Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Help me build my system please, thanks :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 AM
mattlowe01
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help me build my system please, thanks :)

Well i was looking into the eD nine.2 amp and two 13kv.2's in a nice custom box that i will be building. Dont factor the cost of the box material into this, i have tons of material i can use.

thats 357 from eD with the package builder, or i can step it up to the nine.2x for like 25$ more which might give me more headroom to upgrade in the future
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

ORIGINAL: floodzilla

ive had infinity regular and components for years and theyve always been reliable and sound really good.
I qould expect nothing less from someone with terrible taste.

[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]
Wow that sounded pretty gay! good one! ***. sorry my "taste" isnt good enough for you guys.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

ive had infinity regular and components for years and theyve always been reliable and sound really good.
I qould expect nothing less from someone with terrible taste.

[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]
Wow that sounded pretty gay! good one! ***. sorry my "taste" isnt good enough for you guys.
Any reason You're still here?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:40 AM
joeybutts
4th Gear Member

I would definitely look into amp and comps for your front stage before anything else. Also, do you have an aftermarket H/U yet? I would make THAT your number one priority since that is the most expensive piece (usually). I wish I would have saved up for my H/U first.

BUT, the 9.2 is going to give you more like 130-140 watts per channel, which would be more than enough for almost any component set. But if you do go with eD products, then go for the 9.2x if it is only $25 more. I have the 6000s and the 9.2 and it should be plenty for my front stage.

Also consider Diamond Hex's, CDT's, Rainbow's, Crystal's, DLS's.

ACTUALLY!!! Why not get the eD special on the DLS comps and9.2 for $375???? That deal is ridiculous.

Don't try to do the whole system on $500. Do it in stages. You'll be much happier in the end.

And stay away from MOST things mainstream.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:47 PM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

Hey man im sorry. im sick, i dont feel good, and im awnery today. i love car audio, but im more into bass and loudness then anything else. i have 2 15 kicker l7s and 2 hifonics 1600 amps.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

Hey man im sorry. im sick, i dont feel good, and im awnery today. i love car audio, but im more into bass and loudness then anything else. i have 2 15 kicker l7s and 2 hifonics 1600 amps.
I'm into music that gets loud and still sounds good.

If You are interested in some info on that then let me know.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:04 PM
mattlowe01
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: joeybutts

I would definitely look into amp and comps for your front stage before anything else. Also, do you have an aftermarket H/U yet? I would make THAT your number one priority since that is the most expensive piece (usually). I wish I would have saved up for my H/U first.

BUT, the 9.2 is going to give you more like 130-140 watts per channel, which would be more than enough for almost any component set. But if you do go with eD products, then go for the 9.2x if it is only $25 more. I have the 6000s and the 9.2 and it should be plenty for my front stage.

Also consider Diamond Hex's, CDT's, Rainbow's, Crystal's, DLS's.

ACTUALLY!!! Why not get the eD special on the DLS comps and 9.2 for $375???? That deal is ridiculous.

Don't try to do the whole system on $500. Do it in stages. You'll be much happier in the end.

And stay away from MOST things mainstream.

Yeah im planning on doing it in stages... I was hoping id be able to squak two front stage speakers out of the 500$, but i guess id rather not.

Could you explain what a comp is?

And yes, i have an aftermarket headunit. Pioneer 6900ub
Old 04-21-2008, 09:58 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

This is a good entry level comp set...

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5207$99

If you really want to stick to a $500 budget. Get yourself a couple profile amps from ikesound like these and the comp set. They will last for a long time and sound great for the money, but you will want to upgrade at a later time...

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2839for comps $55

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2836for subs $73

Old 04-21-2008, 10:29 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

comp = componant speaker meaning the tweeter and woofer are seperated, and the signal is seperated at the cross-over that is included with the speakers. These cross-overs typically eat a little bit of your amps power, but the speaker is better utilized by playing the frequencies determined by the x-over.

Compcan also follow anything kicker makes, and this refers to competition. I am not sure when or where "COMP" became part of kickers name but it has been at least a decade since I have heard the word kicker, followed by anything but "COMP"....... Not everything kicker makes is competition ready.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 PM
mattlowe01
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info

Okay, so im looking into those 13ov.2's at eD, but if i want to run two, i need a nine.1 and not a nine.2x, but for 70$ is a steal. Would I be better off purchasing two now, buying a nine.2x, running one for now, then when i do a full front stage upgrade, use the nine.2x for the front stage and purchase a nine.1 to run both subs?

Quick Reply: Help me build my system please, thanks :)