Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

6x9's possible??

Old 10-10-2008, 08:27 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

Maybe I'm crazy maybe I'm not.

I can hear the difference in the upper midrange and lower treble. I listened to pioneer 6.5's and 6x9's same power and song and would swear the 6.5 sounded better.

I also can hear the difference between an audiophile's home turntable setup and CD player.

I know it sounds like bull but I could swear to hear the difference. I'm not as crazy as some though. A friend of mine has an audiophile setup at home with some $7k speakers. The builder got him to ship the speakers back to replace the lead solder with silver becuase he thought the silver sounded better.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:35 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

you need to call dave navone, sounds like you could win his amp challenge then. Were the 6.5s and the 6 x 9s that you compaired playing in their recomended enclosures or were the 6.5 using the doors and the by nines using the trunk?

I hope that you can tell the difference between an audiophile turn table and a cd player. The warmth of sound that a good record has can be called noise by other audiophile purists, but the purists really crack me up. I have a guy at work that claims to be one and has some pretty sweet equipment that he has bought and I guess his mother doesn't mind since he still lives with her in his 40's. He came in one day all excited claiming that he had bought an $800 power cable for his new HD tv(hooked up to a 10 yr old dvd player) and was amazed at the difference. He didn't like my resoning(logic) that the last 3 feet of power cable going to a componant is not going to matter when it is plugged into the same power grid that I pluged mine into(with the exception that his house wiring is 30 yrs older). He has the crystal speaker wire holders to isolate the cryogenically frozen wire to isolate it from the magnetic interference of the earth, even though he lives in an attick(above mom)....

I will say it again that if we had a 6 x 9 and a 6.5 in their properly sized and sealed enclosures with good power you would not notice a difference except that the by nine might have a little better low end.

It seems a couple of years ago all of sudden I started hearing from people this idea that a oval speaker cannot sound as good as a round one but I have yet to get the official memo. If someone can post a link to this official phenominom I would love to read the real theory behind it.