Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Stangmods.com HID kits & HID aiming

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:22 AM
cdottrot

Default Stangmods.com HID kits & HID aiming

I've been corresponding with Matt from Stangmods.com (who has been very quick to respond and very helpful I might add!), and he has informed me that they use Xenon bulbs and Phillips ballasts. From the previous HID posts I've been searching through, the Phillips kit is recommended. When they say 'kit', do they mean Phillips bulbs AND ballast? Or just the Phillips ballast? Are the Xenon bulbs recommended? I'd be looking to get the foglight kit as well as the headlight kit in 4300K colour.

Also, has anyone had issues with aiming the headlights so they aren't blinding to oncoming drivers? Matt also informed me about their deal on the projector headlamps w. HID kit: the HIDs do not fit in the projector part, meaning the whole argument about projectors fixing the beam spread issue is null and void. Anybody with HIDs to comment on this? Are the stock headlamps okay as long as you aim them down? I'd really like to have HID, but not at the expense of other people's vision.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 PM
klapdout
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Stangmods.com HID kits & HID aiming

dont use the stock headlamps, you cant just aim them down
either retrofit for hids, or buy xenons, xenons work great and will be far cheaper

info here http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ for info

explains with pics why to NEVER use stock headlamps http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3505
Old 11-09-2006, 01:41 AM
cdottrot

Default RE: Stangmods.com HID kits & HID aiming

Yep, I went with Stangmods.com's projector+hid kit. From the pictures, looks like cutoff is pretty good, so I should be safe with regards to oncoming traffic. I'm also getting the fog light kit for some added luminous goodness. Probably just use it on the darker roads.

I was also misinformed about fitment: The HID kits for the STOCK headlamps won't fit the projectors, as the projectors use a different bulb. Also, the projectors are semi-bi-xenon, in that they retain the highbeam function with a halogen lamp.

I'll post a mini-review here when I get the parts installed.

Also, found my stang! 2003 GT convertible in black with the 40th anniversary wheels. 33kms on it, for a good price, too! If all goes REALLY well, I'll have it this weekend!