Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Speaker Popping Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:32 PM
andysm
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Speaker Popping Problem

Sorry I can't answer that one. But I am guessing if you are patient, one of these audio guys will answer that question.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:33 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

they are wrong, but you will never get them to admit it. What big box shop is this? Turn on pop is a common problem with cheap equipment(the factory equipment) but it is not the case now. It may have not been a problem in your old car for any number of reasons, can't tell now.

The votage regulator is a little bette way to do it, but the 1.5k resistor works just fine also.

Do me a favor and get this fixed, and then go show them. Installers are invairable big-headed sobs that do not like to be told they are wrong, and hate to be proven wrong. It is always funny to show them that they are wrong, and then they will come up with some bs to try and save face not unlike that of a 5th grader when you tell them they are wrong. If that is the case then maybe you can give them a link to this post......
Old 03-13-2008, 06:51 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ttocs

they are wrong, but you will never get them to admit it. What big box shop is this? Turn on pop is a common problem with cheap equipment(the factory equipment) but it is not the case now. It may have not been a problem in your old car for any number of reasons, can't tell now.

The votage regulator is a little bette way to do it, but the 1.5k resistor works just fine also.

Do me a favor and get this fixed, and then go show them. Installers are invairable big-headed sobs that do not like to be told they are wrong, and hate to be proven wrong. It is always funny to show them that they are wrong, and then they will come up with some bs to try and save face not unlike that of a 5th grader when you tell them they are wrong. If that is the case then maybe you can give them a link to this post......
I'm having my girlfriend print out the link that andysm posted and having her go to Radio Shack with the printout to get the part. Then I'm going to have her friend's co-worker (he does audio installations) install it and prove that it can be fixed and that they are full of ****.

I'm going to enjoy this.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 PM
andysm
1st Gear Member

[sm=smiley20.gif]Can't wait for the update. Keep us posted.[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 03-13-2008, 11:32 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

sounds good..... For some reason most shops thing the mach is some weird and scary thing that just cannot be understood. It uses a couple of things that are different, but it is the same stuff.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:00 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

Well, I talked to Best Buy again today and I got a different guy. The guy told me that all you had to do to fix it was put a resistor in it and it would resolve the problem without effecting the sound of the systme at all.

I have an appointment Tuesday night after 6 to get the guy to put it in. He said he's been putting them in F150's for years and never had a single problem so he's positive that this will fix the problem.

I'll let you guys know how it goes Tuesday night.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:20 AM
andysm
1st Gear Member

[sm=smiley20.gif]
Perseverance finally may payoff. Sometimes it is hard work getting something done right. [sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 03-15-2008, 10:07 AM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andysm

[sm=smiley20.gif]
Perseverance finally may payoff. Sometimes it is hard work getting something done right. [sm=chairshot.gif]
Tell me about it. How hard can it be to do the job right the first time and not have to do all the damn work later?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:04 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

that is what I said. The only problem that you could run into is that this will creat some current on the remote turn on lead, which could blow a fuse. IF that does happen let me know and I have an easy fix for that as well.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:06 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

that is what I said. The only problem that you could run into is that this will creat some current on the remote turn on lead, which could blow a fuse. IF that does happen let me know and I have an easy fix for that as well.

Will do, thanks.

Quick Reply: Speaker Popping Problem