Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Anyone have specs for building sub box for 07 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have specs for building sub box for 07 Mustang

If your too lazy to figure out the recommended airspace for your subs and figure out what is best are you really going to go and build your own box?

Do a search on ebay, or go check out the prefab boxes at your local shop. You could have figured it out on your own a long time ago and had it done by now.

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Ya that is one of his boxes. I know he built his with fiberglass. I don't want to do that. It's nice but I just want to build a basic mdf box, and carpet it. Do you have the dimensions on that box? Like H,W,L?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

True ttocs I could have just as easily measured my car to get the dimensions. But if someone already built a box to spec, why not just have them help me out and give me their box dimensions. Makes sense right.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:01 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I guess.... Didn't mean to be a d!ck but you need to desing your box for the subs you are going to use. A box is not a box is a box is not a box.

The first step in designing it is to decide if you want a sealed, or ported box. you need to decide what you want from the system, spl or sq?

From that you need to find out the recommended airspace for the subs(sealed or ported), as well as the displacement of the speaker(how much space the magnet takes up in the box). These two numbers are normally included with the sub, or available at their website. Find these two things and we will go from there unless you think that someone is now suddenly going to puke up the dimensions for you after a week????

I get annoyed when people come on here with questions that for me to answer would require reading their manual. Which fuse is blown ect???? If you can't read your manual I have found very few people here that will do it for you, or that you would want to do for you..........
Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Ok I want a sealed box. I know my subs need a min .8cuft, 3cuft max. The manual tells me the dimensions for a single box. The single sealed box at .8cuft airspace is top 13 7/16in., bottom 16 7/16in., height 14in., width 28 1/2in. Do I just multiply the numbers for a dual box? The mounting depth is 5 9/16 in. The hole cut out is 9 1/4in. Thanks for the help. First box I am going to attempt to make with 3/4 mdf board.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:27 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

you already have the dimensions to the box????? What is this post about??????
Old 01-19-2008, 12:32 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

This is for a single box. I need a dual box for both of my 10's. How should I build it?
The single sealed box at .8cuft airspace is top 13 7/16in., bottom 16 7/16in., height 14in., width 28 1/2in.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:37 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

First off any subwoofer that has a box size ranging from .8 cubes to 3 cubes, well it's Kicker so I don't know why I even bothered pointing that out.

You have the box dimensions for one woofer. Your asking how to make it for two...

You should be buying a box thats made my friend.

P.S. Those dimensions give you a 2.6 cube enclosure.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

X2, glad you recognized it and said it, I was speechless....

ORIGINAL: seight311

You have the box dimensions for one woofer. Your asking how to make it for two...

You should be buying a box thats made my friend.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:51 PM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

seight311, ttocs, I've known you guys to be good people. But you guys are being straight d**ks right now.

luckydawg003, I can't really blame them. If you want to share the space [so you don't have to make a dual-chambered which increases the size of the box a little], you ideally double the amount of air space your subs need. .8cuft-3cuft is a HUGE difference. I'd go with what they give you, around 2.25cuft-2.6cuft.

Good luck.

Post pictures when you're done.

EDIT:: that's 2.25cuft-2.6cuft per sub. So whatever you choose, multiply it by two.
(Remember, the more air space, the more space your driver can move, thus higher output. However, I believe the higher the space, and the more your driver goes to it's highest point, the more it gets worked. Thus, will inevidably last for less time. But, I don't believe that much less time. As long as you stick in the range of what they give you, uou shouldn't even have to worry)
Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I can't get a already made box, because it won't fit thru the small trunk opening. I have already considered that option. I want more of a custom box that fits closest to the rear seats, going on top of the upward slop that my trunk has. But if you guys aren't going to help, I'll just ask another forums site.

Quick Reply: Anyone have specs for building sub box for 07 Mustang