Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Stereo problem!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 09:56 PM
2grumpy4me

Default Stereo problem!

I hada pioneer stereo installed in my 97 mustang with the 450 mach sound system. When I push any 4 of the power window buttons the sound cuts out.I'm at a loss!</P>
Old 06-14-2003, 04:57 AM
MustangGTRocks
2nd Gear Member

Default Stereo problem!

I'm not sure, I wish I could help, but to tell the truth I need help also... My CD player and tape player are the only parts of my 2000 mach 460 system that work.... well I say the tape player works but I am not sure....Whenever I turn it on to Am/Fm it just goes back to the CD player....If anyone has had this problem please help me!!
Old 06-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Snake
1st Gear Member

Default Stereo problem!

grumpy, my best friend who also does a lot of car stereo installs was here when I read this thread. I'm going to try to remember what he said earlier, we went out and I've got the late night/early morning beer haze going on. He said something about the remote wire on your stereo possibly being connected to one of the fuses or wires for the power windows, and that when you hit the button it may cause a lapse in power which causes the deck to lose power. That was the only idea he had, other than that he had no idea what it could be. He did say that connecting that remote wire to the power windows fuse would be a really dumb idea. That was the only idea he came up with though, and this sort of thing is right up his alley. If that's not the problem then he says he has no idea... sorry man
Old 06-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Justang46L
1st Gear Member

Default Stereo problem!

i've had similar problems with my mach 460. my radio reception was terrible, along w/ inability to control the volume, or switching from cd to tape and back again. i decided to pull the radio out myself and take a look at the connections. through trial and error, i found that if what i think is the ground wire (looking at the back of the stereo, it's on the left, hooked on the back by a piece of metal that's bent out of the case)is disconnected, everything works fine. i honestly don't know why it worked, but i suggest trying it, it doesn't take five minutes
Old 07-05-2003, 01:28 AM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

Default Stereo problem!

take the pioneer back to who installed it.. if you did the install yourself, pull the radio out and make sure the brown white wire is not hooked up to anything. it is the cell phone mute switch. also check to make sure you dont have the dimmer wires or remote wires hooked up to anything. i used to be an installer for 6 years. hope that helps. as far as radio reception in a mustang, its not good. i have all clarion pro video and pro audio eqs dsp and head unit. i still get trash fm recption
Old 07-07-2003, 03:29 AM
MustangGTRocks
2nd Gear Member

Default Stereo problem!

Well, I still can't figure out what the problem is! I need to figure it out soon because my cd's are getting old!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:00 AM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

Default Stereo problem!

IF YOU ARE STILL IN WARRANTY, TAKE IT IN TO THE DEALER. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A SHORT. EASY WAY TO GET MUCH BETTER SOUND IS DROP A CLARION IN IT... FOR CLARITY AND SOUND QUALITY CLARION IS HARD TO BEAT
Old 07-09-2003, 03:41 PM
gt4me

Default Stereo problem!

Did they use one of the wiring kits to install it? What I mean is did they cut the existing harness up or did they use the kit so the pioneer plugs directly into the factory harness. If they did use a kit make sure they used the one with the ground wire. An easy way to check is look at the pioneer diagram and just make sure the Yellow and Red are on 12volt power (1 constant and 1 ignition) and 1 ground. Also make sure the ground wire coming out of the pioneer is the same gauge (thickness) as the stock. If not just ground it directly to the chasis.