Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Audiovox FM Modulator installed...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default Audiovox FM Modulator installed...

Just wanted to post this for those who have wondered how the FM modulators perform as compared to wireless fm transmitters and hard wired aux inputs. i originally had a Peripheral installed in my stang a few years ago which performed excellent up until it wigged out my cars computer and i got error messages and gauges that didnt work. since removing it about a year ago, i've had no computer problems. i decided to avoid purchasing another high priced aux input adapter and the chance of having computer issues again and researched a few of fm modulators available: trip tunes, scosche and audiovox. i know these wouldnt match the sound clarity as the aux inputs but i just wanted something that sounded at least as good as the clearest radio stations which the wireless fm transmitters failed to do horribly. i decided to get the Audiovox modulator (Circuit City: $50) since it seemed to have the most consistent positive reviews. i finally got around to installing it today and i was instantly impressed. the clarity wasnt at the level of the aux input adapter but it was pretty darn close! there is a mild hiss sound if the mp3 player is on pause or if there is nothing attached but once the music gets going, there is no interference noticed at all. i am totally pleased with this modulator so far and will get a better idea of how it truly performs when i take it through L.A. this week. i'll post an update after taking it through the city.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Audiovox FM Modulator installed...

UPDATE: finally got a chance to take my stang with fm modulator through L.A. yesterday and didnt notice any drop in quality at all. L.A. seems like it has a thousand radio stations and this is where those fm transmitters failed horribly. the interference on those things is absolutely painful on the ears, literally. the Audiovox modulator finally lived up to what i needed ever since my Peripheral AUX adapter went haywire on my car's computer. the clarity is literally as good as the best clear radio station and a worthy solution for those who just want to hook up their mp3 devices and listen to clear quality sound without the worry of an adapter wigging out on them all for less than $50. not sure how the other fm modulators perform (i'm guessing they would all be comparable) but the Audiovox is a definate worthy device. hope this helps anyone installing one of these gadgets or something similar.