Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

TYPE R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:20 AM
lrall
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: TYPE R!!!

your missing 2 cylinders....i bet you hook like crazy w/ those drag radials, i mean those 6ers have TORQUE
Old 01-03-2007, 01:27 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

1. It was a stupid question. Had I not posted that what was this post going to have 5 of you type "No". And one type "Yes"
2. As far as im concerned JL is a above average company. If I told someone to get RE, Adire, Mcintosh, Focal etc. everyone would start asking who they are and are they really good and do I have proof and blah blah blah it's easier to just reply with a nationally recognized company that is decent and sorry to say but JL just so happens to be that company.
12 " type R single in an open box.
WTF is an open box.
4 type S door speakers, and a dual fold out touch screen. Subs powered on a Sony 2002gtr amp.
Sounds amazing. and i payed under 1500 for it all. (I love working at best buy)
Congrats, I could add a single 10" (anything) and a JL Clean Sweep to my factory Mach system and be under $600 at retail, and sorry but it'll sound better.
Telling us ppl who get them are stupid doesnt tell us ****.
How does that not tell you anything? It tells you that someone who purchases an Alpine Type R Subwoofer and says it proudly and honestly feels that it is anything more than a C- grade driver is an idiot.

Stop liking what you see on Pimp My Ride andUnique Whips and go to a real car audio shop (Not a place that sells vaccuums and crock pots)and listen to as many speakers andamps. And play with as manyhead unitsas you can before you praise and influence so many nieve youngsters.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:38 AM
lrall
2nd Gear Member

I think alot of the problem with people not knowing what sounds good/ is good is the fact that theyve never seen the brand, ive been around the audiobahns and the sonys and whatnot. There is a difference between loud and sounding good. Out of the 4 companies you mentioned (RE, Adire, Mcintosh, Foccal) ive heard of 1, i Almost bought some Focal speakers. Id be interested to hear your views on those brands, in this industry it is alot of 'you get what you pay for'. Also i like in a town of 30K so we dont have alot of big audio stores, the ones we did closed and left, one of them because we were outselling their main store...wtf....anyway. I came off as an *******, im sorry but i just have to laugh when people buy the cool 'square subs cuz they sound better' whatever, your money i guess. Ill stick with my JL and pioneer stuff, Sony will NEVER be in any of my cars nor will audiobahn. im surprised the 'audio systems are just weight why do u want that' hasnt come up
-lr
Old 01-03-2007, 02:03 AM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

**** both of you. I ask a simple question and you act like total ****. And im not missing anything in my engine bitch. If you wanna own up to your ****, then youll grab your ***** and actually help some of else out who just want to learn what the **** we are doing, instead of mocking us. Great your ****ing better then us, fine if you wont even bother showing some respect, il go elsewhere.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:14 AM
lrall
2nd Gear Member

Alright dude, chill. From what i know/see/hear, 2 12's WILL fit in a mustang but its CRAZY to try and fit it in, 'verts are even more tight. So whats the best set up? if you want gangsta bass go with the 2 10s. If you want just a nice bump go with a good 10 or even an 8. I have a 10 inch W3v2 with an a1200 amp an it bumps pretty damn hard even through my trunk. No i dont drive a mustang, but my next car is going to be a cobra, thats a different thread. Parents get in teh way. anyway. On to the good/bad brands. JL Audio is good stuff, the only complain people have is they are slightly more expensive than others. JL also underrates their stuff, you can push them harder than they say. Alpine is loud bass, not clean, sounds well crappy. Sony is just plain trash, XPLOD...'nuff said, square subs in general arent going to sound good, if square was good why dont they make square mids or tweeters? Also Audiobahn sucks, the whole chrome thing? while it may look cool its just that, looks. They put lead weights in their amps to make them heavy(duh) and USUALLY the heavier an amp the more power/durable. im done ranting, question me i will answer to the best of my ability, didnt mean to **** you off so bad
Old 01-03-2007, 02:38 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

ORIGINAL: lrall

your missing 2 cylinders....i bet you hook like crazy w/ those drag radials, i mean those 6ers have TORQUE
You are aware that people have been banned for such comments right. Please keep the smart *** comments about sixers to yourself, because nobody wants to hear them.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:41 AM
lrall
2nd Gear Member

just rufflin' his feathers, no harm meant, i give my buddies crap all the time....my bad, i like black rims tho!!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:43 AM
africkanV6
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lrall

just rufflin' his feathers, no harm meant, i give my buddies crap all the time....my bad, i like black rims tho!!
wutta bitch. go get a mustang before u start **** on the forums.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:48 AM
lrall
2nd Gear Member

not gonna start anything more, i dont get the point of a MUSTANG having a V6[:'(] i just dont. So if i buy a mustang i can start all the "****" i want? I was a ********, appologized and now you come back and start again. My mom is scared of V8s too, but guess what im buying? I refuse to drive an automatic OR v6 mustang
-lr
Old 01-03-2007, 02:55 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

OK, everybody STOP. Get back on topic, and keep the comments to yourself. If you don't like V6s, fine, keep it to yourself, sixers, quit going on the extreme defense, he said he was sorry, and nuff said, get back on topic or I will have administration intervene. There hasn't been a flaming V6 vs. V8 war in a long time, and I'm not about to stand by and watch another.

Quick Reply: TYPE R!!!