Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Mach 460 head unit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
snide

Default Mach 460 head unit.

Hey all,

I have an Alpine I want to put into my 2003 GT, problem is the installer is telling me it would be easier to just replace everything and re-wire. He says the Mach systems are wired differently then most stock stereo systems. I guess the head unit powers one amp, which then powers the tweeters and then another amp is powers the subs, an installer’s nightmare apparently. Of course I understand his grief, but not enough to spend my money to save him some grief.

So I have elected to do this myself. Does anyone have the Mach 460 wiring diagram for a 2003 GT I can look over or point me to where I can get it?

Snide
Old 05-13-2005, 07:32 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mach 460 head unit.

Your installer is correct. Look at crutchfields site. They have an adaptor that will adapt a aftermarket head unit to the mach 460 system. But if you want to add subs and stuff it is easier to rewire the whole system and ditch the factory amps.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:07 AM
snide

roger...
Old 05-14-2005, 03:17 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

Yeah dude. The 460 is so incredibly proprietary. Nothing else like it. Sucks if you are trying to add on. I connected my Infinity Subwoofer to it and you can find articles on how-to or just eperiment which wires. But like SilverGTV8 mentioned, if you are trying to put more/better/different components/headunit in, you almost have to start from sratch. I'm glad to hear that Crutchfield has the adapter. I'll have to look it up. I want MP3 in my GT like I had in my previous ride!
Old 05-25-2005, 03:29 AM
4.6marine

Do not waste your money on the crutchfield adpater.....scosche makes one that works just as good. FAI-3 find it on CarDomain.com for like 19 bucks......half the price for the same unit........have to buy the harness seperate though......still come out cheaper.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:26 AM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

I got an adaptor for the car from circutcity it is only one harness the back of the mach has 3. all I have is highs but no lows does anyone know what i have to do to tie in the rest of those harnesses to get everything working properly
Old 05-30-2005, 12:07 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I don't think that is the correct adapter for total Mach 460 functionality. The sub has it's own amp and connections I believe. If you take a non-Mach 460 unit and put it in you Mach 460's space then you will have similar problem...very thin sound without any sub. I think that you have to get one of the connectors mentioned in the posts above.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:22 AM
4.6marine

Just goto cardomain.com and put in what kinda car you got and they will do the rest. Once you find the right part numbers do some shopping....like walmart to find a good price. Took me like three days to get everything and install it.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:51 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: snide

Hey all,

I have an Alpine I want to put into my 2003 GT, problem is the installer is telling me it would be easier to just replace everything and re-wire. He says the Mach systems are wired differently then most stock stereo systems. I guess the head unit powers one amp, which then powers the tweeters and then another amp is powers the subs, an installer’s nightmare apparently. Of course I understand his grief, but not enough to spend my money to save him some grief.

So I have elected to do this myself. Does anyone have the Mach 460 wiring diagram for a 2003 GT I can look over or point me to where I can get it?

Snide
Well, Technically, its the most logical and acoustic way to wire a system. If your an audiophile, then this is how you'd wire your system. Dedicated Power to each Frequency. Good job Ford
Old 06-21-2005, 10:22 PM
mustanggtandgsxr
1st Gear Member

sell me your mach 460.

Quick Reply: Mach 460 head unit.