Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Mach 460 wiring Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Roger Hopkins

Default 2000 GT Mach 460 Wiring diagram

Originally Posted by solidsnakegt
The plug and play harness worked perfectly in my 2000 GT with mach 460. I intstalled a pioneer head unit last saturday and it only took a few hours. I have the factory wiring diagram for the 2000 mach 460. Give me your e-mail address and I'll attach it in an email. The diagram is six pages long. Have fun.
I am trying to install a new system and need a wiring diagram for the 2000Gt can you email it to me. I would much appreciate it!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Bentley1210

Default Wiring diagram for Mach 460

Originally Posted by ghstintheshell
i ended up going to Helms, downloading the wiring diagrams and going into the dash and hacking it up. I am waiting on a four pot to dial in the system. I ended up just cutting the propritary connections and wiring it myself. The wiring harness did not have the remote power wire correctly located in the wiring harness from crutchfield. To those with the 2000 GT mach 460 with the single CD player on the bottom, i am happy to supply diagrams and information to the lost ones. Thanks to everyones helps. Hopefully within the week it will all be wrapped up.
I need the wring diagram for my 2000 v6 mustang. I'm putting in a dual radio and I need help finding the speaker wires. Thank you
Old 04-19-2015, 11:47 AM
rarestamx

Default Mach 460 drains battery

Hi all, Hope im on the correct page. I have a 2001 gt with mach 460 system. There is a draw on the battery that runs it dead in 2 days, When i pull the 25 amp fuse it will not drain the battery. Has anybody had this problem, That can help me find the problem?
Old 09-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Amy De Santis

Default Lost unit install.

So I wired up the stereo and it didn't turn on. I thought I might just have a bad face unit due to it being pregnant used but I'm also stumped on the colors to the speakers. The diagrams I fin online all mention colors I do not fine in the wires that came from the stock stereo units. I'm not sure I have the right wire diagram. Please help! Thank you

Originally Posted by ghstintheshell
i ended up going to Helms, downloading the wiring diagrams and going into the dash and hacking it up. I am waiting on a four pot to dial in the system. I ended up just cutting the propritary connections and wiring it myself. The wiring harness did not have the remote power wire correctly located in the wiring harness from crutchfield. To those with the 2000 GT mach 460 with the single CD player on the bottom, i am happy to supply diagrams and information to the lost ones. Thanks to everyones helps. Hopefully within the week it will all be wrapped up.
​​​​​​
Old 09-02-2017, 12:52 AM
imp
3rd Gear Member

I have a '94 GT with "Mach 460" shown here and there. No idea what it meant, I found a hulking chassis in the trunk which is obviously some kind of amplifier, fed by a giant copper wire in clear plastic insulation. Under the hood, a similar (same) copper wire was connected to battery + lug, ran under fuse box, and through the firewall. That conductor had a big fuseholder in it, with like a 100 amp. fuse in it.

In the cab, a triangular glob is fastened to the inside front of the doors, over the triangle holding the mirrors. Marked "460".

Can anyone tell me what I have here? imp
Old 07-29-2020, 07:31 PM
webdancer

OK, here is the deal. I have an 01 V6 Convertible. It had a Mach 460 system in it, at one time. A previous owner installed a JVC receiver. When I first started up the system you could not turn the volume up past 12 because ALL the speakers would distort. I went through the receiver programming and if I turned the internal amp off (little 40 watt) and turned the bass ALL the way off I could get the system up to 18, but it would still distort badly at that volume. So I bought new door speakers and new rear tweeters and speakers. STILL sounded like crap. I went on a bunch of different Mustang forums and even wrote Crutchfields (where I got the speakers from) but to no avail no one had any idea what was wrong. After a couple of weeks of research I found out about the amps working at 3 ohms. Now whom ever said it would burn the amp out was partially correct, but it destroys the speakers first. So I went and bypassed the amps and low and behold I can now crank my system. I am having to replace the door tweeters as they have been blown at some point in time.

Here is my current quandary. I want to use the amps to power 2 subs I am putting in the trunk. I found 2 10" subs in Japan that are 3 ohm so they will work. What I am trying to find out is: What are the 2 large cables that go to the back side of each amp. The left amp has a Gray with White stripe the other is Gray with Orange stripe. I have the complete electrical wiring diagrams for the car which includes the 460 system. But no where does it have these cables. They feel like there are 2 wires in each one and am going out now to split the wires to see if that is right or not. But does anyone have the offhand knowledge of what these cables are?
Old 06-05-2023, 11:40 PM
Lleonard1185

Default Mach460 full stereo wiring

I have 2000 GT convertible with the mach460. It originally had the separate single cd player on the bottom. I've tried EVERYTHING to get my new speakers to all turn on but nothing seems to work. If anyone has the wiring diagram or could tell me the best way to hook everything up PLEASE help me. I changed the radio to a double din and was going to wire the 4bottom speakers to a separate amp since I can only get the tweeters working(sometimes). What am I doing wrong????