophile. I just like my music clean and loud (windows open at 90, still hear the radio). Pretty much anything would work.
&lt;br /&gt;
Old 03-14-2004, 07:53 PM
souron
1st Gear Member

well it all depends on a few factors:

1:do you like lots of bass, or do you want it musical
2: is there a brand you like?
and most important of all: how much you wanna spend
Old 03-30-2004, 09:58 PM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

In my opinion boston acoustic speakers are some of the best out there. I've always liked pioneer decks too.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:13 AM
D1g1tal V3n0m
I ♥ Acer

If you want components then the Diamond Audio M651 (If you which I bet you will need) a 5 1/4" speaker. 199$. JBL 600.1 or JBL 1200.1 for amp if you want to save money. Adire Audio Shiva or IDQ and many other subs out there (I'm using a Diamond Audio sub myself). Hifonics 100x2 or 75x2. Build your own box (I used to do it and it is so easy I can't believe people payed me to do it LOL). Some sound deadedning. www.knukonceptz.com for your wiring (Good for the price). There is a great set up for the money. Head unit? Clarion HX-D10. 250$. Was a 800$ HU. Great sound quality etc.

There is just an idea and my set up. If you need me to piece one together or whatever just ask and I will see what I can do. My set up that I listed is mostly SQ for the price.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:38 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Hey man, i got a deal for you, i bought a sony x-plod 1000 watt amp and 2 12" sony subs, its an awesome sound even though they are x-plods, i used them for about 2 months then my old cd player took a crap on me, so i have them sitting here, and im needing to get rid of em so i can make payments on my stang. the amp runs about $200 new and the subs are still about $150 each, I'll sell them to you for $300. if your interested drop me line at dune_buggy_man@hotmail.com , subject subs and amp. people tell me that they will do just that, explode, but even if they are turned down you still get a lot more from your music, i like sony just because they are inexpensive and if your looking for a descent system for a beginner, I'd look at this one

Black Mage