Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

what are...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:55 PM
apolnerow08
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what are...

I think JL is better quality but not louder than Kickers.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:01 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

same here. my friend with the JL's arent nearly as loud as my friend that has the Kicker 12's. not even close. they were even running the same amp. i guess that had to go with the gain tho. but they both had thiers tuned professionally, so theyre both maxed out to be as loud as they cna while being safe. so idk. i love kicker tho so im gonna stick with them no matter what.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:37 PM
apolnerow08
2nd Gear Member

You have any pics of your setup?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:44 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

not right now. the cars kinda torn apart at the moment, and i hate putting up pics of anything less than perfect. i can get it cleaned up and pics up tomorrow of whats done. (single12 in the cabin) and the pics of it done by sometime next week. with the two other 10's. the amps are in the trunk. theyre carpeted angled boxes (not square) the 12's bigger and centermounted and the 10's are gonna be one on each side taking up the entire width of the back seat.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

im pleased with what sound quality im getting from kicker
Your easy to please.

You keep saying you want yours louder than your friends but you stick with the same equipment as them?

And to sit here and say that you think JL isn't as loud as Kicker is rediculous, thats like saying Ford is better than Chevy when your comparing a Ford GT to a Cobalt. Of course it is your at two opposite ends of the spectrum.

You take Kicker and put it up against JL's counterpart driver, the JL will walk all over it in sq and easily be just as if not louder. The only thing Kicker has that will flat out destroy a W7, is their 18" Solo X (and yes still sound like *****). Even though the Solo is pretty much pointless unless you have 10 batteries, 2 HO alternators, and a 1/4 mile of 1/0 wiring, and a 10 cu. 200 pound enclosure.

Mixing a pair of 10's and a single 12 is rare to ever perform the way you want it to. You better have the enclosures tuned to perfection and dedicate an entire afternoon with a oscilloscope if you want it to function right at all. You ever seen anyone in a db or sq competition iwht different driver sizes? I didn't think so, and you don't se it for a reason.

You want Kicker, I could care less, I wont waste my time trying to save you money and **** your friends off because you could spend half of what they did andyou'd belouder. Enjoy the visual end of your squares when the your surround corners start spliting, they look super cool then.

Get a big ported box, throw this in it and power it with your 1000.1
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5811.

Sell your 12 and 750.1 if you need the money.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:17 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

their amps tend to suck up alot of current because their speaker tend to suck up alot of power to sound good. I am not saying they are bad but I have owned and sold alot of gear and managed to stay away from kicker comp. Why is everything that they make end with "COMP"?

Some people just love it and think it is the hands down best of the best, but then look at how many people still like the cubs(sorry cups fans)?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:23 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Some people just love it and think it is the hands down best of the best, but then look at how many people still like the cubs(sorry cubs fans)?
Bwaaaaahaaaaahaha [8D]

Go Sox!

Why is everything that they make end with "COMP"?
Because it's all competetion grade of course!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 AM
disturbed471985
4th Gear Member

Im with seight on this one enough said. But to answer question 1 cactus sounds 15 with 2 crown 6000's special box with 14batts and 2 alts did a 155.8 on term lab on dash. theres room for improvement current keep dropting down to 15.3. Ull be somewhere in the low 140's prob 130's depens on box!!

p.s as stated above mixing 10's and 12's is not for the avg joe basicly your goin to sound like 2 fat *** cheaks flapping together
Old 02-27-2008, 01:21 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

i just bought a buncha car audio stuff for my other car. Was going to run 2 TC 3000 15's with a zx2500.1 on each, in ~8cube ported box, with 2 HC2400's, and a HO alt. Unfortunatly i went out and bought a 08 GT instead and now have most of that stuff among other stuff laying around, that i need to sell. Kicker makes fine products, people just hate on them cause there more mainstream now then what they were. There sold in bestbuy and circuit city and people tend to have issues with that and think it classifies them with brands like dual, and insignia (Best buys brand).

Now however on the JL better then kicker whatever, i would say it depends more on the enclousure then brand. Put a w7 in a box built like ***, against mabye a L7 in like a 6th order musical bandpass or something, and see what happens. However if you were to test the w7/L7 in the like same enclosure with same specs of box, and equipment, and car, etc. the w7 would be better, but kicker is cheaper and may be enough to satisfy you.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:32 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Put a w7 in a box built like ***, against mabye a L7 in like a 6th order musical bandpass or something, and see what happens
No matterhow great of asubwoofer you put in a crappy box, it won't perform well, SPL or SQ. Period.

Quick Reply: what are...