Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Rear Speaker grills in a 1990 gt convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Gam8788

Default Rear Speaker grills in a 1990 gt convertible

Has anyone had any problems with one side of the grills being loose? The one side has two screws holding the cover down. The other side is loose and catches when people sit in the rear seat. I was wandering if someone has fixed this problem? Greg
Old 08-26-2004, 11:38 AM
gwargantua

Default RE: Rear Speaker grills in a 1990 gt convertible

I've got a '91 and the passenger side speaker grill keeps falling out on me too. Have you taken yours apart ? I pulled mine out and the side without screws just has tabs to hold it in place. Maybe the tabs are broken off on yours ? Or maybe they've just popped out and you can take the whole assembly out and press them back in again ? Actually the opposite side of mine broke. The part of the body the screws fit into are broken off. The interiors of these cars are cheap, seems like everything is barely held on.

Do you have anything besides a single screw holding on your door speaker grills ? I just got my car and can't figure that one out. Mine are just hanging by one screw, there are some little extrusions on the back of the grill that look like they should fit into something, but perhaps they're missing on mine. Seems like there should be tabs or clips or something else holding them on.

Anyway, I'm thinking what I'll have to do for the rear speaker grills is make some tabs out of aluminum and rivet or screw them into place. You may be able to do something like that on yours if your tabs are broken, or just find the whole assembly in a junk yard or something. Good luck !