Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

ANSWER to (AUX) button on Shaker 500

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:08 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: ANSWER to (AUX) button on Shaker 500

inside the fender area in the engine compartment or along the firewall is a good antenae location
Old 07-22-2005, 03:29 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

http://www.usaspec.com/

these guys have what you want for the mach 460. Check to see if they have stuff for the 05's.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:26 AM
rmangru

...so the answer is that the button really does nothing!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:33 AM
NY2005GT

08/11/2005
FRD04-AUX Adjustable Auxiliary Input For Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Vehicles
Chatsworth, CA Precision interface Electronics (P.I.E.) is pleased to introduce the new FRD04-AUX adapter that converts the Rear Seat Entertainment port of specified OEM Ford / Lincoln / Mercury radios to RCA level audio input. The FRD04-AUX has a built-in audio adjustment pot with an input sensitivity range of 0.475 volts to 4.75 volts (peak to peak) allowing the installer to match the audio level of the AUX device to the audio level of the AM, FM, or CD modes of the factory radio. The new part is compatible with the following Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury OEM "CAN-BUS" radios with "AUX" button: FORD LINCOLN F-150 2004-2005 Focus 2005 Mark LT 2006 F-250 2005 Freestyle 2005 F-350 2005 Five hundred 2005 MERCURY F-550 2005 Mustang 2005 Montego 2005 But not compatible if vehicle is equipped with OEM Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) system, navigation, or factory satellite radio. The Part # FRD04-AUX is short for FoRD “04”-style Ford harness (CAN-BUS), AUX for auxiliary audio input through the Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) port of the OEM Ford / Lincoln / Mercury radio. The following are some types of compatible auxiliary devices: portable MiniDisc, portable MP3 player, portable CD player, mobile VCR/VCP, mobile DVD player, portable DVD player W/ monitor built in, PlayStation game console, satellite radio. This new adjustable RCA level auxiliary input is available for an MSRP of $129.50. PIE operates a joint-venture offshore ISO-9002 manufacturing facility, thus ensuring control over production and quality. PIE’s headquarters is located at 9601 Mason Avenue. Chatsworth, CA 91311, phone (818) 678-3690, fax (818) 678-3697, website: http://www.pie.net/
Old 08-13-2005, 04:03 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: rplourdejr

ORIGINAL: AtlanticBlue99

get an FM transmitter for 20 bucks form Best Buy. then set your radio to a station with no reception and set the transmitter at the same station and plug the transmitter into your headphone outlet of the ipod. enjoy the mp3 music in your car.
Belkin makes such a device just for the ipod. Called the Tunecast II. Walmart carries them. I might get one for my Sirius radio since, the only channels the radio broadcasts on are already being used by radio stations.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=166903

Speaking of Sirius...I have a 2002 Mustang GT vert and it seems, none of the body panels are metal. Has anyone used a Sirius antenna and gets good reception? I got great reception on my last car by putting the antenna on the outside of the truck. Can't do that here. Right now, it is on the black metal piece that wraps around the rear seats. Don't get the best of reception with that location though. Not sure where else to try it. It needs some metal to get a signal from.
old post, but if you haven't found a good spot, I put my sirius antennae between the rear window and the trunk. I ran the wire under the rubber weatherstrip and just laid the antenna there. Trunklid isn't metal, so reception works. It fits just below the trunk lid when the lid is closed, gets good reception, and the theives don't know I have sirius in my car, cause you can't see it. If you still care and really want a pic, pm me.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:18 AM
lobsenza

I sell PIE adapters and do sell the FRD04-AUX. This part will add an auxilliary input to the 2005 Mustangs, F150s and several other vehicles. The manufacturer is estimating that these parts will begin shipping in limited quantities sometime in September. I do have some parts on the intiital shipment still available. You can buy these from my eBay store at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRD04...0792QQtcZphoto. If there is interest in a group purchase, I will be willing to offer a discount. You are welcome to email me at Andy@AncoAuto.com with questions or a group purchase. Orders will be filled in the order received. The first group of parts are being air shipped in by PIE and, once these are gone, no additional parts will be available for 2 months. This is currently the hottest adapter that I am selling since (I am almost positive) it is the only one that will work with the new Ford radios.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
SUPRA88
1st Gear Member

yes the interface works for most ford vehicles
this device is for the Ford CAN-Bus CD changer radio!! most 2005 to 2007 The PIE FRD04-AUX Auxiliary Input Converter connects to the 16-pin Rear Seat Entertainment (RCE) data port of your CAN-Bus factory radio to create an external auxiliary input. The factory radio must have an "AUX" button to be compatible
to read more follow this link and stay awa from ebay pie will void the warranty if the item didn't come from one of their dealers there is lots of places to buy this here is one link

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-192-8...frd04-aux.aspx
Old 03-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Skydiver107

I installed the PIE adapter on my 2006 GT with the Shaker 500 system. It works like a champ. The sound couldn't be better.

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier or not, but the PIE adapter just converts the AUX output to accept RCA inputs. You still need to buy another adapter that will allow you to use your Ipod. It will plug into the bottom connector on the Ipod and give power to charge the Ipod and all that. The other end will plug into the RCA's on the PIE adaptor.

Should work for the 05 as well. I don't think they would change the radio after only 1 year.

PIE Adapter:
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=813

Ipod Adapter for the PIE Adapter:
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=793
Old 12-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Suds21

Excellent thread guys!! This is the reason why forums work. Good investigation for answers (and someone always has the answer). I'm ordering my adapter right now. The kids will have Christmas again next year, right? ;-) By the way, my Ford dealer told me that the AUX button was for an iPod when selling me the car so had to be guessing. Not that I needed the incentive to get my hands on a 'Stang.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:04 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

yeah i got one of those

and they suck!

ORIGINAL: AtlanticBlue99

get an FM transmitter for 20 bucks form Best Buy. then set your radio to a station with no reception and set the transmitter at the same station and plug the transmitter into your headphone outlet of the ipod. enjoy the mp3 music in your car.

Quick Reply: ANSWER to (AUX) button on Shaker 500