Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Can anyone help me??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:28 AM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

Default Can anyone help me??

Hey guys! I just got an Alpine 9835 cd player. I need help installing it. I have a 2000 Ford Mustang GT convertible with Mach 460 sound system. I bought the wiring harness "Ford Premium Sound System Amplifier Eliminator System" from BestBuy. Is this the right wiring harness? If it is what do I have to do next? They said I have to bypass my amps in my car. What should I do??
My stock stereo has the radio and tape player on top and the cd player on the bottom. They are split up.

What kind of a wiring Harness should I get? I bought "ford premium sound system amplifier eliminator system Harness," is this the right one to use for my car???
Old 03-21-2005, 02:55 AM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Can anyone help me??

When you have the mach system it makes it tricky you need an adapter, and some other things, Im not really sure cuz i didnt have a mach system but the guy told me it would be a pain if i did have it. So if I were you i'd get it proffessionally done, just so you dont mess anything up. Its tricky because there is alot of wiring already with the amps and speakers, and you might blow a fuse if you dont know what your doing. So my suggestion is just pay the 60 bucks and get it done right...
Old 04-04-2005, 12:45 AM
mrnolan27

The best way to do this is to leave the cd player alone or get a blank for the dash. As far as bypassing the amps. if you are going to run the speakers off of the stereo. I would rerun speaker wire to each speaker from the radio. It really is not that hard. Let me know
Old 04-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

You will need to do a number of things. It is possible but just follow me here.

You do not need the amp intergrater. This is only really for use with BOSE systems and doesn't really work for that matter either. You have to bypass the amp...integration will work..but will sound horrible.

Your Mach system will have an amplifier in three locations. One in the radio, on the back of the speakers, or just an amplifer in the dash or under the seats.

If you have the amp in the radio or under the seats then you can replace your deck and keep your factory speakers. If you have the amps built into the speakers you will need all new speakers.

Doing an amp bypass means finding the amp and running the speakers inputs to the speaker outputs completely bypassing the amp. This is the easiest way. The harder way is running new wire to the speakers themselves. Trust me you don't want to do this.

When you bypass your amp you will have to eliminate two speakers.
The reason is because your factory speakers are 2 ohm and the deck is made for 4 ohm speakers. Your apline will get buy playing 4 speakers that are 2 ohms but it is likely to go bad in about a year. If you wire 6 speakers to your alpine then you will get your alpine to go out in about a week. The reason is...is because you have to tie two speakers together to get it to play on one channel on the alpine. This is called parallel wiring which causes it to be knocked to 1 ohm...which is very unstabble for 99% of all audio equipment. Only class D mono amps can handle 1 ohm properly.

So your best bet is to replace all your speakers to normal 4 ohms. This way your alpine will see only 2 speakers at 4 ohms and 2 at 2 ohms (tying two 4 ohms speakers together in parallel will give you a 2 ohm load...this is why I said 2 2 ohms)

You will loose your tape deck too. No way to intergrate. Get a Universal pocket from Best Buy ($16.99) and this will fill the hole.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Yeah thats what sucks about the 99-01 stangs they come with that gay 2 seperate cd and tape players HELLA STUPID!! whats the point? and if you get an aftermarket deck it replaces all of it and it looks like sh*t cuz you have a big empty space in the dash. [:@]
Old 04-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

That is not the only car that looks bad because of two seperate units.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Josue Guevara

i need help AND DONT KNOW HOW TO POST MY OWN QUESTION ON HERE .. WELL I HAVE A FORD MUSTANG GT 2000 NO MACH SYSTEM JUST THE REGULAR ONE SO 2 PROBLEMS 1 THE BLACK GROUND WIRE WONT COME OFF AND 2 I DIDNT KNOW YOU NEEDED A HARNESS SO I CUT THE WIRES WHAT CAN I DO ?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

well you could just cut the ground wire if you cut all the rest.

You don't NEED a hrns it just makes it 100X's easier. Now you will need to diagnose all the wires and connect them in the car where with the hrns you can just do it in yer living room.

Get a volt meter or test light and test ever wire in the dash for either power or ground with the key off, on, and with the lights on. By doing this you should find the 12v constant, the 12v switched, the ground and the dimmer wire. When you find them connect them and move to the next wire.

To fine the speaker wires you will need a small battery, even a AA will work. Strip all the ends of the wires and then take one wire and touch it to one end of the battery, and the any other wire to the other end. If you happen to select the two wires that are connected to a speaker that speaker will make a small popping noise or a rubbeing noise. If nothing happens take one wire off, and then try a different wire. Keep doing this until you make all 4 speakers pop and connect them when you find them.

Another option if you still have the hrns you cut off, go out and by the correct hrns that you would have used. cut the package open so that you can seal it and return it and keep the reciept. plug the two hrns's together and now you can follow the wires through the hrns to see what wires are what colors. For example take the yellow +12v constang on the hrns you bought and see what wire is on the other side of the hrns. Now connect the factory wire to the yellow wire in the decks hrns and repeat this until its all done. When yer done then put the hrns back and then return it.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

Great info, btw, the battery test will also tell you polarity of the speaker wires. When the plus side of the battery is connected to the + speaker input, and the negative to the -, the speaker cone will move towards you. You'll have better sound, especially bass when all the speakers are the correct polarity.